Zenigundam

Does anybody else hate that 80s girly song they put in?

2 hours ago, Body Boy said:

I like both those song. Best Around has terrific energy, but damn, Like A Prayer is on a whole other level. There's a difference between Madonna and, say, Spears, Aguilera, Bieber and Grande. A big one.

Can't argue with you.

My point is, while Madonna is quintessentially timeless, there are far better choices for encapsulating the 80's (if that's the goal).

Really, Cyndi Lauper would be a better "80's" choice than Madonna.  Nobody with half a brain would advance Lauper over Madonna, but again, when you think of the 80's, songs like this come to mind first:

5 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

(I can swear I responded to this already but...)

I'm being serious. Like a Prayer is a beautiful masterpiece.
The Karate Kid song is silly. 

(Then there was something else I responded to regarding men not liking pop music. Am I imaging things.....again?)

Oh, you're not wrong.  I was coming at it from the perspective of capturing the spirit of the 80's.  My bad.  Madonna, as I said before, is timeless.

Besides, you can't take anything I say about pop culture too seriously.  If I had my way, the only thing on the radio ever would be Dee Snyder's House of Hair.  I watch Commando at least twice a month.

What about counselor specific songs? I could see Adam jamming out to some Slayer and his girl AJ getting into some Poison and Motley Crue. I could see them getting into a really cute argument about how it's not real metal lol

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Zenigundam said:

I forget what it's called, but I believe they added it with the Jarvis House and Part IV Jason update, no I'm actually certain they did. I can't stand when that song plays on a cabin radio or the car radio. And it always plays whenever a FEMALE character turns the radio on, which is quite sexist.

Whereas the classic OG tunes from Crazy Lixx are the real stuff of legends. How does it go again, Your heart's beating faster your blood runs cold *guitar riff* and then the one where they keep saying Friday the 13th over and over again, yeah sick. That girly song is so bad though, the only thing I really dislike about this awesome game.

I love the song. I mean, its terrible and I hate, but that's WHY I love it. 

Personally, I love the song. In fact, everytime someone turns on the radio, and that song starts to play, I can't help but hum along with it :)

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

It is a great song.  I don't like the misfits song    

Agreed. Don't know if it's Michael Graves singing in that one, but it annoys me. I am tired of being in cars with that song on. Or walking into a house with it already playing. ..

Didn't retro Jason's theme steal a riff from a Mitch Murder song?

@anon is right here, putting in some Alice Cooper tracks would be more fitting. I remember how long I sat at the radio in VC2.0 just to hear all the songs.  

@WashingtonJones And @Bropollocreed79, both great songs. Amazing video from Madonna.  I can't respect a man that can't respect and dance to 80s pop. You know the 1 cliche dance every white person did in the 80s. But Kenny Loggins was king of the 80s soundtracks.

16 minutes ago, TheHansonGoons said:

Agreed. Don't know if it's Michael Graves singing in that one, but it annoys me. I am tired of being in cars with that song on. Or walking into a house with it already playing. ..

@anon is right here, putting in some Alice Cooper tracks would be more fitting. I remember how long I sat at the radio in VC2.0 just to hear all the songs.  

@WashingtonJones And @Bropollocreed79, both great songs. Amazing video from Madonna.  I can't respect a man that can't respect and dance to 80s pop. You know the 1 cliche dance every white person did in the 80s. But Kenny Loggins was king of the 80s soundtracks.

ples show me this dance.

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, TheHansonGoons said:

Kenny loggins was the man, but I rate John Farnham right up there too simply because he made great music for the movie RAD.  

Edit: I'd personally love it if they threw some Vixen in there as well.  If you listen to JJ shredding the guitar in part 8, there is a woman that comes in singing before Jason scares her and she runs off.  The song has the same sound that Vixen had and the voice is very similar to Janet Gardner's of Vixen.  It is awesome and Vixen would fit right in with AJ's style.  

Too bad Bava's and Argento's took Accept's Fast as a Shark, and Night Danger "Pretty Maids". Would love to drive away from a killer to those songs

9 hours ago, Zenigundam said:

Dude are you like 16? You've  NEVER  heard of 80s music? I really hate that song.  I keep turning the radio on and off until Crazy Lixx  comes on because it takes me back to the old days 

Come on Zen it's really good next time it comes on just take a breath and try dancing to it 🕺🏼

13 hours ago, JasonWhorehees said:

its not an 80's song.

its from 2004

Despite the fact that it may have been recorded in 2004, it is made to sound indicative of the 1980s via its instrumentation / chord progression, etc.

The bottom line: the song has an 80s sound. Friday the 13th is supposed to be an 80s phenomenon. Thus, the song is appropriate.

I want them to have "Never Gonna Give You Up" by Rick Astley playing whenever Jason does the boom box kill. Would put the kill into a funnier context lol. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, deathbat96777 said:

I want them to have "Never Gonna Give You Up" by Rick Astley playing whenever Jason does the boom box kill. Would put the kill into a funnier context lol. 

You sir win the internet!

6 hours ago, TheHansonGoons said:

• Haha 2

I have come to hate that song, regardless of how “80’s” it sounds. 

Normally when people post “am I the only one” type threads people would state the obvious - that of course at last someone else out there agrees with OP.  

But in this case I really feel OPs dislike of Summer of a Heat is unique, and he should seek mental help.  Preferably at Pinehurst.  

• Haha 3

bruh i dont even like old music / old style music and i love that song whenever someone turns the radio on i sing along vocally (dont know the lyrics after hearing it 9000 times)

DUDE NO THAT IS MY FAVORITE SONG OUT OF THEM

LET THE SUMMER BEGIN!!!

I wish they had put this 80s style song into the game when Part 5 Jason / Roy Burns got released:

• Like 1