Echo Fire

Pitchfork As An Available Seperate Weapon

This is not a complaint about Savini Jason or how it should be released and what not, instead I just want some type of pitchfork [like a farm pitchfork] that can be used. I don't have the Savini Skin, and I am well aware I won't be getting it. I just want the weapon or some variation of it so I, and plenty of others, can at least enjoy the kills. If it is to be added, it could be available at an extremely high level, since the pitchfork is a variation of Savini Jason's Hell Trident. I apologize if this sounds like a selfish thought,  i'm just trying to find a solution to prevent people from complaining about the skin if it sticks truthfully about how it won't be available EVER.

• Like 1

The pitchfork is the worst weapon in the game. It gets stuck everywhere. Moreso then the spear.

If its available and you tried out the kills, you'll never want to bother with it again. In fact I think the kills are pretty weak for it.

Regardless if it sucks the opportunity to use it would be cool, a want the pitchfork more than Savini to be honest. Savini is a cool skin but I'd rather have the fork as an option for the other Jason's. Same goes for the ax and machete. 

First they would have to give us the ability to swap weapons. Then maybe they could consider this. Baby steps.

If swappable weapons are ever a thing, pitchforks will never happen because people would say the new kills are too much like Savini Jason, then you'd have kickstarters whining about how only they should be able to have it. 

34 minutes ago, deathbat96777 said:

If swappable weapons are ever a thing, pitchforks will never happen because people would say the new kills are too much like Savini Jason, then you'd have kickstarters whining about how only they should be able to have it. 

Probably, but they were promised an exclusive skin, not weapon.

10 minutes ago, Truth said:

Probably, but they were promise an exclusive skin, not weapon.

My point exactly.

1 minute ago, Slasher_Clone said:

My point exactly.

The "hell trident" would look weird with the other Jasons though. I'd rather have a regular pitchfork like what @Echo Fire said. I'd definitely throw that on part 2 Jason, it just fits.

On 2/13/2018 at 7:11 PM, Truth said:

Probably, but they were promised an exclusive skin, not weapon.

That is true; it was labeled a skin, but now it has much more than JUST a skin. That is why it should only be a skin, and the weapon should be available as an ordinary pitchfork. Similar to how it was in the beta or alpha I believe.

On 2/13/2018 at 6:49 PM, deathbat96777 said:

That is the thing though, many of the people who have the "skin" got from the malfunction regarding it being free for a limited time.

If they are going to bring back weapon swapping they'll have to consider balancing them. At the moment the machete is the best weapon since it has the fastest swing animation. Pair that up with a Jason that has a destruction perk and they'll never want to consider any of the alternatives.

Keep in mind that weapon swaps means an end for each Jason having their own exclusive kills.

They should give Jason a prison shank. You know, a tooth brush with a sharpened handle or some shit. Why do we need so much damn drama in these kills? 

If someone is fixing the car, all Jason needs to do is nonchalantly walk up behind them and then the only real movement you see is the counselor dropping. Everybody else goes about their business like nothing happened.  

4 hours ago, Loading said:

If they are going to bring back weapon swapping they'll have to consider balancing them. At the moment the machete is the best weapon since it has the fastest swing animation. Pair that up with a Jason that has a destruction perk and they'll never want to consider any of the alternatives.

Keep in mind that weapon swaps means an end for each Jason having their own exclusive kills.

They could tweak the swing animations. The Pig Splitter and Shears have the same swing animations as the machete. I think the FireAxe does too, so there's 4 weapons with the same or similar attack speeds. They could give them extra properties, like maybe "heavier" weapons like wood axe, double axe, pickaxe, increase the stumble chance of the counselor after a successful hit or something.

It would not mean an end to each Jason having their own kills. They could cordon off some kills to be exclusive to specific Jasons while the weapons could still be used by everyone. There are many kills that can work with multiple weapon models. The Pig Splitter crotch drag can work with the machete for example, among others. They could also simply re-brand the exclusive kills and kill packs to be weapon kill packs, like "Machete/Pig Splitter Kill Pack" instead of "Part 7/4 Kill Pack." I would lose no sleep over them adding weapon swaps if they just tweaked them slightly to properly fit with each Jason.

9 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

They could tweak the swing animations. The Pig Splitter and Shears have the same swing animations as the machete. I think the FireAxe does too, so there's 4 weapons with the same or similar attack speeds. They could give them extra properties, like maybe "heavier" weapons like wood axe, double axe, pickaxe, increase the stumble chance of the counselor after a successful hit or something.

