BrokenFattHardy

How I spent my Double XP Weekend

On Xbox and also ran into a TON of quitters.  Lots of host quitting.  Lots of connection issues.  Lots of game crashing.  I've been sick all weekend, so I got to play more than I normally would have because I didn't really leave the house and got to call in sick one day for work.  Got from 75 to 81.  Mostly because I kept giving up in frustration and switching to something else.  I was just in the mood to play counselors and not grind with Jason and bots, so I definitely didn't get to make the most of it.  I do like the white top for Tiffany, though.  And since I play on random counselor, at least that's something that I can see for my efforts every once in a while.

I think they need to raise the xp for catching Jason in a trap. I've noticed far more traps being set this weekend  (which helps everybody) when a Jason snare is worth 100 rather than 50. 

4 minutes ago, Splatterhouse said:

I think they need to raise the xp for catching Jason in a trap. I've noticed far more traps being set this weekend  (which helps everybody) when a Jason snare is worth 100 rather than 50. 

Ever since completing the badge for trapping Jason, I haven't even been placing bear traps.  Just not worth the time and effort IMO.

14 minutes ago, Splatterhouse said:

a Jason snare is worth 100 rather than 50. 

Uh, no. Trapper as Jason is worth +50 still.

I didnt get to play at all because I spent my whole weekend with the flu, and still recovering.  Sickest ive ever been. 

5 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

Connection to host lost....timed out over and over so dug into offline bots hard when up 8 levels from 110 to 118.

Pretty much the same for me except went from level 87 to 93

Decided to play with friends and did about... 8 hours a day. Went from 94 to 125 and fortunately no host rage quitting (Host was one of my friends) and no unpleasantness at all by the one-two randoms who joined. Hell, the randoms had MICS, so game chat was used and much fun ensued.

I was sick all weekend so I basically set up shop on my couch and ended up playing a bunch friday night and sunday afternoon/evening.  Went from level 91 to 104.  Spent about 1/3 of that time doing QP and the other 2/3 playing offline bots.  Managed to level up so much by playing the offline bots on the Higgins Small map over and over.  It's the easiest map for me to decimate all the counselors in the quickest amount of time.  Overall though I only had 1 instance of the host quitting, another of myself timing out, racked up a ton of CP and rolled a few epic perks, but mostly I was just happy I didn't encounter any squeakers lol

Xbox. Played some great games which should have gave me a lot of xp, then the game ended because the host quit, connection was lost or game crashed 3 times. When I had a bad game I got my xp! Managed to grab 2 more tapes and bumped my level up a few times. Only played 1 double xp day due to family reasons. None the less I progressed!

Got in about ten games Saturday morning (Friday night for them) with @RKSDooM's group. Had fun, died in almost every game, got my first 8/8 as Roy, though.
Had very little time for the rest of the weekend so I had to keep getting in for half an hour here and there, so mostly stuck to Offline Bots.

Got up to level 116, and got slight improvements on three of my perks, so pretty pleased with that. Really want to hit 118 for the Disarm kill.

• Like 1

Bots. Packanack Small. Part 4 Jason. Morph to Packanack at the start. Matches last about 3 minutes and you will average 2.1k XP if you use environmental kills. Rinse and repeat. Boring but effective if you really care about level that much. Online = host rage quit unless you are on Steam.

I took the opportunity to raise my level on PC since I don't get to play it much. I must say it was a nice change playing on dedicated servers. Lots more spam-happy readiers on there than PS4 though, surprising to say. These kids did NOT want to wait 10 seconds for a new match to start, no sir. But, I raised my level from 10 to 37 so that was nice. Thanks, double XP!

You poor console players seriously need to get on PC. Either that or continue to suffer assholes quitting on you until at least April, if not longer.

I went up to a few levels this weekend, but unfortunately I didn't get in as much play time as I would have liked.