What if they only make Grendel available for single player challenges? I know they haven't said anything about the map since the virtual cabin teaser, but considering the difference in setting, I was wondering how exactly they'd get the setting to work in a multiplayer environment.

What is the community's thoughts if Grendel only turned out to be a single player challenge map?

• Thanks 1

it’ll be a waste because single player is easy mode on any mode. unless they boost the bots it’d just be a waste on a great playing jason. (i say like i play jason?)

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Riot_Dame said:

it’ll be a waste because single player is easy mode on any mode. unless they boost the bots it’d just be a waste on a great playing jason. (i say like i play jason?)

Single player challenges are going to be different than offline bots if that is the impression you are under. 

• Like 1

I don’t see any reason why Grendel won’t be available to play in multiplayer, with any Jason. It would be a poor decision if it wasn’t.

It’ll have to play differently but they’ll figure out ways to do it.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sweenmasheen said:

Single player challenges are going to be different than offline bots if that is the impression you are under. 

i figured the bots in SP would be about the same intelligence as offline. I haven’t read anything about SP just the video so i guess i’m mostly in the dark. 

1 minute ago, Riot_Dame said:

i figured the bots in SP would be about the same intelligence as offline. I haven’t read anything about SP just the video so i guess i’m mostly in the dark. 

Well it seems as though they are going to be much more scripted and linear. They have specific things to say and do, follow scenarios and have to be certain places and react certain ways. Will be much more polished than the chaos that is offline bots. No sandbox , so to say.

1 minute ago, Sweenmasheen said:

Well it seems as though they are going to be much more scripted and linear. They have specific things to say and do, follow scenarios and have to be certain places and react certain ways. Will be much more polished than the chaos that is offline bots. No sandbox , so to say.

I really hope so. The voice acting and mouthes moving made it seem more polished but when jason came for them they didn’t really react until they were in the kill so that’s where i got the intelligence level from. I guess we’ll see in April maybe.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Riot_Dame said:

I really hope so. The voice acting and mouthes moving made it seem more polished but when jason came for them they didn’t really react until they were in the kill so that’s where i got the intelligence level from. I guess we’ll see in April maybe.

Yeah, it looks like it'll be more akin to a Metal gear game , or something similar where stealth/stalk is key. But you are right, we wont really know anything until April at the very earliest.

17 minutes ago, Sweenmasheen said:

Yeah, it looks like it'll be more akin to a Metal gear game , or something similar where stealth/stalk is key. But you are right, we wont really know anything until April at the very earliest.

i hope they make the challenge worth the wait

I'm really hoping it is its own map.  Almost its game.  I don't like first person games at all, but I did like the way it was in the VC.  I may be the only one, but I don't want to see Uber Jason running around Higgins or any other older map.  It will just be odd.  Plus, if he can't break down a wooden door in one hit with an upgraded machete and a bionic arm it will just be disappointing.  I know I'm in the minority here, but my hope is that Grendel is its own entity.   

1 minute ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

I'm really hoping it is its own map.  Almost its game.  I don't like first person games at all, but I did like the way it was in the VC.  I may be the only one, but I don't want to see Uber Jason running around Higgins or any other older map.  It will just be odd.  Plus, if he can't break down a wooden door in one hit with an upgraded machete and a bionic arm it will just be disappointing.  I know I'm in the minority here, but my hope is that Grendel is its own entity.   

Id dig an Alien Isolation type mode against an AI Jason, where he hunts primarily you (amongst other AI red shirts), but considering the mammoth undertaking of that build (Alien Isolation had 2 different processes going on simultaneously, one for the xenomorph that's hunting you and the overarching process that knows where you are at all times and gives hints to the enemy) I'm not holding my breath for that.

If grendel is only for single player challenges i will shoot up the roblox preschool.

10 minutes ago, Thatguyinktown said:

Id dig an Alien Isolation type mode against an AI Jason,

That would be cool and it would add an extra layer of depth to the overall game. 

I wouldn't be completely mad at the idea of the Grendel being SP Challenge only, but it would be disappointing to not be able to play as a counselor on a spaceship

It should be...theres no real way to implement the current multiplayer on grendel. Plus it would be pretty goofy with current characters we have in space.

Single player or own game mode is ideal

And by doing this , they would finally be able to bring Part 1 into the game using similar mode with Pamela/boy Jason 

If I was running shit , that's how I would do it 

I highly doubt it, but I do have high suspicions that things related to Pamela and kid Jason will be SP only. I think single player challenges is how Mrs. Voorhees and the kid Jason from Virtual Cabin 2.0 will make it into the game. 

4 hours ago, anon said:

If grendel is only for single player challenges i will shoot up the roblox preschool.

Oh

Why is it suddenly goofy for Uber Jason to appear on Packanack? Did 8-bit Retro Jason suddenly have an excuse?

Why is it suddenly goofy for the characters to appear in the Grendel? Did Tommy suddenly have an excuse to show up as an adult in 1979 Crystal Lake?

Make the Grendel and Uber part of the main multiplayer mode. Most people are going to want that.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Loading said:

Why is it suddenly goofy for Uber Jason to appear on Packanack? Did 8-bit Retro Jason suddenly have an excuse?

Why is it suddenly goofy for the characters to appear in the Grendel? Did Tommy suddenly have an excuse to show up as an adult in 1979 Crystal Lake?

Make the Grendel and Uber part of the main multiplayer mode. Most people are going to want that.

I agree. This isn't even a story video game with a campaign. So what If it gets a little bit ridiculous, that might even help it stay fresh.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Loading said:

I agree with all of this execpt tommy he shouldnt appear.

Thats not the issue. Its how Grendel will play using current mechanics and jasons abilities is the main problem  .... hence own gamemode/sp

It's easy to implement Grendel you would just have less ways to escape. Witch could make it scarier. You could have the second ship that needs to be fueled before it can go and support team that comes at the end of the film like police. When it comes to how Jason will play that could be tricky but hey if Roy can break down a door with hedge trimmers and it's fine we can allow any of them to break down metal doors  

Your on a spaceship. All assets and game mechanics are based on outdoor camp gameplay. 

There's too many new implementations to make it work using curent system. Jason will morph inside your room? ...shift where ,to next hallway before you get stuck at another door to break down?  ...useless . no Windows?  

Who knows, I have a feeling this is a long way away, probably last thing we get. If they had trouble on "Paranoia" ....can imagine the nightmare it is making this work

For this dev team would probably be best just making own gamemode , i think it would be a great way to switch things up a bit too from the usual multiplayer. And would allow to add Pamela later in game finally with her own gamemode.