It would not mean an end to each Jason having their own kills. They could cordon off some kills to be exclusive to specific Jasons while the weapons could still be used by everyone. There are many kills that can work with multiple weapon models. The Pig Splitter crotch drag can work with the machete for example, among others. They could also simply re-brand the exclusive kills and kill packs to be weapon kill packs, like "Machete/Pig Splitter Kill Pack" instead of "Part 7/4 Kill Pack." I would lose no sleep over them adding weapon swaps if they just tweaked them slightly to properly fit with each Jason.

Part 8 breaks doors down with 2 hands though assuming we aren't using combat stance. Same with part 4 pig splitter. The shears have the same exact properties as the machete so your right about that.

I do not see weapon swapping ever coming back. They have their hands full with more important things. If it's not an easy task, they will not change something that's already been done. That's my view about this company.

6 minutes ago, Loading said:

Part 8 breaks doors down with 2 hands though assuming we aren't using combat stance. Same with part 4 pig splitter. The shears have the same exact properties as the machete so your right about that.

I do not see weapon swapping ever coming back. They have their hands full with more important things. If it's not an easy task, they will not change something that's already been done. That's my view about this company.

Ok, well the FireAxe has the same combat attack animations as the machete but the destruction animations of the other axes, so it's like a "light-axe" in a way. I have a few ideas about how weapon swapping can work, there are lots of possibilities in my mind. I'm sure it won't come back at least for a while. Maybe they could do it after they update the engine. Maybe it could be another 6 months later, who knows. They're making new maps and a new Jason but after that, the next logical content update after all else is done would be to return weapon swapping. Just when we think we have all the content possible, they could re-introduce that to recapture interest. It would be a great long-term move because games that offer deep customization often last longer than some less complicated "arcade-y" games.

It appears that our ideas may have played a part into the new trailer that came out not too long ago for Friday The 13th. Weapon swapping is going to be available soon! The only question is in regards to the pitchfork still, and if it will be available for everyone or not.

Check out the trailer in the link: 

On 15/02/2018 at 10:59 PM, Echo Fire said:

It appears that our ideas may have played a part into the new trailer that came out not too long ago for Friday The 13th. Weapon swapping is going to be available soon! The only question is in regards to the pitchfork still, and if it will be available for everyone or not.

Check out the trailer in the link: 

Looks like it’s not coming out for everybody!

I have Savini and I think that not having the regular pitchfork and wooden handled spear is crazy talk. Everyone should have that option, just not the hellish trident on the other Jasons... I also agree that would be goofy looking.

On 2/13/2018 at 12:38 PM, Truth said:

First they would have to give us the ability to swap weapons. Then maybe they could consider this. Baby steps.

Baby took it's first steps! 

@Echo Fire I'm pretty sure that you will only be able to use it if you own savini, and that's assuming they'll even let you swap that. We'll see when it drops, but until then it's all just speculation.

Edit: confirmed the trident can't be used on other Jason's.

3 hours ago, Truth said:

Baby took it's first steps! 

@Echo Fire I'm pretty sure that you will only be able to use it if you own savini, and that's assuming they'll even let you swap that. We'll see when it drops, but until then it's all just speculation.

Edit: confirmed the trident can't be used on other Jason's.

Where was it confirmed?

3 minutes ago, Truth said:

Thanks man, been popping in and out of the thread and missed it. I only want a regular pitchfork not the Savini exclusive, but a regular one could be released in a DLC, so I haven't given up hope.

5 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Thanks man, been popping in and out of the thread and missed it. I only want a regular pitchfork not the Savini exclusive, but a regular one could be released in a DLC, so I haven't given up hope.

Just because they're saying it now, doesn't mean they won't change it in the future.

I hate when they add important information like that in a reply, I always end up missing it. I'm sure there's plenty more they've said there that I missed.

On 13/02/2018 at 6:38 PM, Truth said:

And now that they have introduced weapon swap, bring on the pitchfork! I don't care if its clunky. I want to stab lame ass bots with a pitchfork, and many other implements. Even get daft and add in stuff like a medieval mace, flaming baseball bat, power drill. I don't care about canon or realism. Just let me hack, stab, slash and bash with a whole host of crazy shit.