FunMonster

Jason still being killed too often after balance patch

19 hours ago, Truth said:

Right but if only 5% of xbox players and 8.2% of ps4 players have gotten it, then not very many people have killed Jason once. So either you're encountering these few players very often, or you're exaggerating how often it happens to you.

If you had read my original post you would realize I've only been killed once and i've been playing since summer 2017. Its others I keep seeing getting killed. 3 in one afternoon. A group of players who all have the trophy can gang up, own a lobby, and kill a whole bunch of Jason's in one day. Its just too easy if your in a party.

19 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Just killed Jason.by accident again.....oops

Lol

4 minutes ago, FunMonster said:

If you had read my original post you would realize I've only been killed once and i've been playing since summer 2017. Its others I keep seeing getting killed. 3 in one afternoon. A group of players who all have the trophy can gang up, own a lobby, and kill a whole bunch of Jason's in one day. Its just too easy if your in a party.

I never said you were the one being killed, just that you encounter these players more. Yes, a good group of coordinated players can kill Jason. Those players make up 8.2% of all ps4 players, and under 5% of xbox players. Probably less when you consider a lot of them probably just farmed the kill. I don't see how that's an issue.

So if you're with a good group you'll be able to kill him. If not, you're best off trying to escape.

1 hour ago, FunMonster said:

This is my point. It's not about how skilled you are. Damage towards getting the mask off should not count whilst stunned, when there is nothing you can do about it. Whilst you are stunned you cannot use combat stance, block, attack, grab, or any other skill. You are forced to watch as they repeatedly hit you and get your mask off and that is utter rubbish. No matter how skilled you are you cannot block every stun and it only takes one for this to happen. It's lame and easy to fix. No damage when stunned, simple.

Yup, I agree. I also think Jason should have a "stun cool-down" of sorts where he can't be stunned again for a few seconds. Hitting Jason should be a last resort for a counselor and only used for making an escape, not standing there and wacking him over and over. If Jason is stunned, he should be immune to being stunned again for a brief period.

They can start by re-fixing what they'd corrected a couple patches back, and yet again remove the ability to damage Jason while he's stunned. That'll largely cure the issue; if people are damaging a non-stunned Jason, they're using some skill. 

Mics/coordination and teamwork are some of best things you can do vs Jason. Jason kill odds definitely go up on your favor when you play with a group.  Beats a random running up to you and repeatedly flicking their flashlight. Or the Tommy that won't give up his shotgun for the ax or machete even after the mask is off. Or the female character that doesn't respond when you run up to them with Tommy even after the mask is off. 

Shoot I once had a sweater person not use the sweater because I "only" had an ax to try and put him on his knees with as Tommy even though he can try for the stun himself before the kill. They were looking for a bat even though maskless part 6 Jason was all over them. Eventually I watched as he killed them after I gave up saving them from his grab at least three times. I then told Jason to put me out of my misery after dropping my pocket knife. 

If a jason dies its probably his fault. The only time ive died as jason is when a group of counselors literally circled and all had bats and everyone was chad, and somehow they had an unlimited supply of med sprays 

All I would change is make it so counsellors can't hit jason through doors that are barely broken (or not even broken). I've never been killed, but the other day my mask was knocked off by someone who hit me through a door with a machete and I hadn't even hit the door yet myself. If a door is barricaded and fully intact, there is no way a counsellor should be able to hit Jason through it. It is essentially an exploit. 

I don't think counsellors should be able to hit Jason through broken doors either, but certainly not intact doors. Maybe only if the door has a sizeable chunk out of it (is about to be broken by Jason).

I died as Jason for the first time tonight because I didn’t realize getting the mask off was no longer a requirement to kill Jason.

1 minute ago, Maxflier said:

I died as Jason for the first time tonight because I didn’t realize getting the mask off was no longer a requirement to kill Jason.

That sucks, I triggered the sweater earlier today before the de-masking animations had finished an missed a kill. I feel your pain, from the other side, but still it sucks.

The only time Jason got killed was when a buddy of mine became Jason.

He isn’t particularly a noob Jason but he fooled around and let people live because he wanted to do environmental kills only.

I have yet to be killed as Jason after the patch.

7 minutes ago, Imayslaylizdaw said:

Jason doesn't take damage while stunned you have to wait until he gets out of the stun to hit him. 

That's the theory, but unless it was fixed and I didn't notice, he does take damage while stunned. It's a bug/glitch/exploit.

So go get him guys! Machetes HOOOOO!!!!! 

16 minutes ago, Imayslaylizdaw said:

Jason doesn't take damage while stunned you have to wait until he gets out of the stun to hit him. 

Incorrect. This was fixed to work the way you describe (see below), but has recently become broken again.

On 8/31/2017 at 5:24 PM, Gertz said:

Update 9/1/2017: We were able to deploy the patch for both PC and PS4, XB1 currently has no ETA yet. More when I have it.

• Fixed an issue where Jason was taking damage while stunned...he shouldn't

14 minutes ago, Dr. Lecter said:

Incorrect. This was fixed to work the way you describe (see below), but has recently become broken again.

Tested it out. Took off part 3s mask in combat stance with two hits using Buggzy. I then had a friend stun Jason, I hit him again with buggzy with a machete and the mask would not come off. If he does take damage while stunned, he must take very very little. 

3 minutes ago, Imayslaylizdaw said:

Tested it out. Took off part 3s mask in combat stance with two hits using Buggzy. I then had a friend stun Jason, I hit him again with buggzy with a machete and the mask would not come off. If he does take damage while stunned, he must take very very little. 

Test it again. This time stun Jason and have Buggzy hit him with a machete. Do that 3 times and then have someone weak hit him with 1 machete shot while he's not stunned. Let's see if the mask comes off then. 

I can't keep up with this shit. Can someone start a pinned popular bug thread that gets updated? 

I'm still taking challenges from anyone who believes they won't be kill as Jason.  Hit me up!!! B)

Edit:: I should mention I play on PC

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GeneiJin said:

I'm still taking challenges from anyone who believes they won't be kill as Jason.  Hit me up!!! B)

you got it tough guy

Stay right there....I'm on my way

16 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

you got it tough guy

Stay right there....I'm on my way

Great, I may not be on tonight, but I'm usually on about this time.  Send me a PM!!!

Just now, GeneiJin said:

Great, I may not be on tonight, but I'm usually on about this time.  Send me a PM!!!

Find me. My Steam name is my forum name.

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, GeneiJin said:

Edit:: I should mention I play on PC

Add me: Woundcowboy

I’d like to see Jason’s hit points doubled to take off his mask, but I also want anyone to be able to kill him with a machete or axe so long as he’s stunned and knocked on his knees. He’s been killed by other characters more times than Tommy so I still don’t understand the requirement for Tommy to have to be able to kill him. I also think the mask should have to be in the inventory of the person to trigger the ability to execute the kill. Those are some ideas

even with the patch it's still easy to kill him one game I was in they got his mask off really quick and there was 6 of us left.

Quite obvious with all the comments here that damage whilst stunned is a glitch exploit that has been caused by the small hotfix patch that was released shortly after the balance patch (on ps4 anyway). This is probably why some people are encountering the problem and others are not. Glitches don't always happen, it might not be happening on Xbox or PC. People who recognize it are exploiting it in parties. Whatever causes it it's a serious issue and needs to be fixed.