jetlee2777

How to stop a driving car best strategy?

Hello there.

I have a question, how if necassary do you stop a driving car, with Jason?, as no matter now if I use now morph or shift I can't catch stop it and either miss it and the car pass me or they drive all over the map to waste my time.

I mean I've seen already players, which morphed right in front of the car and stop it, but for some reason when I try to do it I missed it and they are starting to drive backward.

Morph ahead of them a bit and shift over. If they start backing up, get behind them and you can stop it that way.

You can practice in offline bots, but they aren't very good drivers. It's a good place to start though. Just hold off on killing them until at least one car is started, then have at it.

morph up head on where there head to hit stalk and shift right to them 

At launch there were certain morph spots where Jason could morph right into the path of the car and crash it. I think they removed morph spots on major roads later on,  so now you must morph ahead of a car and shift into its path from out of sight.

If you are seen before you start shifting, they'll see your minimap icon and be able to avoid you, so it's best to shift from out of sight if at all possible. If you have normal or +Shift you can circle around if you miss, but -Shift can't do jack sh*t against a moving car unless taken by surprise.

I recently played a match as Part 7 and I stopped the car twice. Here it is for reference:

4 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

but -Shift can't do jack sh*t against a moving car unless taken by surprise.

Fact^

You're pretty much screwed if you're using a -shift Jason.

I usually morph way ahead of the car, use sense to see them coming if it's available, then use stalk and evil dead vision my way into the hood. It really depends which Jason you're using though.

14 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

At launch there were certain morph spots where Jason could morph right into the path of the car and crash it. I think they removed morph spots on major roads later on,  so now you must morph ahead of a car and shift into its path from out of sight.

If you are seen before you start shifting, they'll see your minimap icon and be able to avoid you, so it's best to shift from out of sight if at all possible. If you have normal or +Shift you can circle around if you miss, but -Shift can't do jack sh*t against a moving car unless taken by surprise.

I recently played a match as Part 7 and I stopped the car twice. Here it is for reference:

how did you put that gif on your profile

13 minutes ago, anon said:

how did you put that gif on your profile

4 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

What, my forum profile picture? I made it from Roy's stat screen picture.

I think he means your signature. @anon you can create a signature inside your profile settings. The guidelines for signatures are in the rules section of the forums.

27 minutes ago, jetlee2777 said:

Hello there.

I have a question, how if necassary do you stop a driving car, with Jason?, as no matter now if I use now morph or shift I can't catch stop it and either miss it and the car pass me or they drive all over the map to waste my time.

I mean I've seen already players, which morphed right in front of the car and stop it, but for some reason when I try to do it I missed it and they are starting to drive backward.

My strategy to stopping the Car is: 

First observe the Cars, movements. If the Car is going off-roading your best bet is to either Morph ahead then activate Stalk or just wait until the car is back on the main road. If the driver happens to be a causal driver then you shouldn’t have a problem, so yeah that’s about all I an offer just observe the Cars movements, Morph ahead and activate Stalk then Shift towards the front of the car and then Jason will automatically stop the Vehicle and if the car is in reverse just shift to back of the car and it should stop automatically as well.

7 minutes ago, Reyezblood 03 said:

My strategy to stopping the Car is: 

First observe the Cars, movements. If the Car is going off-roading your best bet is to either Morph ahead then activate Stalk or just wait until the car is back on the main road. If the driver happens to be a causal driver then you shouldn’t have a problem, so yeah that’s about all I an offer just observe the Cars movements, Morph ahead and activate Stalk then Shift towards the front of the car and then Jason will automatically stop the Vehicle and if the car is in reverse just shift to back of the car and it should stop automatically as well.

Activate stalk?, or you mean first morph then shift? as I mean eventhough you activate stalk the driver can still see you only not hear you, and also you can't do it on good drivers.

And didn't know that when you shift at the back of the car that Jason will stop the car too.

It's much easier to stop the car with a +shift Jason like part 6 or part 9(I love using part 9 myself).  With those 2 you can catch it from behind.  Otherwise, morph well in front of the car to give yourself time to get straightened out if your morph placement is off.  Go into stalk and shift towards the car, coming out of shift right in front of it.

1 hour ago, jetlee2777 said:

Activate stalk?, or you mean first morph then shift? as I mean eventhough you activate stalk the driver can still see you only not hear you, and also you can't do it on good drivers.

And didn't know that when you shift at the back of the car that Jason will stop the car too.

Yeah, you can stop a reversing Car by shifting behind it. And sorry about the confusion, activate Jason’s ability’s in this order:

1.Stalk

2.Morph

3.Shift 

3 minutes ago, Reyezblood 03 said:

Yeah, you can stop a reversing Car by shifting behind it. And sorry about the confusion, activate Jason’s ability’s in this order:

1.Stalk

2.Morph

3.Shift 

Ok will try it out, but that I actually don't need to and kill them, before they can even escape. :D

5 minutes ago, makeamericagreatagain94 said:

Shifting behind a car does not work 99% of the time for me.  usually bugged

Well actually it should be intended to stop the car at the front, that's why I was surprised that it's "working" also at the back of the car, cause I think that this is a bug. :D