FunMonster

Jason still being killed too often after balance patch

I'm not the best Jason, but I've played a lot. I'm level 150 and I've only been legitimately killed as Jason once (since balance patch). Seeing a lot if Jason's getting killed recently. It's obvious why. Not a balance problem, but the fact that players can knock off Jason's mask way too easily by just hitting him repeatedly whilst he is stunned. If damage was not counted towards the mask coming off whilst stunned the balance issues would be solved immediately. Such an easy change which would solve a lot of problems.

Tommy Knocks the mask off in one hit with a machete if you use combat stance and perform a hevy attack directly connecting with Jason while he is facing you. At most it will take 2, but by the time you use your shotgun on top of counselors hitting him earlier on, it is usually only one heavy attack from Tommy using a machete that will be needed to do the job.

Even good Jasons are easy to kill if they don't retreat to the lake immeditely after their mask is knocked off before their stun resistance frames wear off (using the sweter immediately after the mask is knocked off won't work).

39 minutes ago, RoyBurns said:

Perhaps, or certain players should step up their skill level too. 

Explain how skill enters the equation when you're sitting there stunned and immobile while people are wailing away on you non-stop.

Not saying this happens to me often as I know how to deal with it, but that still doesn't mean it's not a problem.

That said, you're not wrong either. Balance is needed, but so is skill.

2 minutes ago, MysteriousMrX said:

Explain how skill enters the equation when you're sitting there stunned and immobile while people are wailing away on you non-stop.

Not saying this happens to me often as I know how to deal with it, that still doesn't mean it's not a problem.

You get them to separate or get them injured.

If a direct attack doesn't work, you have to try something else. 

Honestly I don't think it's as bad as you say it is @FunMonster. Sure, I see him die. I was actually killed for the first time after this most recent patch. But it's not happening every other match like it was before the patch. Counselors got used to playing that way and the ones that did well (without needing 3 pocketknives) are still able to kill him. I checked last night and less than 5% of all xbox players have gotten the achievement for killing Jason. That doesn't sound like a problem to me. Especially since everyone in the lobby gets it whether or not they actually did anything.

19 minutes ago, RoyBurns said:

You get them to separate or get them injured.

If a direct attack doesn't work, you have to try something else. 

Um...okay. But that doesn't in any way address my question. What you're talking about requires Jason to be mobile, and I agree that that is what he should be doing when he's able to move. I'm talking about when Jason is stunned and people continue to wail on him while he is stunned, as the OP said. He can't do any of the things you suggest while he's stunned. That's where the idea of balance comes into play.

Seems ok to me. The kills happening now are either earned via good teamwork or by beating a new Jason player.

It's rare that an experienced Jason player will get killed with the current settings. I had a group of what seemed to be a party of 4-5 people in my lobby last night. They were trying to hunt me down. They stunned me quite a bit but never even managed to get my mask off. Just gotta slash a bit when they start coming at you. 2 of them were even proficient with Combat Stance and blocking. Broke one of their weapons in the process, which seems like a rare occurrence.

Overall, a lot of the Jason's being killed right now seem to be players still figuring out how to play Jason efficiently.

• Like 3

Even though it would only be a small fix because average to above counselors will just overwhelm Jason in the long run.

I think allowing Jason to know where the Tommy radio is on the map makes a lot of sense. He already knows where the phone is. Why wouldn't he know where the radio is?

But like I said. If Jason made it a point to prevent counselors from activating the Tommy radio. They'll just bum rush the phone to distract him most likely, or the cars/boat if they really want to do something to 'distract' him if their only goal is to kill him.

Still...allowing Jason to know where the Tommy radio is and what generator is tied to it would at least allow Jason more preventive measures to defend himself. If he starts to kill counselors defending the radio. They'll either ragequit because they ain't killing him or they'll try other objectives. Just that simple.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Truth said:

Honestly I don't think it's as bad as you say it is @FunMonster. Sure, I see him die. I was actually killed for the first time after this most recent patch. But it's not happening every other match like it was before the patch. Counselors got used to playing that way and the ones that did well (without needing 3 pocketknives) are still able to kill him. I checked last night and less than 5% of all xbox players have gotten the achievement for killing Jason. That doesn't sound like a problem to me. Especially since everyone in the lobby gets it whether or not they actually did anything.

