Many longer time players see slashing to death with no Grab attempts as "lack of skill" and deride those players as noobs or trash.  I personally lean on the Shift Grab killing only side, but I feel the pain of dealing with pocket knives.  I generally slash Vanessas & Tommy into limping status if the situation presents itself, then always go for Grab kill.  I take it as extra challenge to regrab a player after a pocket knife, but I can't totally condemn a Slasher strategy.  Jasons with slow Shifts, like Part 2 and 4, I give pass to for slashing since they can't really employ the normal long range Shift Grab ambushes I do as a Part 8 main.

Slashing counselors has it's place in the game but Jasons that slash and ONLY slash are lame.  I don't have a big problem with it but it does take some of the fun out of the game and makes the Jason just look like a "try hard".

What DOES piss me off are Jasons that throw knives at cars.  They know full well that the game will glitch and send the car flying and possibly glitch the game to the point where it is ruined and cannot end. (seen that when counselors are flung off the map and the game can't end).  If you have a hard time catching the car then get better at being Jason.  Don't throw knives and risk ruining the match.  This glitch is just a bad as counselors that used to go onto the roof of buildings. 

In one match I had a Jason hit the car with a knife sending me and the car off of the map in the out of bounds area.  When the game ended and I was still alive because Jason couldn't get to me, the guy playing Jason sent me a message saying he "reported me" for glitching. lol    People are ridiculous.

2 hours ago, Laotian Lam said:

Slashing counselors has it's place in the game but Jasons that slash and ONLY slash are lame.  I don't have a big problem with it but it does take some of the fun out of the game and makes the Jason just look like a "try hard".

Slashing, Chokes and Head Punches only Jasons players are the worst.  Dealing out the right kills at the right moment is what F13th is all about.

I personally can't do it.  Like, I have to be forced or put in a position to kill players like that.   Hell I don't even like doing the same kills period.

Which is why I HATE when Jasons players kill me in the lamest way possible.  

Had a Jason last night. Just standing there looking at me, while was on a dock. I was using LaChappa while wearing his wrestling out fit.   So I flexed my muscles and started to clobber him with a 2x4, till  that 2x4 broke.  He stood there and allowed to happen.   Then Jason grabbed me and headbutted my to death.

That^. shit is gold.  lol

• Like 1

On 12/17/2019 at 8:49 AM, Laotian Lam said:

Don't throw knives and risk ruining the match.  This glitch is just a bad as counselors that used to go onto the roof of buildings. 

It's actually worse, in my opinion.  And here is why...

Jason could also get on roofs to either kill counselors on it or chase them off.  Sure the people who went on the roof the entire time were annoying and depending on what roof they went on could drag out the round longer than it needed to but Jason was eventually going to get up there and end that crap.  I had many games where a counselor would go up there and as soon as they saw me up there with them, they just quit. 

Meanwhile with the car, as a counselor you're either killed by the car being knifed into oblivion, you end up off the map with no way to get back on and no way to be killed thus prolonged the match to the time limit, you end up falling through or flying over the world unable to move so you'll get kicked for not moving thus ending your round, or the game will just completely hiccup and even though no one is alive the round will go the full 20 minutes anyway - that happened to me last night when I mistakenly morphed near the car and sent it off to God knows where.  The person in the car eventually quit and the rest of the lobby was dead.  The game didn't end. 

So is the new thing as Jason don't morph near the car or else risk ruining the match?  

Barely playable. 

Basically it is considered less sporting by more skillful players. In other words anyone can slash. But not everyone can execute perfect shift grabs, morph on top of people, and out think and out maneuver the counselors. Those that can can crush a whole lobby without slashing. And it is annoying to get slashed when you know that's the only way Jason can get a kill. So in other words it requires more skill to kill without slashing and that is lauded by higher ranked players.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, CaptainGonzo66 said:

Basically it is considered less sporting by more skillful players. In other words anyone can slash. But not everyone can execute perfect shift grabs, morph on top of people, and out think and out maneuver the counselors. Those that can can crush a whole lobby without slashing. And it is annoying to get slashed when you know that's the only way Jason can get a kill. So in other words it requires more skill to kill without slashing and that is lauded by higher ranked players.

