Zenigundam

Does anybody else hate that 80s girly song they put in?

Hey the guy just said he dislikes the song and asked who else dislikes it, dont hate him for it :S

I am also super sad that the song is not on deezer T_T 

5 hours ago, deathbat96777 said:

I want them to have "Never Gonna Give You Up" by Rick Astley playing whenever Jason does the boom box kill. Would put the kill into a funnier context lol. 

Once upon a time, a Jason online was playing that and singing along I hated it. I needed to remind him good Jasons are seen and not heard. (Which you may or may not agree with, as it has been discussed ad nauseum, I don't wish to engage anyone on this.) But NO! For the sake of my digital Counselor's soul...Please don't see them off to the Great Camp in the Sky with that song. 

How can anyone hate that song. It's fantastic. And it doesn't just play when female counselors turn on the radio. I main as Adam and it often comes on when I turn the radio on.

Summer of heat is an "okay" song. Different strokes for different folks.

I find it annoying. Not because of the song itself but because it's the song that plays everytime you turn on a radio. I stick around an extra couple seconds just to change the song (but most times to plays the same song again).

I wish there was an RNG where a random song would play everytime.

On 2/11/2018 at 4:26 PM, Redcat345 said:

As for the claim of sexism, gtfo with that sjw identity political crap!!!

Yeesh. Triggered much? 

I agree that OPs "sexist" claim is kinda lame, but this reponse isn't really much better, either. 

Summer of Heat is a great song but it would be nice if you had a selector (like the emote wheel) that pops up whenever you turn on the radio that allows you to pick the song.

• Like 1

On 2/11/2018 at 4:57 PM, Maddogg_8121 said:

It is a great song.  I don't like the misfits song    

Was just about to say the same thing. Surprisingly, the only song that annoys me is the Misfits one.

Yeah I’m not a fan of Summer of Heat at all.

I like the Crazy Lixx stuff, but the Misfits song is the best on the radio. I almost hope they’d include their “Nightmare on Elm Street” track from the same EP as a little jab at Freddy.

29 minutes ago, Gummybish said:

Whoever hates that amazing song, I'll be at your funeral in real life celebrating. 

Lmao count me in.

18 hours ago, Shadesofjoe said:

Yeesh. Triggered much? 

I agree that OPs "sexist" claim is kinda lame, but this reponse isn't really much better, either. 

Summer of Heat is a great song but it would be nice if you had a selector (like the emote wheel) that pops up whenever you turn on the radio that allows you to pick the song.

You hold e key to change songs

On 2/12/2018 at 1:31 AM, TheHansonGoons said:

Agreed. Don't know if it's Michael Graves singing in that one, but it annoys me. I am tired of being in cars with that song on. Or walking into a house with it already playing. ..

Didn't retro Jason's theme steal a riff from a Mitch Murder song?

@anon is right here, putting in some Alice Cooper tracks would be more fitting. I remember how long I sat at the radio in VC2.0 just to hear all the songs.  

@WashingtonJones And @Bropollocreed79, both great songs. Amazing video from Madonna.  I can't respect a man that can't respect and dance to 80s pop. You know the 1 cliche dance every white person did in the 80s. But Kenny Loggins was king of the 80s soundtracks.

It's Jerry Only, the bass player 

On 11/02/2018 at 9:04 PM, BFizzle said:

Nope. Summer of Heat is the best song in the game, and it does play when male characters turn on a radio or crank the car too. And it was around long before the Jarvis map. 

i agree summer of heat it's my favorite song in this game.

On 2/11/2018 at 3:01 PM, Zenigundam said:

And it always plays whenever a FEMALE character turns the radio on, which is quite sexist.

Man, what's with you and sexism? Who cares? Male counselors can turn that song too, y'know. I don't see how that's sexist.

The funniest part is that he's crying for sexism, but calls the song girly, like female vocals are inferior to listen to. The irony is thick.

• Like 1

On 2/11/2018 at 6:37 PM, Body Boy said:

Summer of Heat is the best song on the radio, hands down. It sounds the most 80s of the 4 (or 5?) that play. 

I bet the devs handled some arithmetic to determine the most popular chosen song, and it was undoubtedly SOH. Whenever I put on the radio before, when Misfits were the default, I'd always change it to SOH, as would most others. "Feminine" music. Pffft. Get outta here. I'll take jamming female vocal synth pop over hair metal any day. 

Misfits aren't hair metal in the least....that would be motley crue. Misfits are punk. And they were a very relevant 80's band so they fit just as much as any shitty 80's pop. Everyone has a preference. I wish they would add some thrash, diversify the music much like the actual 80's musical climate.

58 minutes ago, Body Boy said:

The funniest part is that he's crying for sexism, but calls the song girly, like female vocals are inferior to listen to. The irony is thick.

Couldn't agree with this assessment more lol.

On 2/12/2018 at 7:00 PM, SteveChristy said:

Was just about to say the same thing. Surprisingly, the only song that annoys me is the Misfits one.

Because it's not really THE Misfits (circa '77-'83)... 

@jameson87 I wish they could, too.  Be a bit more accurate to the music at the time.  Get some Queensryche or, another Jersey band, Overkill.  But it all costs a whole lotta 💰.

The song's worth it just for this epic fucking glory...poor Jason getting free dancing lessons from Tiffany looooong before the Great Counselor Buff of December 2017.