Sign in to follow this  
Rexfellis

Ready for Carnival to be over

Happy Mardi Gras everyone. I realize it is not as big of a deal in a lot of places as it is here, but I know many cities around the world celebrate Carnival, Carnaval, or Mardi Gras. I'll be honest, I like the parades and the traditions, but I am ready for these people to GET DAFUQ OUTTA MY CITY!!! The population of New Orleans swells at leas 350% every year during Mardi Gras, especially this final weekend.

Tuesday is Mardi Gras Day and the following day is Ash Wednesday. That is the day that many hungover tourists should be getting on a plane or in their cars and heading back home. It can't happen soon enough for me. Traffic has been jacked up for a couple of weeks due to street closings for parades, the added people, etc... I'm just ready for it to be over. The only problem is that Mardi Gras is the beginning of festival season. I love this city, but these people party too damn much!! :lol:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Rexfellis said:

Happy Mardi Gras everyone. I realize it is not as big of a deal in a lot of places as it is here, but I know many cities around the world celebrate Carnival, Carnaval, or Mardi Gras. I'll be honest, I like the parades and the traditions, but I am ready for these people to GET DAFUQ OUTTA MY CITY!!! The population of New Orleans swells at leas 350% every year during Mardi Gras, especially this final weekend.

Tuesday is Mardi Gras Day and the following day is Ash Wednesday. That is the day that many hungover tourists should be getting on a plane or in their cars and heading back home. It can't happen soon enough for me. Traffic has been jacked up for a couple of weeks due to street closings for parades, the added people, etc... I'm just ready for it to be over. The only problem is that Mardi Gras is the beginning of festival season. I love this city, but these people party too damn much!! :lol:

This is the week of the year I feel bad for you man... good luck! Hope travel times to your job aren't awful. Maybe only run over 3 drunk assholes this year. Cut the number down. Haha

5 minutes ago, TheHansonGoons said:

This is the week of the year I feel bad for you man... good luck! Hope travel times to your job aren't awful. Maybe only run over 3 drunk assholes this year. Cut the number down. Haha

I'm actually pretty lucky this year man. The plant I'm working in is west of the city, towards Baton Rouge, so I don't even have to go anywhere near the French Quarter. They have a big parade here in Metairie tonight, so we're just staying home. Me and the kiddo are rocking out on some Contra III: Alien Wars! I don't need to be on the road because sometimes I just wanna go all :JasonPt6:on some of these drunk-ass, no driving assholes!

4 minutes ago, Rexfellis said:

I'm actually pretty lucky this year man. The plant I'm working in is west of the city, towards Baton Rouge, so I don't even have to go anywhere near the French Quarter. They have a big parade here in Metairie tonight, so we're just staying home. Me and the kiddo are rocking out on some Contra III: Alien Wars! I don't need to be on the road because sometimes I just wanna go all :JasonPt6:on some of these drunk-ass, no driving assholes!

Did you get the classic SNES too?!

Yeah man, I pre-ordered that thing as soon as I was able. It was supposedly for Lil Man, he saved up enough of his allowance to pay for half. But in reality, I wanted to settle an age-old argument with the wifey. And I was right all along, I can kick her ass at Super Mario Kart. :P And, I put his cash back in his Minions bank. (I still don't think he knows.)

We've been playing a lot of Super Mario World lately, I guess tonight he just wanted to blow shit up!