On PS4 you only get the achievement when your actually Tommy Jarvis and perform the kill. It does take skill and coordination in order to kill a Jason. Me and my team go around killing Jason's all night long cause well were all level 150 and there isn't much left to do on the game once you've escaped hundreds of times. All I can say is to those that are complaining about dying as Jason constantly, get better at the game because that's what I did. In the words of Ohmwrecker "Learn to play the game".

Just now, JuggaloIRCNet said:

On PS4 you only get the achievement when your actually Tommy Jarvis and perform the kill. It does take skill and coordination in order to kill a Jason. Me and my team go around killing Jason's all night long cause well were all level 150 and there isn't much left to do on the game once you've escaped hundreds of times. All I can say is to those that are complaining about dying as Jason constantly, get better at the game because that's what I did. In the words of Ohmwrecker "Learn to play the game".

Can you see how many people have gotten it on ps4? I wouldn't trust the numbers on steam with various hacks/cheats, but I think the average between xbox and ps4 would make a fairly accurate count.

I agree, the game gets a little redundant after so many matches. I'm still trying to get the badge for boat escapes and I'm only at 33/113... But I'm level 144. Now I'm either going for the boat, or the kill. No point in doing much else these days.

I think player skill is a factor to a degree. It doesn't matter how OP Jason is or isn't - if the player doesn't necessarily know what he's doing as Jason, he's going to have a difficult time. I've only ever killed Jason once, and that was before the balance patch and even *before* Jason was nerfed. Most of the time everyone just escapes via car/calls the cops and is done within 10 minutes. Since the balance patch I think I've escaped from Jason maybe once via the cops. As Jason the only people who seem to escape my grasp are the ones who sneak out on the boat because I absolutely suck at timing my morph into the water lol

8.2% on ps4, I was going to share my trophy and badge progress, I got 3 stars on all counselor badges and only need drowns and torpedos to have all 3 stars on Jason badges. I got 92% trophy progress.

2 minutes ago, JuggaloIRCNet said:

8.2% on ps4, I was going to share my trophy and badge progress, I got 3 stars on all counselor badges and only need drowns and torpedos to have all 3 stars on Jason badges. I got 92% trophy progress.

So less than 5% on xbox and 8.2% on ps4. That doesn't sound like much of an issue to me @FunMonster...

4 minutes ago, MakeJasonGreatAgain said:

I died for the first time as Jason a week ago, that sucked.

Me too! I was hosting too... Once I knew they had me I morphed away to try and get a couple more kills before they killed me. They really deserved it though.

Most of the people that gets killed as Jason don't use combat stance blocking. Anytime you block an attack, rage meter is being build quickly while keeping your mask on. 

For me I always approach counselors with my guard up when they have a weapon. I let them make the first movewhen I'm next to them and use throwing knives when they try to flee again.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Loading said:

Most of the people that gets killed as Jason don't use combat stance blocking. Anytime you block an attack, rage meter is being build quickly while keeping your mask on. 

For me I always approach counselors with my guard up when they have a weapon. I let them make the first movewhen I'm next to them and use throwing knives when they try to flee again.

Yeah I really don't utilize combat stance as Jason... I like to play more casually, that's really what got me killed. I wasn't expecting anyone in that lobby to even know HOW to kill Jason.

37 minutes ago, Loading said:

This times 1,000. We have to stop blaming mediocre Jasons on the balance lol.

2 hours ago, MysteriousMrX said:

Not saying this happens to me often as I know how to deal with it, but that still doesn't mean it's not a problem.

That said, you're not wrong either. Balance is needed, but so is skill.

This is my point. It's not about how skilled you are. Damage towards getting the mask off should not count whilst stunned, when there is nothing you can do about it. Whilst you are stunned you cannot use combat stance, block, attack, grab, or any other skill. You are forced to watch as they repeatedly hit you and get your mask off and that is utter rubbish. No matter how skilled you are you cannot block every stun and it only takes one for this to happen. It's lame and easy to fix. No damage when stunned, simple.

I have seen it done maybe 3-4 times since the last patch and I play pretty often.

More often then not though I see players attempting it and fail as Jason kills one of them on their way to the shack.

3 hours ago, Truth said:

You only get the trophy/ achievement once. It doesn't count all the times after that that you kill him

4 minutes ago, FunMonster said:

You only get the trophy/ achievement once. It doesn't count all the times after that that you kill him

Right but if only 5% of xbox players and 8.2% of ps4 players have gotten it, then not very many people have killed Jason once. So either you're encountering these few players very often, or you're exaggerating how often it happens to you.