Sign in to follow this  
Fatalfox

Changes to how the phone should work

The game has made such huge improvements over the years but the issue with the cops still bugs me and I think it needs addressing. When you call the cops and the counselor speaks to them screaming and crying and telling them where they are and the situation etc. Just to have Jason cut the line or kill the counselor 0.5 seconds before the call ends. My issue with this is that if you have gone through that much of the conversation with the police they should still send someone out at that point. Maybe just add a penalty like the police don't take it as seriously so it takes another minute or two then normal to arrive? But yeah i've just ran into so many scenarios where people try to rush the phone and Jason just keeps killing them one by one as they are 3/4ths through the phone call. You would think by that point the police would think something is up. I dunno I just think something involving the phone has to change in some way.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Fatalfox said:

The game has made such huge improvements over the years but the issue with the cops still bugs me and I think it needs addressing. When you call the cops and the counselor speaks to them screaming and crying and telling them where they are and the situation etc. Just to have Jason cut the line or kill the counselor 0.5 seconds before the call ends. My issue with this is that if you have gone through that much of the conversation with the police they should still send someone out at that point. Maybe just add a penalty like the police don't take it as seriously so it takes another minute or two then normal to arrive? But yeah i've just ran into so many scenarios where people try to rush the phone and Jason just keeps killing them one by one as they are 3/4ths through the phone call. You would think by that point the police would think something is up. I dunno I just think something involving the phone has to change in some way.

No. Look at it this way, the cops show either way, but after the 20 minute mark because they think it's a prank. From a gaming perspective, the phone is already a holy grail. Unless it takes multiple fuses to get it going, and the power box in the area powers it, and hasn't been cut, it would put Jason back out into ineffective status. The phone shouldn't work without power, anyhow.

If anything, the police escape needs to be nerfed, so that other means of escape are utilized.

Making the police a 2 person only escape means water Jason's don't get boned out of a strength, because counselors are more likely to have to use the boat. 

The phone used to be the meta way to escape but its been a long time since that was the case. Now you're lucky to ever get the fuse in the box and most of the time it has 2 traps stacked on it. Also you do know land lines (like the one in the game) don't use electricity right? you don't use power for those phones thats why you can use one in real life even if the powers out.

I was thinking something like after 3 failed call attempts via Jason stopping the call and not accidentally stopping the call yourself the cops would get annoyed and think it's just a prank. The escape option would then be gone like when the car is destroyed. Or maybe you can keep calling, but your composure or luck will keep the cops from hanging up on you after you've failed calling them once for that particular player. 

• Like 1

If anything there should be more to getting the cops called then taking the fuse from an adjacent cabin, repairing, and calling the cops in a whopping minute and a half. I think two fuses should be required or the phone wiring itself should be another component. With the cops potentially allowing everyone to escape, it’s always been way too easy to execute. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Risinggrave said:

The phone shouldn't work without power, anyhow.

Huh? Land lines supply their own power independent of the regular power lines. That is why they still work during normal power outages IRL.😉

24 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

Huh? Land lines supply their own power independent of the regular power lines. That is why they still work during normal power outages IRL.😉

Kids these days and their fancy cell phones...

• Haha 1

If the call gets interrupted bot cops could come check on things. Just one dumb deputy with a shotgun, or two off duty officers on their way home, they stop to look in, so they don't have their guns. (The reason, I don't know, maybe the sheriff makes them lock them up after their shift.)

47 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

To be fair, If you get your landline service through the cable company now, your phone won't work without power.  But, the game takes place in the 80's when phone through cable didn't exist so it's a moot point.

I think that it could be a little more difficult to call the cops.  If Jason isn't camping the phone, it's pretty easy to find the fuse quickly, tank or disarm any traps surrounding the phone box, slip inside and make the call before Jason knows what hit him.

1 hour ago, Alkavian said:

You Jason nerfer! Next you'll want more pocket knives and health spray and extra shotguns to spawn at campsites! You'll make threads asking for ridiculous costumes and emotes and stop referring to the game as Friday the 13th, opting instead to call it "80's dress up dance party!"

Ok, on a serious note, the phone box is too powerful as is. I don't have an issue with it being unable to be powered down (Bloody shovels for digging mode should fix that!), but it doesn't need an amp. I've thought that Jason's who have a strength of swim speed get boned because half the time a boat doesn't spawn, and the phone saves everybody in one swoop. If anything the phone should be nerfed to saving two counselors and counselors should have to utilize all escape methods. 

Though I do agree with some of these ideas, I don't agree with the cap of counselors. Im pretty sure there is more than one police car (I think two) at the exit when they are called. With the 2 person escape cap, and if the 4 seater is in play, thats 8 people to escape, if somebody doesn't leave with empty seats. Imagine a chad who doesn't do anything but takes the four seater while the repairers are looking for keys. thats 3 seats gone, and not everyone can leave. Some people can argue that it is good for some counselors to bite the bullet and survive the night, git gud, etc. If they ever do include a cap, make it four or five. 

Looking gameplay wise not logically. I'd think the best solution would be to save the progress made on the call if the box gets destroyed, and then once you start the call again it picks up from where it was left off.