Can somethng be added to pass along host status to another player in the lobby? Maybe I'm only one of a few here, but getting my time wasted in a match is very annoying. I get people don't want to sit through a whole match spectating or rage quit when murdered within the first minute or two. 

If the host is Jason, match ends and everyone gets some experience. If the host is a counselor, nothing. Now, the problem if that changed is people can start abusing it to get quick XP without finishing a match most likely.

I'm not trying to be ignorant of the complexities of such an implementation as it's probably a big deal to accomplish.

There's some nitpicks I have with the game but this one in particular causes me to stop playing due to aggravation.

They are overhauling the game engine, aiming to finish this sometime in April, and then implement dedicated servers. Which will indeed allow a handover of hosts and let a game to continue, rather than it just finishing when a host leaves.

You can read the current word about it here. I have to close this topic up as a duplicate, I'm afraid, because this one does come up a lot.
But have a look at the link when you can and I hope it puts you in the picture.

http://forum.f13game.com/topic/16669-dedicated-servers-updating-the-engine/