CPLhicks31

Improving the Jarvis house map?

How would you improve the Jarvis house map? It has great atmosphere and detail, but it is polarizing and awkard to play on due to very little "flow"

Things I would certainly leave the way they are:

-Two main cabins across from each other is a neat idea (and film accurate)

-The locations of Jasons shack are dynamite.

Things you would change?

My first and only suggestion that I consider a must is to have the car always be a 4 seater rather than a 2 seater. Most players view the cops as the only true escape avenue out of Jarvis, and having a 4 seater would change this line of thinking and encourage more objective play.

Props to NoOneK903 for suggesting this thread.

Thanks! Back to the subject, I think:

-Item spawn like keys and gas, need to spawn closer to objectives.

-Objectives need to stop spawning at the other side of the map.

-Make it so both the 2 and 4 seaters can spawn in these maps.

-Have the 4 seater spawn being obligatory.

-Add more cabins.

I made a poll on Jarvis House not too long ago. There's a bunch of suggestions in there if you want to check it out. <LINK>

I like the Jarvis House Map the way it is.  I think of Jarvis and Pinehurst as "hard mode" for counselors.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, gyaaft said:

I made a poll on Jarvis House not too long ago. There's a bunch of suggestions in there if you want to check it out. <LINK>

One day, I'll send your thread to the devs.

I'd use one or two of the cabins on the far left side of the map as a phone spawn location.  Other than that, not much.  

I do like the objective parts spawning on Jarvis and pine.  I wish they'd do that to the other maps as well.  Make them random so they can spawn anywhere on the map.  Not just within the 4 square grid.  

• Like 1

For starters, they could fix the battery spawning under the dresser. 

Jarvis House is the best map in the game, unlike the small maps which were the worst things Gun Media ever created. The only reason you guys are mad is because it makes fixing the car harder and you're scared to go to the lonely cabins at Dier's Bay and that one on the left side of the map because you'll fear quit if Jason morphs over there while you're all alone.

The phone box needs to spawn at the two main houses, put them in the basement or on the outside.

Take out the mountains that force us to go on the roads, make it Forrest so we can run through it like packanack

1. Agreed make 4 seater always spawn

2. Spawn parts closer to the objectives (Car keys are spawning at northernmost house while car is at the southwest camp sometimes...

3. Make 2-3 extra cabins to help with the giant void that is in between all of the cabins which ruins fixers moving between safe spots.

4. make the boat exit easier or more safe. The current way many times is driving next to a cliff and if Jason catches you there is little to no hope of moving onto shore.

• Like 1

The Jarvis map is a mix of both good and bad... As it is, items for repairing the car/boat/phone fuse can spawn on the far side of the map but they aren't that far, that anyone can't get them and get to where they are needed. The escape ways for the boat, while being narrow, can add some atmosphere. I would love if Gun added a fog weather mode alongside the rain... Running around this map in a fog would increase the general tension as you'd only have a few seconds to see Jason on the minimap if he's near you.

I haven't play a lot on this map but it seems there's one of the big house which, if all the doors are locked from the inside, we can't go in by windows.

jarvis does not need improvement its the best map in game if anything pack higgins and crystal lake need improvement 

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, pioneer67fkd said:

jarvis does not need improvement its the best map in game if anything pack higgins and crystal lake need improvement 

It favors sped though. If I know we’re playing Jarvis, I switch to Tiffany, rather than Deborah because fixers are forced to go out and find items across the maps. 

9 hours ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

I'd use one or two of the cabins on the far left side of the map as a phone spawn location.  Other than that, not much.  

I do like the objective parts spawning on Jarvis and pine.  I wish they'd do that to the other maps as well.  Make them random so they can spawn anywhere on the map.  Not just within the 4 square grid.  

Great point about that row of cabins on the left. Really ought to be a potential fuse house in those.

Jarvis map is not too bad. It needs a couple cabin "spokes" in the centerline of the map to the west and east to allow traverse across the center line better and give a little bit of cover. Beyond that, I like the cabins as they are.

In regards to BOTH big maps I would suggest these things:

1. 6 vehicle seats always spawn. No 2 seater + boat options. I'd leave that particular gimp spawn for ONLY small maps since the size of the area and ease of moving repair items heavily benefit the counselors anyways. This sort of handicap should never happen on a large map.

2. The two large maps can spawn up to THREE vehicles. More workable objectives will keep Jason moving and not give him so much time to tunnel counselors to death if there are more places he has to be to secure the map.

* 4 seater + 2 seater

* 4 seater + boat

* 2 seater + 2 seater + boat

* 2 seater + boat + boat

3. Repair items shouldn't be spawning on the far side of a large map. Once again, it is not a big deal for a small map, but it can be crippling for counselors on a huge map.

Just my thoughts on it.

• Like 1

Just now, TiffanyIsBae said:

It favors sped though. If I know we’re playing Jarvis, I switch to Tiffany, rather than Deborah because fixers are forced to go out and find items across the maps. 

no it does not it favors stealth that map is a speed characters death trap because there much easier to track

9 minutes ago, CPLhicks31 said:

Great point about that row of cabins on the left. Really ought to be a potential fuse house in those.

Yeah, there isn't a whole lot going on in that area over there.  An occasional boat spawn, but that's about it. 

Just now, pioneer67fkd said:

no it does not it favors stealth that map is a speed characters death trap because there much easier to track

It doesn’t though. Why play Deborah or Lachappa when you can run from cabin to cabin as Tiff or Chad. It’s not fun wandering around across the map just for ONE car part.

32 minutes ago, TiffanyIsBae said:

It doesn’t though. Why play Deborah or Lachappa when you can run from cabin to cabin as Tiff or Chad. It’s not fun wandering around across the map just for ONE car part.

because doing that all but guarantees easy 8/8 for jason