Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Okay, I did a search and didn't find this topic yet, but if it exists and I missed it, Mods -- please merge.

Pinehurst is a good addition. Roy's a good addition. Roy's a good killer.

Roy is NOT a good "Jason."

I know, several people are "justifying" Roy spawning in the shack and hearing Pamela's voice because "he's crazy and thinks he's Jason."

But really? Does he know the Voorhees family THAT WELL that he knows everything about their past, where Jason lived, the sweater story, etc.? 

Probably not. So I have a feeling the devs are going to be working on giving Roy his proper backstory in a future update. (It may be a LONG time due to priorities, but I still think it's coming.)

Here are some things I think we might see:

  • Roy spawns at an ambulance on a distant road
  • Roy hears Joey's voice in his head ("Daddy, don't let them hurt me anymore!" "Stop them, Daddy!" "They hurt me, Daddy -- now you hurt them!"
  • I wager Dominick Brascia would likely offer to return to perform the ghostly voice of Joey from beyond the grave
  • If you as a counselor can find the ambulance, you can also find the one thing Joey had on him when he died: his chocolate bar. (Roy's version of the sweater)
  • You can pick up the chocolate bar and use it with Roy to confuse him into thinking you're Joey (but the reverse of Jason: only MALE characters can do this) 

To this, please add, delete, comment, question, approve, condemn, applaud, laugh, or swear away.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, T.W said:

Image result for friday the 13th pt. 5 candy bar

@Cokeyskunk I think that means @T.W likes it.

I'm not opposed, those ideas make a lot more sense than what we have now. I've always agreed with @NoOneK9503 on Roy. They added him in a VERY lazy way. If they had looked through the old threads on how Roy could work in the game (well before we actually got him) they would've been able to do a lot with him. They basically went with the easiest way to give him to us and all that did was lessen my expectations of them. I have very little hope at this point for most of the really good suggestions to be added, especially in the current game mode.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Truth said:

@Cokeyskunk I think that means @T.W likes it.

I'm not opposed, those ideas make a lot more sense than what we have now. I've always agreed with @NoOneK9503 on Roy. They added him in a VERY lazy way. If they had looked through the old threads on how Roy could work in the game (well before we actually got him) they would've been able to do a lot with him. They basically went with the easiest way to give him to us and all that did was lessen my expectations of them. I have very little hope at this point for most of the really good suggestions to be added, especially in the current game mode.

Glad to hear it.

And WHY DOES THE HIGHLIGHT FUNCTION KEEP TURNING ON WHEN I USE BULLETS??!! And how do I turn it off?!

EDIT: I fixed it. It apparently happens when you paste in some types of text. :blink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Truth said:

@Cokeyskunk I think that means @T.W likes it.

Yeah it sounds cool

24 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:

If you as a counselor can find the ambulance, you can also find the one thing Joey had on him when he died: his chocolate bar. (Roy's version of the sweater)

I would say the blue jacket with the candy bar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Or Roy's wallet and the blue sweat shirt. The Ambulance should be his spawn, but it shouldn't be useable, it's just a location not a functioning car. Although if counselors go near it the body of Roy's partner should fall out and give them a jumpscare, increase fear accordingly. Joey should be in the back and as your outside already collecting the sweat shirt should require you to hold action (X) to put it on, takes less time then baracading a door. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, T.W said:

Yeah it sounds cool

I would say the blue jacket with the candy bar

Wouldn't two things be a bit much?

. . . or perhaps they put the chocolate bar in a top pocket?

What is that, anyway? A Mr. Goodbar?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cokeyskunk said:

Wouldn't two things be a bit much?

. . . or perhaps they put the chocolate bar in a top pocket?

yeah I was think like the jacket does the stun like Pamela's sweater and toss the candy bar on the ground to bring Roy to his knees  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

I like the idea of a male-only option to kill Roy. It would give more reason to play a male because you'd never know if you'd need to fight Roy, unless the lobby doesn't have him selected.

I figured it was just a matter of time before the gender necessity balanced out in the game. This would be the perfect opportunity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think we don't need the ambulance; the Shack just can be modified to make it look different. For example:

- A newspaper instead of Alice's body.

- The chocolate bar instead of Pamela's head.

- Joey's jacket instead of Pamela's sweater.

- And a Shotgun instead of an Axe.

And yeah, they can remove Pamela's voice for Roy and leave it like that or, in the other way, make Joey's voice sound in his head. To kill him, you just need a male counselor to put the jacket on and talk like Joey.

I'm not a expert on making games (Just RPG Maker and stuff, hahaha), but i guess that's not difficult to do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Cokeyskunk, I have for a long time before his release said he should spawn at an ambulance.