I would rather have that. A Jason that ONLY slashes is like hitting the lottery :) 

Welcome to the forum @CaptainGonzo66.

What constitutes a skilled player is subjective. You'd be surprised how many players struggle with slashing.

I agree that a Jason open to all kill options and uses them, is enjoyed more than a one-trick pony Jason.

@Summerofheat, people enjoy Jason players of all types. Those who only slash as Jason are not my personal favorite, but they do have their place in the grand scheme of things.

• Thanks 1

Grabbing someone is a lot easier than slashing them a few times. 

People will complain about the pocket knives so they'll hack someone down without using CS or block. 

All you need to do is CS yourself and light attack Jason while he's hacking away.  

You will either stun him, which then you can spray and just run away because the hit will give you stamina or grab the stamina and run away. 

Jasons are so afraid of the pocket knife and the stamina regen it gives a counselor but think nothing of the fact that they're allowing a counselor a free hit and stamina regen. 

Slashing someone, hitting them with a knife and then shift slashing them is way more skill than a shift grab.  Way more effort to kill someone too. 

On 12/17/2019 at 11:16 AM, HuDawg said:

Slashing, Chokes and Head Punches only Jasons players are the worst.  Dealing out the right kills at the right moment is what F13th is all about.

I personally can't do it.  Like, I have to be forced or put in a position to kill players like that.   Hell I don't even like doing the same kills period.

Which is why I HATE when Jasons players kill me in the lamest way possible.  

What gets me is when skilled players do this. I respect a player more who loses a counselor or two doing longer kills, or uses varied kills over the one who just spazzes out a quick choke because he's too afraid somebody might escape. 

On 12/19/2019 at 10:10 PM, CaptainGonzo66 said:

Here is my take on it. If you prep for it as a counselor, often times slasher Jason's are rather impotent. If you have a weapon and health spray you have the advantage. I'm not too worried about the low to mid tier slashers. If he wants to chase me around, slashing when he can, I'll just keep spraying while my pals call their dad or fix the car. 

I'm not too impressed with slashers. I'm also not impressed with the guy who keeps quick choking or head punching. It definitely requires more skill to shift grab or outmaneuver a foe to get the grab.

At the end of the day, I play with a consistent group and my stance has long been this. In matches with strangers, play how you want to play. in matches with pals, play the way the majority wants. If they get pissed because you only slash, and you won't adapt, you'll soon wonder why you're not getting invites to play. 

This is why I mute everyone. People will whine whether you slash, grab, knife, cheat, or play legit, so keep doing what you're doing :) 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, emchapps said:

This is why I mute everyone. People will whine whether you slash, grab, knife, cheat, or play legit, so keep doing what you're doing :) 

I agree. In fact, If I happen to slash - and someone whines - they ALL get slashed.....:) 

If i'm Jason, at least one person is getting slashed to death (if nothing else than to add variety), possibly more if Tommy spawns in, the sweater is taken, or somebody wants to go down fighting via 1v1. Some Jason's (such as p3/p4) I automatically assume are going to be slashers.

Most games I have played lately, I've come back as Tommy and have gotten slashed to death. They know Tommy comes with one pocket knife and don't feel like letting him use it. It's nothing to get mad over, really.

On 12/15/2019 at 9:35 AM, Sidetrack said:

You Rarely find med sprays

There are way to many med sprays in this game, I hope you are joking

• Thanks 1

I'll slash Tommy every time just to make sure he goes down. I don't want him finding the sweater girl and trapping me. I'll also start slashing in a crowd around the car or in cabins to slow people down. I prefer the grab kills but there's no shame in slashing. A kill is a kill. And sometimes you just need that counselor dead by any means necessary.

• Thanks 1

There's absolutely nothing wrong with just slashing counselors because it's part of the game. But, the people that only kill by slashing are generally the same people who use cheat codes, hacks, mods or glitches to their advantage. They don't have the skill to win games without help and, somehow, are happy to win that way. I don't understand that but, that's the way it is. So, if you only slash counselors just know that skilled players think you suck and they will probably tell you so.