What are some perks you think are completely irrelevant, even for a epic.

Spatial Awareness is one for me tbh, who will really use that as a perk slot?

Also, the walkie talky perk, that may be the most irrelevant one for me.

• Like 1

Anything related to swimming.

The one that lets you bar doors faster.

The one that gives you a stamina regeneration boost when you're near a radio.

The one that lets you climb through windows faster.

• Like 1

Potent Ranger is useless for me since I rarely get to play as Tommy

I won't use any of the car or boat perks because that presumes that that is how I'm going to escape and that can never be preplanned.

Swim perks are also useless.

Some don't seem overly useful. But not sure how many are actually dumb. Depending on your play style you might be able to make just about any of them beneficial. Whichever one helps you break free from Jason seems useless until it actually works very efficiently (and I doubt it does).

Tinker, Anything swim related, and by personal opinion, escape artist (I mash & mash but it's still not garenteed)

There are a few perks that seem useless like the walkie talkie one (Psychic?) but most of the perks have extremely situational benefits that I assume were added to simply flesh out the amount of perks in the game.

If they got rid of the bad or extremely situational ones there would only be like 6-7 perks to choose from.

I try to think of the bad perks as low level gear in an MMO, you have to put in the time and the currency in order to get the more rare and powerful gear to improve your character.

It took me over 500 hours to finally roll an epic marathon and I was ecstatic when I saw it pop up. I look upon that sexy perk like I used to look at my Warglaives in WoW, those took me like 9 years farming off and on to get both on one character..

Speaking of Psychic, what does the extra voice broadcast range even do? The walkies seem to have unlimited range without the perk so does the extra voice broadcast range only apply to players that don't have a walkie so you can hear them from further away? Or does it allow players that don't have a walkie hear YOU from further away? I've wondered this since day one and never thought to ask..  

The one that gives you a boost when you are around a radio. A stamina boost maybe? As if I'm going to hang around a playing radio.

The one that makes the boat faster but decreases the acceleration of the car.

Also the swimming ones.

Easy listening

Teamwork

Potent ranger

Heavy mover

Aquanaut

The sleeping bag perk

Flare gun perk

Firecracker perk

Just to name a few.  I haven't tried the car speed increase ones so I can't speak on those. 

Best are marathon, restful, nerves of steel, sucker punch, swift attacker, slugger, etc.  

1 hour ago, Zenigundam said:

99% of them

This. 

There are like 4-5 perks that are actually worth a damn.

12 hours ago, gtdjlocker311 said:

The one that lets you climb through windows faster.

I've always wondered about this one.  If you jump through a window, does it make you get up off the ground faster?  If that's the case, that would make it infinitely better.

Easy Listening

Tinker

Previously Man-At-Arms, but the weapon nerf made it viable.

Aquanaut makes you able to get Pamela's sweater on Higgins more reliably if it spawns on the island.

Psychic is good for early communication when used in groups if you are playing in Private lobbies where party chat is not allowed.

Quiet Swimmer when paired with other sense avoidance perks can let you cheese Jason and time him out if no one rats out your location.

Escape Artist is only useful on Tommy.

The other bad perks like the Flare Gun and Firecracker perk at least have some use. Tinker makes you more likely to mess up skill checks and Easy Listening is not only the most situational perk, but it gets shut down by Jason breaking the radio. Also, Easy Listening doesn't work on either of the Crystal Lake maps since there are no radios.

The one that makes you close doors faster

Aquanaut and any of the swimming related ones.

The one that makes you climb windows faster.

Easy listening 

And I rarely use My Dad’s a Cop successfully.

If we’re being honest though, many of these perks are useless if they’re anything lower than “Rare”.

1 hour ago, Vaderspupil said:

I've always wondered about this one.  If you jump through a window, does it make you get up off the ground faster?  If that's the case, that would make it infinitely better.

Unfortunately, It doesn't. I tried an epic one for that reason, only effects speed going through. Doesn't even help opening speed, lame... Easy listening, and the sleeping bag perk suck! Among many others, but I'm outta time to type.

13 hours ago, AdmiralJT said:

Potent Ranger is useless for me since I rarely get to play as Tommy

They should make potent ranger increase your chances of being Tommy. It's totally pointless as it is.

Worst perk in my opinion is grinder. Epic is only 5% and you'd likely be able to get more xp utilizing a better perk instead.

6 minutes ago, Redrum138 said:

Unfortunately, It doesn't. I tried an epic one for that reason, only effects speed going through. Doesn't even help opening speed, lame... Easy listening, and the sleeping bag perk suck! Among many others, but I'm outta time to type.

Thanks.  At least now I know I can sell my epic sneaky perk and not regret it.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Psychosocial23 said:

There are a few perks that seem useless like the walkie talkie one (Psychic?) but most of the perks have extremely situational benefits that I assume were added to simply flesh out the amount of perks in the game.

If they got rid of the bad or extremely situational ones there would only be like 6-7 perks to choose from.

I try to think of the bad perks as low level gear in an MMO, you have to put in the time and the currency in order to get the more rare and powerful gear to improve your character.

It took me over 500 hours to finally roll an epic marathon and I was ecstatic when I saw it pop up. I look upon that sexy perk like I used to look at my Warglaives in WoW, those took me like 9 years farming off and on to get both on one character..

Speaking of Psychic, what does the extra voice broadcast range even do? The walkies seem to have unlimited range without the perk so does the extra voice broadcast range only apply to players that don't have a walkie so you can hear them from further away? Or does it allow players that don't have a walkie hear YOU from further away? I've wondered this since day one and never thought to ask..  

The walkie is actually very helpful for a group that is coordinated and uses microphones.  You can immediately give info to your fellow counselors.  I wish the game could somehow disable private groups so that mic use would be helpful in quick play, but I don't know if that is possible on PS4.

2 hours ago, gtdjlocker311 said:

The walkie is actually very helpful for a group that is coordinated and uses microphones.  You can immediately give info to your fellow counselors.  I wish the game could somehow disable private groups so that mic use would be helpful in quick play, but I don't know if that is possible on PS4.

Well, yeah of course it is. The point everyone is making when they say the perk sucks is that there seems to always be more walkies than there are counselors so it's pointless to waste a perk slot on it.

Just to clarify, everyone is saying that the perk allowing you to start with a walkie sucks, not that the walkies themselves suck.

for me it would be easier to compile a list of perks i actually FIND useful.

medic

hypohondriac

the stamina boost one

the faster stamina regen one

the faster repair when im playing a running counselor

and my dads a cop if im feeling very confident about repairing the phone box

i dont really fight jason and have no reason to when i can just easily run and juke him so im indifferent to all the weapon perks too

1 hour ago, Psychosocial23 said:

Well, yeah of course it is. The point everyone is making when they say the perk sucks is that there seems to always be more walkies than there are counselors so it's pointless to waste a perk slot on it.

Just to clarify, everyone is saying that the perk allowing you to start with a walkie sucks, not that the walkies themselves suck.

Perhaps I didn't explain it well enough.  Yes, there are plenty of walkies.  Yes, there are plenty of maps for that matter.  But if a coordinated group each starts with a walkie and a map, they are much more powerful.  How many times has someone died early on, knowing the location of the phone house or some other pertinent information, and couldn't pass it on?  

The Psychic and Preparedness perks are great for early-game coordinating.  For every time I start with these and immediately find a walkie/map, I've had matches where I couldn't find either and died without giving/receiving any communication.

Hard to judge. Many perks rely on certain situations happening and it just isn't a guarantee they'll come in handy.

• Like 1