I like your chocolate bar idea, but I suggested using the sheet to cover Joey's body as the "sweater effect". Reasons being 1) that would be found in the ambulance 2) that was the point Roy finally snapped. 

Never really considered the Male using the sheet or wrapper(whichever) but I do enjoy it. 

@Santi_Lee I like your newspaper clipping idea a lot. 

I like these ideas, but I think it was simply too much to code and design in the game, and the devs wanted to keep it within current mechanics. That's why adding Roy is complicated to fans of the series. Cool suggestions and interesting takes guys.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, TheHansonGoons said:

but I suggested using the sheet to cover Joey's body as the "sweater effect".

That would actually make a lot more sense. @Cokeyskunk The chocolate bar is good, but the sheet really fits better.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Truth said:

That would actually make a lot more sense. @Cokeyskunk The chocolate bar is good, but the sheet really fits better.

I'm looking at both sides of the coin, here:

(And being a dad of two boys -- and two girls -- I have to look at it from a parental perspective)

  • Heads - The bloody sheet is the very epitome of the very last time Roy saw his boy. When he arrived, he didn't know what to expect. And if you re-watch the film, the moment he sees that it's Joey under that sheet, you can tell from the look on his face that he never once even suspected it might be his son under that sheet until he saw him. So it was that sheet that revealed the entire inciting incident of the whole film. So yes, the sheet is definitely a viable device for throwing Roy into a momentary mental crisis.
  • Tails - I again lean toward the blue cardigan/chocolate bar combo. What would confuse a grieving, maniacally depressed father more: seeing someone standing in front of him with a bloody sheet over their head looking like a yucky ghost, or seeing someone who actually kind of LOOKS like his dead boy -- wearing his sweatshirt and eating his chocolate bar? I kind of feel like the emotions would be greater thinking momentarily that -- just maybe -- his boy was still alive.  Rather than just seeing what could be his dead body again.

I don't know. Maybe I'm missing more to the intended "bloody sheet" plot element, but I still somewhat prefer the cardigan/chocolate bar idea. 

All that being said, I'd be happy with either.

. . . and I still want the ambulance. Not in love with the "convert Jason's shack to Roy's shack" idea. Roy's base of operations was that ambulance. So should it be in the game. Seems sad to get every detail in the game right, but this one wrong.

(A side note: WHY didn't Roy ever go after Vic -- the guy who ACTUALLY killed his son??)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cokeyskunk said:

I don't know. Maybe I'm missing more to the intended "bloody sheet" plot element, but I still somewhat prefer the cardigan/chocolate bar idea. 

Maybe instead of walking up like a ghost (that does sound dumb when you put it that way) when the sheet is "used" the person lays down and throws the sheet over them? It would be cool if you couldn't tell who has it until it's used. He would have to use it while behind Roy and someone else would have to stun him. I guess it could take 3 people since Roy can't see who has the sheet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Truth said:

Maybe instead of walking up like a ghost (that does sound dumb when you put it that way) when the sheet is "used" the person lays down and throws the sheet over them? It would be cool if you couldn't tell who has it until it's used. He would have to use it while behind Roy and someone else would have to stun him. I guess it could take 3 people since Roy can't see who has the sheet.

I see where you're going, but it's getting kind of complicated. Couldn't we achieve the same with less by going with the cardigan/chocolate? 

. . . please?

:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:

I'm looking at both sides of the coin, here:

(And being a dad of two boys -- and two girls -- I have to look at it from a parental perspective)

  • Heads - The bloody sheet is the very epitome of the very last time Roy saw his boy. When he arrived, he didn't know what to expect. And if you re-watch the film, the moment he sees that it's Joey under that sheet, you can tell from the look on his face that he never once even suspected it might be his son under that sheet until he saw him. So it was that sheet that revealed the entire inciting incident of the whole film. So yes, the sheet is definitely a viable device for throwing Roy into a momentary mental crisis.
  • Tails - I again lean toward the blue cardigan/chocolate bar combo. What would confuse a grieving, maniacally depressed father more: seeing someone standing in front of him with a bloody sheet over their head looking like a yucky ghost, or seeing someone who actually kind of LOOKS like his dead boy -- wearing his sweatshirt and eating his chocolate bar? I kind of feel like the emotions would be greater thinking momentarily that -- just maybe -- his boy was still alive.  Rather than just seeing what could be his dead body again.

I don't know. Maybe I'm missing more to the intended "bloody sheet" plot element, but I still somewhat prefer the cardigan/chocolate bar idea. 

All that being said, I'd be happy with either.

