Hello there I have a question to the community, what is the best strategy against Vanessa?, as I met yesterday somebody who was highly annoying not only because he was running all the the time, but because he also jumped in and outside the windows no matter know if I broke them or not as he used epic medic perk.

So what is now the best Jason against her?, is it like I heard from somebody Jason part 6?

Thank you.

I'd vote for the cheap strategy of shift-grabbing against Vanessa. It seems to be one of the only effective strategies.

Also, throwing knives.

• Haha 1

Keep her moving and use your knives.

Outsmart her next move...

I usually trick people into jumping out the window.

They think I'm shifting in the house, so I go to window outside. 

14 minutes ago, jetlee2777 said:

Hello there I have a question to the community, what is the best strategy against Vanessa?, as I met yesterday somebody who was highly annoying not only because he was running all the the time, but because he also jumped in and outside the windows no matter know if I broke them or not as he used epic medic perk.

So what is now the best Jason against her?, is it like I heard from somebody Jason part 6?

Thank you.

As someone  who has gone up against a Vanessa main and a master kiter on countless occasions(I'm looking at you @malloymk  ;)), I can tell you that patience is key.  Smash all the windows of the cabin they are in.  Smash the closest power box to get that fear up for stumble chances and to darken their screen and take away the mini map. Keep Vanessa moving, don't let her gain stamina.  Keep stalk on whenever it's not in cooldown.  Go for shift grabs when you can and even shift inside cabins to help create confusion. Finally, pray they make a mistake.:P

• Thanks 1

It's not always easy to do but working with morph, shift and stalk you can often times get her to run into your arms, in other words watch what they do and predict where she will end up before she does. With throwing knives I tend to try and hit her with them within close enough range that if she heals I will have time to get to her and slash or grab.  

• Like 1

You can also morph away from her if you can't catch her for now. Then stalk her until she's thinking there's no danger anymore and wait for a good occasion to shift grab.

6 minutes ago, jetlee2777 said:

Thank you.

My advice is to not tunnel Vanessa early in the game. It will waste your time and allow other counselors to achieve objectives. If you get a chance to stick a knife in Vanessa's behind or get a quick shift/slash or grab on her, do it. Otherwise, she is best left until after you take care of other counselors. I have, unfortunately, wasted entirely too much time in matches focusing on Vanessa, and it resulted in the cops getting called or cars getting fixed.

Med sprays run out, so my advice is to take advantage of any chance you get to injure her. Chad and Vanessa can be the most problematic counselors to deal with as Jason. Breaking windows and doors of the cabins they are in, and killing the lights are both good strategies. Let them injure themselves.

Be patient, don't tunnel for too long, and take the opportunities to get some smacks in when you can. That's the best I can give you. Good luck.

• Like 2

1. Persist non-stop(Vanessa may have a lot of stamina but it runs out eventually)

2. Make sure you break all windows to prevent juking.

3. Try to use throwing more often specifically against fast characters. When they are in the middle of an action like climbing through a window, opening a door etc. The animation will give you ample time to get an easy hit.

4. Don’t focus on Vanessa’s until all repair type characters are either  dead  or unable to repair to due to trap placement or lack of actual items.

5. Work on your shift grab. Realistically this is most likely way you’ll catch up to a Vanessa. For the shift grab try to anticipate their direction and press the grab button as soon as you exit the state.

• Like 2

There are several ways to catch a Vanessa/Bugzzy:

1. If you have any Traps remaining, trap a place where the Vanessa is likely to pass through, like one of the windows or a door.

2. Break the window that she is using to troll/juke you and eventually, she will get crippled and become slower than you (unless she has a med spray or the medic perk).

3. Hunt the slower ones first. Just because they're slow, doesn't mean they aren't dangerous. Most of the slow counselors in this game are good repairers. So, without them, Vanessas will not be able to escape.

4. Use your Throwing Knives to cripple them. Self-explanatory.

5. Deceive them by using Stalk. Every counselor can be caught with this tactic. Get out of sight and use this ability. Now, just wait for the fish to bite the bait.

