Sign in to follow this  
Alkavian

Wow. NOW THAT was so bad it is impressive...

Every once in awhile you see a play made that is so bad it is astounding. That play that you just shake you head and stare dumbfounded at the screen...

Last night I was playing some matches with friends. We were partied up and playing in QP (::cringe::), but one of our folks was the host so at least we knew there'd be no rage quitting. One player in particular outside our group played about 3 matches with us. This player was sub-level 15 and very new. Each match the player would spend the entire match hiding in various hiding spots ( blissfully unaware that Jason will see your location light up post-Rage). In one match, Jason found this person last because he had to wait until Rage to get a bead on the hider.

Spectating the hider:

1. You hear Jason's music.

2. Hider comes out and runs in a couple circles trying to come up with a plan.

3. Jason starts smashing the door - hider hides in a wardrobe (the only hiding spot in the little cabin).

4. Jason is almost through the door and the hider exits - aiming the flare gun.

5. Jason breaks the door and is shot for a stun.

6. Hider goes back into the wardrobe (bot style).

7. Jason kills the hider after briefly using the Sense to verify nobody was running away outside.

The bots are setting a bad example for our noobs methinks...:lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Lol poor guy. He'll learn it just takes time :) I used to use hiding spots too often as well ;-;

17 minutes ago, Chetork said:

Lol poor guy. He'll learn it just takes time :) I used to use hiding spots too often as well ;-;

I use hiding spots all the time. Short term solutions for evasion and Stamina regeneration. They help a lot on large maps with with low Stamina characters. I've just never seen anyone (even a noob) so brazenly try to hide right in Jason's face. :lol:

17 minutes ago, stoney said:

Maybe if he believed harder! :lol:

I think I can....I think I can....shit....I thought I could....I thought I could.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Are bots leaking into QP? Mmmm time to see if that A.I computer is playing this game.

I was just sitting there in my headset like...

Nd1rwFm.gif

• Haha 1

Well, to be fair, if the noob hasn't been playing that long, and has never played as Jason, there's a chance they may not be aware of LL of Jason's mechanics.  I know that it took me a month to figure out what Stalk did.

Well, it happens. Not all players want to know how to play the game. They just pick up the controller and play. It happened a lot here in Brazil.

This is why I like seeing backers play. They know how every mechanic works since day 1. The real problem is when these people get bored of the game. Now, what we have to watch? Pappus?

Refresh my memory- can Jason see your exact hiding spot in a cabin, post rage with sense?

3 minutes ago, Ker Juice said:

Refresh my memory- can Jason see your exact hiding spot in a cabin, post rage with sense?

No. 

Hiding before sense, the house doesn't light up. After it does, hiding or not.

6 minutes ago, Ker Juice said:

No. Just the cabin.

• Thanks 1

Yeah, I'm not ragging on the guy (we all had to learn sometime), but it was so bad of a choice that I was wondering if a bot had got lost in our QP match. There were at least two other cabins he could have window hopped to. The Jason player was decent, but not terrifyingly good. With less than 4 minutes remaining, he could have had a chance (albeit a slim one).

• Like 1

I bet the next time you play you'll run into players just doing this 

wBV8TV0.gif

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Ghostboy20 said:

I bet the next time you play you'll run into players just doing this 

wBV8TV0.gif

tenor.gif?itemid=4423036

Just now, NoOneK9503 said:

tenor.gif?itemid=4423036

Oh I now know what I'm doing in QP lobbies when I'm bored xD 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

Oh I now know what I'm doing in QP lobbies when I'm bored xD 

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

giphy.gif

I've become the very thing we all don't want 

tenor.gif?itemid=5179383

50 minutes ago, Riot_Dame said:

@Alkavian you forgot to add the part where he yelled he was a G after dying. 

Yeah. Lol. So proud of his efforts.

Funny thing is, bots have also determined that tanking traps and keeping pocket knives is a better strategy than trying to stealth past the trap. Problem is they tank the trap and either don't heal or have no health spray.

1st of all... Why bot this game? 2nd.. that sounds like something I would do... I hid today and told my friend I found a hiding place and Jason was like... " Dude u know I can hear u?".....

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Poormetheus said:

I don't think there's much to glean from criticizing / laughing at the strategy of a newbie.

You can always glean useful tidbits from mistakes. How do you think I get so much material for the playbook?😁

Of course plenty of those tactics suggestions come from me making plenty of my own mistakes. I'll use others poor choices as well though. I can't hog all the spotlight for epic fails.😉

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

You can always glean useful tidbits from mistakes. How do you think I get so much material for the playbook?😁

Of course plenty of those tactics suggestions come from me making plenty of my own mistakes. I'll use others poor choices as well though. I can't hog all the spotlight for epic fails.😉

Your biggest mistake is always leaving me for last.🤕

giphy.gif

• Like 1