. . . and I still want the ambulance. Not in love with the "convert Jason's shack to Roy's shack" idea. Roy's base of operations was that ambulance. So should it be in the game. Seems sad to get every detail in the game right, but this one wrong.

(A side note: WHY didn't Roy ever go after Vic -- the guy who ACTUALLY killed his son??)

I'd be happy with either but would prefer the blue sweatshirt/chocolate bar.

Also the ambulance would be great but I do have to wonder how Roy would be alerted since you're not going inside of a building as you would with Jason's shack. Maybe in order to get Joey's things you have to open the back door to the ambulance and he's alerted from that?

Your side note: good question! My best guess is since Vic was in police custody Roy could never get to him. Up until the end of the film Roy relied heavily on stealth to kill his victims where Jason would go after his in any way he saw fit. Once Reggie, Pam, and Tommy tried to fight Roy off you saw that he could be hurt so say Roy goes to go to the police station to try and go after Vic, police shoot him dead, roll credits. There would have been no practical way for him to get Vic even if the movie did as much as it could to make you believe Roy is really Jason.

(My side note: I'll be back on the game soon hopefully, I picked up a 2nd job and in the process of moving.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:

I see where you're going, but it's getting kind of complicated. Couldn't we achieve the same with less by going with the cardigan/chocolate? 

. . . please?

:lol:

Fine!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, hu_soldier13 said:

Also the ambulance would be great but I do have to wonder how Roy would be alerted since you're not going inside of a building as you would with Jason's shack. Maybe in order to get Joey's things you have to open the back door to the ambulance and he's alerted from that?

I like this idea! Especially if opening the double doors triggers a :05 (or so) animation -- which would be about as time-consuming as getting from the front door of the shack to the "shrine" table.

3 minutes ago, hu_soldier13 said:

Reggie

DON'T INVOKE THAT NAME!! You will summon . . . you know who! (Right, @Truth and @Rexfellis?)  :lol:

5 minutes ago, hu_soldier13 said:

My own side note: I'll be back on the game soon hopefully, I picked up a 2nd job and in the process of moving.

Dude! You got that job! Congrats! Good on ya, brother.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

These suggestions are good but instead of hearing Joey. Roy just talks to himself, he just says things like “got another one Joey” or “This is all for you.”  

If they go with the ambulence idea it could just be Roy saying something like “I’m sorry I was there Joey, I’m here now and they will pay!”  While looking at the Joeys body.

Somethign a bit different from the supernatural that is used Jason would be better to help distinguish him from Jason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, shodan said:

These suggestions are good but instead of hearing Joey. Roy just talks to himself, he just says things like “got another one Joey” or “This is all for you.”  

If they go with the ambulence idea it could just be Roy saying something like “I’m sorry I was there Joey, I’m here now and they will pay!”  While looking at the Joeys body.

Eh. No offense, friend. I don't love it. 

The only reason is, we have to go back to the original point:

"Roy is crazy and he thinks he's Jason."

When Roy puts on that mask, he thinks he becomes Jason Voorhees. When he takes it off, he's Roy again.

But yet, in reality, he's always Roy. Hence the reason for hearing Joey's echoed voice haunting him to continue his motivation for BEING Jason.

In your idea, he knows he's Roy the whole time and is just pretending to be Jason. I'd really like to see cohesion in hearing the echoed voice of a deceased loved one for driving the murder spree forward. 

6 minutes ago, shodan said:

Somethign a bit different from the supernatural that is used Jason would be better to help distinguish him from Jason.

This, I TOTALLY agree with. I wish we could figure out some kind of justification for Roy to take shotgun blasts and flares to the eyeball without any damage. Either that, or make Roy-specific weapons.

Jason is a freak of nature. 

Roy is a guy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:

Eh. No offense, friend. I don't love it. 

The only reason is, we have to go back to the original point:

"Roy is crazy and he thinks he's Jason."

When Roy puts on that mask, he thinks he becomes Jason Voorhees. When he takes it off, he's Roy again.

But yet, in reality, he's always Roy. Hence the reason for hearing Joey's echoed voice haunting him to continue his motivation for BEING Jason.

In your idea, he knows he's Roy the whole time and is just pretending to be Jason. I'd really like to see cohesion in hearing the echoed voice of a deceased loved one for driving the murder spree forward. 

This, I TOTALLY agree with. I wish we could figure out some kind of justification for Roy to take shotgun blasts and flares to the eyeball without any damage. Either that, or make Roy-specific weapons.

Jason is a freak of nature. 

Roy is a guy.

I get what your saying but in rewatching the movie recently I don’t think Roy thought he was Jason.    I think he was using the Jason legend to divert suspicion. 

