Sign in to follow this  
JJ-ROXX

Pokemon

Any fans here?

I started being a fan back in late '98 or so when i was 8 years old and my first game was Red version i also still have all my cards

I went off the franchise once i hit high school but came back to it a couple of years back and caught up on some of the games and i still play Pokemon Go to this day 

1 hour ago, JJ-ROXX said:

Any fans here?

I started being a fan back in late '98 or so when i was 8 years old and my first game was Red version i also still have all my cards

I went off the franchise once i hit high school but came back to it a couple of years back and caught up on some of the games and i still play Pokemon Go to this day 

no,not really.I played a few of the early games,but got out of them.The only games i have similar to Pokemon is the 3 Megaman Battle Network video games i have,where you collect battle chips in different games..I have Megaman Network Transmission for Gamecube,Megaman Battle Network 5 Double Team for DS(it has both version of MMBN5 from the Gameboy Advance on it),and a Japan only game called Rockman EXE- Operate Shooting Star for the DS(It's a port of MMBN1,but has a new chapter after you defeat Elecman,where a time-travelling bad guy from the future,Clockman,kidnaps Roll,and the girlfriend of the Megaman from the later Megaman Star Force games.The Battle Network Megaman teams up with Star Force Megaman to defeat Clockman.After Clockman is killed,you get the option of playing the rest of the game as Star Force Megaman.From what i heard his attacks are overpowered,and he can easily wipe out the remainder of Wily's forces in the game.So far i'm on chapter 5,last boss i beat was Iceman).

ROCKMAN EXE Operation Shooting Star DS.JPG

Oh I'm a biggggggggg fan. Pokémon is my second favorite video game franchise behind Kingdom Hearts. I haven't cared about the anime since the Diamond and Pearl arc, when it became obvious that Ash will never win a league no matter how hard he works for it, but I still have nostalgic feels for it.

My first game was Firered Version, which I pretty much took from my cousin after I deleted her save file at 6-7. Generation 3 is my favorite gen (Hoenn for the win!) and my preferred types are Normal, Fire, Ice, Dragon, Dark, and Fairy. Skitty is my ultimate mon and the Torchic line is my choice for starters.

Edited by LadySansaLannister
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, JJ-ROXX said:

my first game was Red version i also still have all my cards

Back in the good old days...

I sold my full original set for like $20 back in jr high... I even knew it was a dumb idea back then.

Red was my first game as well, and I can still remember how to do the "missing number" cheat lol

I stopped watching it/getting the games around gen 3, but as soon as they make a switch version I'm buying it!

On 2/13/2018 at 6:44 PM, JJ-ROXX said:

Any fans here?

I'm a long time Pokemon fan myself. I've collected the games since day one, and have passed the legacy to my kids. I still battle them once in a while, and hold my own despite that. I passed my card collection to my youngest, and it's worth quite a bit.

On 2/13/2018 at 8:28 PM, JF13 said:

The only games i have similar to Pokemon is the 3 Megaman Battle Network video games

MMBN was another of my guilty pleasures. That franchise brings back memories.

On 2/13/2018 at 8:38 PM, LadySansaLannister said:

My first game was Firered Version, which I pretty much took from my cousin after I deleted her save file at 6-7. Generation 3 is my favorite gen (Hoenn for the win!) and my preferred types are Normal, Fire, Ice, Dragon, Dark, and Fairy. Skitty is my ultimate mon and the Torchic line is my choice for starters.

You stole your cousin's Fire Red. I had a lot of schoolmates with that same dilemma back then. I chose Turtwig as my starter from Gen 4. I also favored Grass-types as my starters, but used mainly Dragon and Psychic types. Salamence and Alakazam for the win!

12 hours ago, Truth said:

Back in the good old days...

I sold my full original set for like $20 back in jr high... I even knew it was a dumb idea back then.

Red was my first game as well, and I can still remember how to do the "missing number" cheat lol

I stopped watching it/getting the games around gen 3, but as soon as they make a switch version I'm buying it!

There are rumors of a Pokemon game in the works for the Switch. I'll be in line with you for that one. B)

11 hours ago, Fair Play said:

You stole your cousin's Fire Red. I had a lot of schoolmates with that same dilemma back then. I chose Turtwig as my starter from Gen 4. I also favored Grass-types as my starters, but used mainly Dragon and Psychic types. Salamence and Alakazam for the win!

Salamance is one of my favorite Dragons. It's just so badass and the story of a Bagon wanting to fly and finally getting its wish by growing up into a fierce dragon is heartwarming.

11 hours ago, Fair Play said:

There are rumors of a Pokemon game in the works for the Switch. I'll be in line with you for that one.

All main series Pokemon games are most likely going to be on the Switch now that Nintendo announced that Ultra Sun and Moon were the last handheld games. I personally can not wait for the Sinnoh remakes. Gen 4 had an amazing soundtrack and lore and I'm looking forward to a rematch with Cynthia.

6 hours ago, LadySansaLannister said:

All main series Pokemon games are most likely going to be on the Switch now that Nintendo announced that Ultra Sun and Moon were the last handheld games. I personally can not wait for the Sinnoh remakes. Gen 4 had an amazing soundtrack and lore and I'm looking forward to a rematch with Cynthia.

I was not aware that Ultra Sun and Moon are to be the last handheld games. Would you happen to have a link about this?

Pokemon moving to the switch will be my reason for buying one i think, im playing through Moon now and i still need to go back to Black 2 and X on the handhelds but im very keen to see what gen 8 has to offer