Thatguyinktown

Are counselor perks not carrying over to Tommy anymore?

Last night twice I was selected as Tommy after dying as Lachappa (Thanks random counselor mode). I made the call as Tommy in both games, yet the epic my dad's a cop (which I have on LaChappa) didn't get applied. This is recent, since the Feb or jan patch. Has anyone else encountered this?

Sucks for anyone running the ranger/increased damage as Tommy perk.

Pretty sure it's been like that considering my Medic perk (best perk in the game FYI) has never worked with Tommy (an alpha male).

3 minutes ago, Zenigundam said:

Pretty sure it's been like that considering my Medic perk (best perk in the game FYI) has never worked with Tommy (an alpha male).

You have to drop the spray that Tommy spawns with and pick it back up. Then it'll give you two sprays. 

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Imayslaylizdaw said:

You have to drop the spray that Tommy spawns with and pick it back up. Then it'll give you two sprays. 

I didn't know that, thanks!

I run medic and that works with Tommy. I don't have to drop the spray either.

1 minute ago, TiffanyxAJ said:

I run medic and that works with Tommy. I don't have to drop the spray either.

Same here, haven't encountered any problems with it.

@Thatguyinktown it might just be the my dad's a cop perk. I noticed the same thing on Xbox. It's really hard to verify most of the other perks though...

Perks still work on Tommy. Personally speaking I don’t think they should since he has a 10/10 on every stat plus a pocketknife and medspray but whatever.

1 minute ago, Impactedmedal38 said:

since he has a 10/10 on every stat

Hence why I never thought he needed a pocketknife and med spray in the first place. Maybe a med spray with this new item spawn, but never before.

I disagree with him having a pocketknife as most Tommy's misuse their items in the first place. Sad, but true.

Harhar i came back as jarvis!!!1!! Now im gonna' shoot jason and miss then let him grab me and scurry away!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, stoney said:

Hence why I never thought he needed a pocketknife and med spray in the first place. Maybe a med spray with this new item spawn, but never before.

I disagree with him having a pocketknife as most Tommy's misuse their items in the first place. Sad, but true.

Harhar i came back as jarvis!!!1!! Now im gonna' shoot jason and miss then let him grab me and scurry away!

I agree completely. Tommy having a pocketknife ruins the kill for Jason. Personally speaking when ever Tommy spawns in I always slash him to death not risking killing time. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, stoney said:

This is so accurate it's not even funny.

27 minutes ago, Impactedmedal38 said:

Perks still work on Tommy. Personally speaking I don’t think they should since he has a 10/10 on every stat plus a pocketknife and medspray but whatever.

Exactly, also since the fix parts icons appear on the map, now Jarvis is like Superman.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Sinisterslither said:

Exactly, also since the fix parts icons appear on the map, now Jarvis is like Superman.

If only people realized how easy everything is for Jarvis, instead they jog around like idiots, or run straight to the cops.

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Sinisterslither said:

That's weird because My Dad is Cop works on me when I use the phone as Jarvis, I tried 3 or 4 days ago. 

What system are you on? It might just be (another) xbox issue.

1 hour ago, Impactedmedal38 said:

I agree completely. Tommy having a pocketknife ruins the kill for Jason. [...]

I will be the one to disagree then. Tommy's pocket knife makes perfect sense. And since it was possible for him to walk out of the cutscene and right into a grab, it was actually necessary to a degree.

It would be weird for perks to not carry over. The perk system and game in general don't seem advanced enough for applying perks like potent ranger - which is exclusively in effect while you play as TJ - while disabling the afromentioned "My dad is a cop".

On 2/12/2018 at 10:54 AM, Thor_Bjarnason said:

I will be the one to disagree then. Tommy's pocket knife makes perfect sense. And since it was possible for him to walk out of the cutscene and right into a grab, it was actually necessary to a degree.

It would be weird for perks to not carry over. The perk system and game in general don't seem advanced enough for applying perks like potent ranger - which is exclusively in effect while you play as TJ - while disabling the afromentioned "My dad is a cop".

We've dealt with broken perks since the beginning on xbox. Usually once they fix them is when they also nerf them. I was able to use my 42% grease monkey for like a week before they nerfed it down to 12%...

On 2/11/2018 at 1:26 PM, Zenigundam said:

What exactly makes Tommy an "Alpha male"? He is a great character, likeable guy, strong, good leader but that doesn't make him an "alpha male". He doesn't strike me as the alpha type in game or film. He doesn't seem to be trying too hard to be overly masculine or anything like that, doesn't need to be in control or in charge. In fact, he almost seems a bit like the nice guy, easy going under the radar type who rises to the occasion and goes from regular lad to badass. I love Tommy, haha, but i've never thought of him as overly alpha. 

But yeah, medic is wicked, and I have been wondering about this issue myself. Half the time my perks carry over to him and half of the time they don't. 

• Like 1

On 2/12/2018 at 10:51 AM, stoney said:

Just because most misuse their items doesn't mean Tommy shouldn't get them. Tommy is able to show his value most when a player who really knows how to use him gets control of him. I almost always use my pocket knife to disarm Jason's trap at the fuse box when I'm Tommy. Or I'll eat a trap to get his attention and then use the med spray I've been handed. Depending on the situation, I often have no issue doing that with a regular counselor too. Although it is always nice to be able to hold onto a pocket knife, since for many players, one is enough to pretty much ensure survival.

I think the more people do these selfless things, the more it starts to rub off on other players. I've seen lobbies that stick together through 4-5-6 rounds and the teamwork you start to see is often surprising. Late night on PC is surprisingly good for this. Most people playing are using mics and don't seem to care if they survive. They just go hard on objectives and whatever happens, happens. Played with a fun group a couple nights ago. Tommy was always used well by whoever got him. 2 Jason kills in 5 rounds.