Over the weekend I encountered a few Vanessas and... Buggzys... (One of the latter actually trolled a random Jason for nine and a half minutes!!). A couple of tactics I actually used which seemed to work...

1. Play as a Jason who can run.
  2. Keep the pressure on them, as they'll eventually run out of stamina.
  3. Break doors so they can't regain stamina, just for the small amount of time it takes to close and bar the door.
  4. Break windows so that when they climb/jump through they do take some damage... hopefully enough to go into 'limping' state.
  5. Use throwing knives, mainly when they're about to go through a window/door, get in a car/boat.
  6. Use your traps. If you can get a idea of where the Vanessa/Buggzy will run, anticipate it and place a trap where they'll run into it.
  7. Slash. If you get close enough to them (run out of stamina etc), slash them a few times to get them into the 'limping' state.
  8. Also, use any nearby environmental kills or weapon kills when highlighted. Kill them asap.

Just generic tactics (some of which have been raised already in this thread, as I've only just read it now...) which work for myself.

It helps to smash windows and doors early on so there is no where for her to loop in and out of. Traps placed at high traffic areas like the main cabin steps at Packanack or Higgins can catch her off guard if you're on her tail. Throwing knives have some serious range and fly faster than she runs. Don't spend a bunch of time chasing her early on, that's what she wants, go kill the slow ones and stop objectives from getting completed. When she's all that's left you can relax and wear her out.

Part 2-4 Jason or Roy, sooner or later she will run out of stamina and it will take her longer to refill it.

Other than that smashing doors and windows.

Predicting her movements and spawn close to her.

As a Vanessa player, key is to keep pressure on.  That doesn't mean to tunnel a Vanessa, buggzy, Tiffany, or Chad early in the game.  That's what we want you to do.  You will waste more time early on than doing yourself any favors.  If we are wasting your time, others are repairing shit (or should be anyway).  Wait until you have shift and have killed off the repair players.  I can repair well with Vanessa, but it is still a slow process.  You have time.  Then use stalk.  Stalk stalk stalk.  You will catch us off guard using stalk, shift, and knives.   Then just keep the pressure on until we make a mistake (or the game makes the mistake for us).   Good luck and have fun.  

8 hours ago, Poormetheus said:

I'd vote for the cheap strategy of shift-grabbing against Vanessa. It seems to be one of the only effective strategies.

Also, throwing knives.

5kvuv.jpg

• Haha 1

1. Save runners for later kills unless you can ambush them.

2. Push hard against the runners and keep them burning through Stamina. +Destruction Jasons are good for applying pressure in this regard as are running Jasons.

3. USE YOUR KNIVES! If they go to do a window climb through. Toss a knife at the window. If it breaks while they are crawling in it, they'll take damage from both the knife and the broken window. Interrupt them with knives when they go for a heal or recover from a jump-through.

4. Use combos of Stalk/Shift/Morph to ambush your prey. Be unpredictable.

5. If they head towards a window. Shift ahead of them to the window so you block it when exiting Shift. Keep them running.

6. Shift/Slash. Lead into a quick knife toss. Slash then quick toss. Follow with a grab while they recover from the knife stun animation. Slash-Toss-Grab keeps them from escaping the recovery animations (think of it as stun-locking a counselor).

7. Be sneaky and out-think your opponent!

Learn her juke patterns and punish them with shift grab, an easy way to do this is to hide and then use sense and stlk to see the directions thebred silouhette runs in. See if she mixes up her jukes or if they are all pretty similar. A common juke is to run toward Jason when they feel he is close, so sometimes cancelling shift right away can net you a grab fast.

Additionally some Vanessas wait to feel Jason 'push' them before attempting a juke to be sure that he is close. What I mean by this is that Jason is not intangible during shift so you can feel when he pushes into you or past you as a counselor, so try to not to give them that advantage by coming in from a wide angle.

Windows are a free knife throw. Collect knives and save them all until you get to the last few counselors. Combat stance and break any unbroken windows they dive through, it does a bit of damage, then follow up with a throwing knide for additional damage. 

I find Part 4 or Part 9 to be the easiest to catch Vanessa's with. With Part 4, you don't have to give them a free stamina boost by raging through doors since you have Destruction. Pair that with running and you can use up her stamina rather quick. Rage will likely be in effect by the time you are chasing her, so -Shift won't be as much of a problem.

With Part 9, you will have more frequent opportunities to use Shift grab without the penalty in Morph that Part 6 has. Stalking to bait them to burn staminathen following up by using the full length of Shift to waste more of their stamina will burn her out fast. Stun Resistance is good for getting rage early while not burning as much time from being stunned since Part 9 shakes of stuns quickly. +Stalk and +Shift are stamina drainers and incase Vanessa does hit and gets more stamina, the quick recovery from the stun won't buy her much time when you can simply burn more stamina again with +Shift and +Stalk.

Vanessas don't kite me for very long anymore. Even the elusive Mountain Dew sponsored MLG Vanessas.

Good luck and I hope this helps a bit.

I had someone kiting me the other night. After getting tired of it after a while, I morphed ahead of them, activated stalk, and then shifted back and grabbed them. Worked like a charm.

17 hours ago, anon said:

with your pp

what does that means? :blink:

Anyway the tips are really Working, and apparently fool proved. :D