This was the basic plot:

1. Joey dies/Ray starts to go crazy and wants revenge. Tommy’s infamous presence get him remembering the old Crystal Lake camp blood legend.

However he doesn’t just return to PineHurst and kill everyone.  The actions some premeditation which doesn’t follow Jason m/o.

This movie has the longest time span, the duration of the movie covers 3 days. Typically Jason kills everyone the same night he discovers them or waits until the next night when he has more time.

2. Day 1 night- he kills the two who’s car broke down.  After the bodies are discovered he’s still chatty with the Sherriif and he hauls the bodies away.

3. Day 2 night- he kills the waitress and and the bald guy that drove Tommy to PineHurst. When the bodies are found Roy is still chatty with the sheriff.

To me he’s using these two days to get a feel for killing and he’s practiceing for his big assault on PineHurst. He’s not just acting in a blind rage, he taking his time to make sure he can successfully acomplish his goal while avoiding suspicion.

4. Day3 day and night is the big spree, all of the patients and staff are killed. Ethel and her son are killed. Reggie’s brother is killed. 

After the massacre, the police say they found the news papers talking about Pam’s spree and then the ones about Jason that occurred later. 

I think that Pams’s spree was what influenced him (it’s the same motive she had, he blamed everyone at the institution for not stopping Vic, and they all witnessed the crime).  But he used Jason as a cover because it was a dead and the Jason murders an urban legend that was never really solved.

(Ray is still is crazy and thought the best approach was a killing spree inspired by a Scooby Doo episode with an urban legend twist.)

I always thought It would have been better if Roy approached the final 3 as himself rather than the Jason disguise, and tried to trick them before just attacking them.

But, from what I read about all the stuff that was going on with the production were lucky we got what we did. 

Anyways all the suggestions are good, this is just my fan boy opionion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This, I TOTALLY agree with. I wish we could figure out some kind of justification for Roy to take shotgun blasts and flares to the eyeball without any damage. Either that, or make Roy-specific weapons. @Cokeyskunk

The quote above was edited to show the source.

Crystal Lake is the answer to both those questions, the location is what allows for the supernatural explanations in the game/movies. If that doesn't satisfy you then think about this, early Jason's are equally resilient as Roy, or the later 'zombie' Jason's. There is a certain suspension of disbelief in the game already for them, include Roy. I think more detail is the hallmark of this game, so updating Roy with these suggestions makes sense. I'm on board with this idea, but maybe the game can give us a bunch of different possibilities as to why. 

The ghost of Pamela motivates people near the place of her death. Pamela is the main character and wether a delusion or a ghost has a notable presence in the game and movies. Who says she didn't motivate Vic and Roy in part five, being a supernatural being herself. Just as easily she could motivate Jason, but who says Jason is even Jason. 

Jason is a legend near the town after part one, in part two the connection between the killer and Jason is formed, it could be wrong. Jason magically ages after being drowned for years, is tossed around. Him watching his mother die at the end of part one, having lived in the woods this whole time is suggested. Pamela's death being the last sacrifice of a ritual that resurrects Jason, to fit part nine. Or as is suggested in middle movies, the person identified as Jason, was just crazy and acting out the legend. A copycat like Roy but copying a legend that came after Pamela's massacre. In part three Jason's name isn't even mentioned which is incredibly odd. I'd have to rewatch the whole series again but there isn't anything that makes Jason have to be Jason, that isn't from a source who could be lying or ignorant. Everyone collects newspaper clipping in this series Rob, Roy, Tommy etc. The legend has become filtered through bias and third hand accounts. The real motivation for Jason could be any number of things, including Jason is dead and his body is possessed by Pamela. Sweet little innocent Jason went to 'heaven' when he died. Pamela's hate turnered her into something else entirely. A native curse on the Lake, I think it's from a novel, waiting for the right events to trigger it. Is Jason  guarding something without knowing why? Is the necronomicon involved?

Their are more questions than you can easily answer. Maybe the game doesn't have to answer these questions, it could choose to tell us one story about what happens in the game universe. The first massacre, involving the regular counselors, a sequel involving reopening the camp, with a later Jason and a new cast of counselors. The final scenario would be an epic conclusion to the three game story of Tommy vs. Jason. Because I'm sure Tommy would be the hero, he would be the protagonist along side which every female counselor was the final girl. The game developers being able to draw from so much of the source material could tell a really good alternate universe story about Jason. Multi player counselor challenges to finish each section of the story with a separate story for Jason and the counselors depending on who wins each match. 

Sorry to ramble so far off topic. I think of Crystal Lake is a place that allows these things to happen Roy might have a deeper connection than we know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×