Chetork

PSA : To Vanessa and Buggzies

When you are playing Vanessa or Buzzy and are being chased by Jason please for the love of Christ stop leading them to other counselors especially fixers.

You have 8-9 stamina I have 3. Your speed is above 7, mine is 4.

Just played 2 games in a row where a Vanessa and Buzzy led Jason to my cabin before running off as Jason changed his priority to me (Deborah Kim) and tunneled me as they left me in the dust to die.

If you are playing Buggzy or Vanessa your entire purpose is to be the distraction so fixers can do their jobs and get the objectives ready for you. Use the stats you were given to do your job and I will use the stats I've been given to do mine.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

This should have been posted in general. @JPops

It is annoying, they accidentally use their stamina to get you killed, so they can get away. 

3 minutes ago, Armani👑 said:

This should have been posted in general.

It is annoying, they accidentally use their stamina to get you killed, so they can get away. 

Whoops my bad meant to put this in General lol

Well. Usually as a Vanessa I'm trying to run from Jason. I can't tell by looking at the map or minimap who is by me. I've found the bigger issue is that while Vanessa is kiting Jason that the repair characters aren't doing their job. Nothing like eating a bunch of time running from Jason just to look at the objective screen seeing Jack and shit getting done.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Armani👑 said:

This should have been posted in general. @JPops

Trust me, there's nothing "accidental" about it.

When I'm Lachappa and Jason is on me like white on rice, I'm like a homing missile for the nearest counselor.

• Haha 3

To be fair, this is a legit strategy for the Buggzys or Vanessas. They don't have to out run Jason, they just have to out run the slower characters. Its a risky move, if they get all the smart characters killed, they're kind of boned as they won't be able to repair anything without ringing the dinner bell for Jason. But if they're being chased, the best thing they can do is lead Jason towards a slower player. Self preservation is the name of the game. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, John Wick said:

Self preservation is the name of the game. 

Which is why I main Lachappa.  Best character to use the first ten minutes of a match: high stealth, high repair.  If you can get something fixed before Rage, you're out of there--especially if you fix the boat.

Buggzy and Vanessa run around with cement shoes that have pots and pans tied to them--you're ostensibly handicapping yourself from the get-go.  B & V are two of the worst characters when it comes to playing solo, while high-stealth characters are the best if escape is your goal.  A good Vanessa  or Buggzy can kite Jason for five minutes or longer, but eventually, they'll either be killed or left alone by characters who have escaped without them because Jason couldn't find the high stealth characters.

There's a reason why Deborah is among the last counselors almost every single match.

57 minutes ago, malloymk said:

Well. Usually as a Vanessa I'm trying to run from Jason. I can't tell by looking at the map or minimap who is by me. I've found the bigger issue is that while Vanessa is kiting Jason that the repair characters aren't doing their job. Nothing like eating a bunch of time running from Jason just to look at the objective screen seeing Jack and shit getting done.

Or you do play the distraction and lead Jason away just for the repair character to fix the car/boat solo and leave you behind. If I pop in a cabin with another counselor while being chased it's because it's the closest cabin. If the person already in there is that worried they can go in a hiding spot in hopes Jason continues to focus on me when I'll inevitably leave said cabin. 

Or maybe sometimes we're just looking for some help. You don't know how long we've been being chased and our current stamina could be running low from an extended chase. 

1 hour ago, malloymk said:

Repair characters can't repair without the items to actually do their job.

When I'm rolling with Lachappa, I try to focus on the area immediately surrounding the objective.  On, say, Packanack, and nobody is looking in the three cabins along the southern road, that's not my responsibility--they're far away from the objectives, and if I'm going over there with a repair character to look for parts/gas, I'm a sitting duck if Jason shows up.  It's going to take me exponentially longer to lug a gas can to a car on the north part of the map from there than it would a high stamina character like Tiffany.

I'll hover around an objective with a repair character, but again, if I don't have the items to do the job, there isn't really anything for me to do than look in the immediate area or wait to die.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Armani👑 said:

they accidentally use their stamina to get you killed, so they can get away. 

