MakeJasonGreatAgain

Hardest Souls Boss? (POLL)

Hardest Dark Souls/Bloodborne Boss?   

3 members have voted

1. 1. Which Dark Souls/Bloodborne Boss Do You Find Most Difficult? Pick your top 5 and feel free to explain!

• Smough & Ornstein
    • Knight Artorias
    • Manus
    • Kalameet
    • Sif the Great Wolf
    • Fume Knight
    • Darklurker
    • Sinh the Dragon
    • Orphan of Kos
    • Lady Maria
    • Ludwig
    • Soul of Cinder
    • Sister Friede and Father Ariandel
    • Nameless King

I don't see the capra demon from Dark Souls 1 here. A boss that auto-dunks you the second you enter through the fog is still one of the most unexpected things ever, even in a Souls game. Then there's the wide arcs of his swings, the claustrophic room, and his doggie minions who rip your asshole apart if you try to block anything.

On 2/13/2018 at 12:37 PM, Trident77 said:

I don't see the capra demon from Dark Souls 1 here. A boss that auto-dunks you the second you enter through the fog is still one of the most unexpected things ever, even in a Souls game. Then there's the wide arcs of his swings, the claustrophic room, and his doggie minions who rip your asshole apart if you try to block anything.

Capra was pretty easy, I am looking forward to Whoopin' him multiple times Again, VERY SOON!!!!! Just use the stiars and take out the dogs first....

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Erik13E said:

Capra was pretty easy, I am looking forward to Whoopin' him multiple times Again, VERY SOON!!!!! Just use the stiars and take out the dogs first....

Heh, whatever, you got curbstomped by him just like everyone else did unless you cheesed him with the decoy spell as well as the stairs (like you mentioned). Maybe later on he gets easy once you figure out a pattern, but that's with everything else in-game.

The thing is that Miyazaki designed the boss intentionally to be difficult for new players starting off as a way of introducing players to just how hard battles would get later. The Capra Demon himself isn't too difficult, but the problem is the environment was designed to take advantage of his wide swings as well as his dogs.

If they end up altering enemies/bosses like what From Software did with the Dark Souls 2 remastered version for the PS4, I can only imagine what horrors they'll cook up for newbies with that boss. Get rid of the cheese formulas, and unleash a dunk machine to give players a taste of what the original Dark Souls was like.

Trident,

Oh yes, the first fights I definitely got destroyed,

But I played on 6 different characters, 1 I focused

on a +8 game play through though, max 713 level.

A few of the others I leveled here and there. I have

played since Demon Souls "09, just stumbled upon it,

But only dedicated Dark Souls to multiple higher level characters.

DS2, I liked on the PS3 and then on the PS4, and I love playing DS3.

[I am greatly waiting to revisit DS1, Already paid for...]

@Erik13E I share your enthusiasm. Dark Souls Remastered is going to be fun, though I have to wonder if they're going to make it a regular port with bosses/enemies changed around, or if they're actually going to change some fundamentals about the game. Because the poise system is pretty outdated now; really not looking forward to using the wolf ring on every set of medium armor I find just so I don't get chain stunned. I can imagine using the weapon swap tactic to escape being chain stunned won't exist in the remastered version, so now my favorite armor set (Elite Knight) probably is going to get crappier.

I gotcha, I am looking forward to getting the Silver Knight weapons back. and making a Poison Build, Among other builds.

I just found out a list of the changes that will occur in the remastered Dark Souls was released a few hours ago. Looks like the majority of the changes were mostly for the online scene, so many things that needed changes like the resistance stat being worthless will remain that way.