On house with two front doors, sometimes it can be useful to destroy just one and let the second closed. It's a good strategic, of course with all windows smashed.

Some good advice in this thread. Just keep it in the back of your mind that she runs out of stamina, you don't. 

pt6 and jason goes to hell got + shift so go for that if you have problems with sprinting counselors. 18 seconds recharge for shift and 10 seconds in rage mode is a must if you wanna destroy any vanessa. with pt6 i usually end a full 8/8 match within under 10 minutes because of the grab buff and that was with a coordinated party of 4 or 5 people.

main way to deal with them though is to not deal with them in the first place. vanessa is a distraction counselor, so the best way to beat a vanessa is to not get distracted by her. if you see a lachappa 10 ft away from you and a vanessa 4 ft away from you, go for lachappa for example.

when you killed all the important repair counselors, go for the runners like vanessa. as i said pt6 and pt 9 (i think, 9 is goes to hell right?) have + shift meaning 18 seconds per shift which is fairly low and gives you ton of chances within a single minute to do an easy shift grab. if they cabin hop just relentlessly destroy the doors and the windows and plan ahead to what theyre gonna do. pt6 got + throwing knives too so hes the best for that since you can make them limp too. i usually collect 12 throwing knives with pt6 solely for the running counselors, dont bother throwing them at the slower / repair ones as theyre basically dog chow with the recent buff to pocket knives and grab range. practice shift grabs in offline bots. 

unless you got savini jason. savini jason is the most overpowered of them all as he has a +destruction and + shift combo, meaning you cant only shift a lot, but counselors also cant recharge their sprint because it takes like 3 seconds for you to annihalate a barricaded door.

I'm a Vanessa bitch. DONT LET ME HIT YOU. If I get a hit on you I just filled up most of my stamina bar. Try to twirl to avoid swings

I find Part 4 to be a great meta choice for dealing with Vanessa. Running and busting down doors easily doesn't allow Vanessa as much time to rest and regenerate her stamina. It eventually just becomes a game of wearing her down. 

2 hours ago, Impactedmedal38 said:

1. Persist non-stop(Vanessa may have a lot of stamina but it runs out eventually)

2. Make sure you break all windows to prevent juking.

3. Try to use throwing more often specifically against fast characters. When they are in the middle of an action like climbing through a window, opening a door etc. The animation will give you ample time to get an easy hit.

4. Don’t focus on Vanessa’s until all repair type characters are either  dead  or unable to repair to due to trap placement or lack of actual items.

5. Work on your shift grab. Realistically this is most likely way you’ll catch up to a Vanessa. For the shift grab try to anticipate their direction and press the grab button as soon as you exit the state.

Well the funny part of it was that she was the only counselor left and survived and I was Jason part 4.

But ok thanks to everybody for the tips, will use them when I play as Jason again.

2 minutes ago, jetlee2777 said:

Well the funny part of it was that she was the only counselor left and survived and I was Jason part 4.

But ok thanks to everybody for the tips, will use them when I play as Jason again.

Do not forget to use the Stalk ability.

2 hours ago, Charlie Chainsaw said:

How do you activate that ability?

There's a particular hand motion for that one.

As for Vanessas, unless you're God's gift to knife-throwers...Save. Your. Knives. For. Windows. After they step/jump through, you have a super clean target as they stand up that can be hit before it's even able to move.

• Like 1

Don't let her know you're on her.  Stalk, morph away behind building, shift on her ass.  Most aren't using Nerves of Steel perk, so she may not be able to track you since she  easily loses the mini-map.  If you are tunneling her, use shift, but don't expect to grab her out of it, because it's really hard to capture a player that's good with the jukes.  Instead, use shift as a pressure tool, use it's entire duration forcing Vanessa to burn more stamina as she attempts to evade you.  And most important...... DO NOT LET HER HIT YOU!!!   Any hit, and she can stall you for another min and half from the stamina bonus  Bait the swing, and punish the wiff.  Also, in general, having good throw knives skills is essential.

5 hours ago, Charlie Chainsaw said:

How do you activate that ability?

with your pp