Accidentally? Nope, we're just hoping Jason will switch to the easier target :chadjunk:

11 minutes ago, The Tommy said:

If the person already in there is that worried they can go in a hiding spot in hopes Jason continues to focus on me when I'll inevitably leave said cabin.

This so much the amount of time I have ran into a cabin and see the guy just standing there and not trying to hide or run when I have Jason in tow is crazy.

I play as Deb's or Vanessa and as Deb's I will use hiding spots if I see someone running for me and I then hear the pursuit music. As Vanessa I will tell other to hide while I try and get Stamina but they will rarely listen.

What annoys me though If I am Deb's and I have the Battery, Gas or Propeller and I hide and a Buggz or Vanessa they will try and rat me out.

3 hours ago, Chetork said:

When you are playing Vanessa or Buzzy and are being chased by Jason please for the love of Christ stop leading them to other counselors especially fixers.

You have 8-9 stamina I have 3. Your speed is above 7, mine is 4.

Just played 2 games in a row where a Vanessa and Buzzy led Jason to my cabin before running off as Jason changed his priority to me (Deborah Kim) and tunneled me as they left me in the dust to die.

If you are playing Buggzy or Vanessa your entire purpose is to be the distraction so fixers can do their jobs and get the objectives ready for you. Use the stats you were given to do your job and I will use the stats I've been given to do mine.

Agreed.  Unless, of course, the repair player is a total douche bag.  But, yeah.  Vanessa especially is supposed to be a distraction.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

Agreed.  Unless, of course, the repair player is a total douche bag.  But, yeah.  Vanessa especially is supposed to be a distraction.  

You always play a good Vanessa, Adam.  Other people should take notes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

But, yeah.  Vanessa especially is supposed to be a distraction.  

or... (::cough:: ::cough::) ... grab the sweater.....  which I guess is kinda of a distraction :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, malloymk said:

I can't tell by looking at the map or minimap who is by me.

This is among the reasons I advocate NoS on low composed counselors.  Easier to track Jason's movements as well as positioning on other counselors.  Great for both grouping on Jason and kiting him away from others.

4 hours ago, GeneiJin said:

This is among the reasons I advocate NoS on low composed counselors.  Easier to track Jason's movements as well as positioning on other counselors.  Great for both grouping on Jason and kiting him away from others.

I meant that when I'm running from Jason, sure I see people on the mini-map, but it's not like I know whether they're a repair character or not. I'm just trying to get to a cabin and recoup some stamina.

• Like 1

I can understand the intention...Finding another counselor can lead to safety in numbers.

But I do agree that you shouldn't lead Jason to others who are near objectives. I think that's where the distinction needs to be. If you're running in the outskirts of the map, I see no problem running to the nearest counselor for back up.

7 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

I can understand the intention...Finding another counselor can lead to safety in numbers.

But I do agree that you shouldn't lead Jason to others who are near objectives. I think that's where the distinction needs to be. If you're running in the outskirts of the map, I see no problem running to the nearest counselor for back up.

Also, it may just be that the counselor needs a cabin to hop into to recoup stamina. 

Buggzy seems douchey enough to deliberately put others in harms way ahaha.

3 hours ago, SnakeSound222 said:

How am I supposed to know where to go and where not to go? I can't pull up my minimap mid-chase. 

It's fine if a Vanessa or Buggzy comes to me because they're being chased by Jason and need help. They then, however, run off because they are faster than me and ditch me to deal with Jason alone...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Chetork said:

It's fine if a Vanessa or Buggzy comes to me because they're being chased by Jason and need help. They then, however, run off because they are faster than me and ditch me to deal with Jason alone...

Hide

22 hours ago, malloymk said:

I agree that usually repair characters aren't pulling their weight, however you can absolutely pull up your map for a second or look at your minimap (if you have it). Just have to time it right, and do so during a reprieve moment.

If I can make that kind of time with Jason as Jenny, Vanessa and Buggzy can absolutely get enough distance and manage stam enough to pull their map. It can be really helpful while being chased, too.