Sign in to follow this  
jetlee2777

Question about three perks in the game.

Hello there I would like to you ask the devs, but also all the others here in the community who knows what the two perks in the game are all about,

One is looking like an eye, another one like somebody holding something, and the last one a hand holding a knife.

I mean ok the last one has to be probably a knife perk seen also here in the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4LYFkeBzs8

but why if the devs decided to remove that perk, it´s still visual in the game?

3 minutes ago, Thatguyinktown said:

Pictures would be dreadfully helpful in trying to assist you with your question.

Well unfortunatly there are no pictures of the two perks, but if you buy now new perks and pay close attention to it while it´s still rolling then you might see it by yourself and know what I mean, unless you can make a screenshot or video of it.

11 minutes ago, jetlee2777 said:

Well unfortunatly there are no pictures of the two perks, but if you buy now new perks and pay close attention to it while it´s still rolling then you might see it by yourself and know what I mean, unless you can make a screenshot or video of it.

Those are unused artworks of perks that didn’t make it in the game, at least for now.  Obviously the pocketknife perk would’ve been too powerful and everyone would equip it if it was available.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, doitagain said:

Those are unused artworks of perks that didn’t make it in the game, at least for now.  Obviously the pocketknife perk would’ve been too powerful and everyone would equip it if it was available.

Well if it is now unused artwork like you said, then why like I said did the devs not removed it from the game?, and it´s still visual?

And why to powerful?, esp. now that the devs decided to reduce the quantity of knives it is very useful.

Also before that there is already a perk which allows you to spawn with firecrackers, medic spray, baseball bat so why not with a knife then?, I mean then Tommy Jarvivs would be also to overpowered only because he is now spawning with a medic spray and pocketknife, and he´s definetly not.

Yeah the knife one is for Man at Arms. Don't know why they left the old art assets, but hey, I suppose they have had bigger fish to fry.

• Like 1

I believe I asked this a LONG time ago, either here or somewhere else, basically was told the same thing, old ideas never used. Would love to see some new perks.

12 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

Yeah the knife one is for Man at Arms. Don't know why they left the old art assets, but hey, I suppose they have had bigger fish to fry.

Yes, fixing the perk roll intro animation is far down on their punch list :P

44 minutes ago, jetlee2777 said:

And why to powerful?, esp. now that the devs decided to reduce the quantity of knives it is very useful.

Also before that there is already a perk which allows you to spawn with firecrackers, medic spray, baseball bat so why not with a knife then?, I mean then Tommy Jarvivs would be also to overpowered only because he is now spawning with a medic spray and pocketknife, and he´s definetly not.

Having one player(tommy) spawn with a pocketknife is completely different from having ALL counselors spawn with a knife. It’s not a difficult concept to understand.

1 hour ago, Alkavian said:

Really and I thought it would be a knife perk, and not an old picture for man at arms.

1 hour ago, doitagain said:

Having one player(tommy) spawn with a pocketknife is completely different from having ALL counselors spawn with a knife. It’s not a difficult concept to understand.

No why? it can be only used once like everything else too, so once Jason grabs you you´ve wasted it already and like I said as know that there are less knives to find in the game in general it would be a very handy and useful perk and didn´t make that much difference now then when you find now one inside a drawer.