So I just had a game, I came into the lobby and there was a loudmouth Seth Rogen sounding guy.

The game starts at Pinehurst and i'm Roy. I instantly spawn at the ranch to trap the phone. I go in and start slashing the first guy.

"What the f*** you f**?!" He yells at me.

I killed everyone by slashing them and 3 of them were shouting abuse at me calling me 'Trash'...??? I don't get it, it's a game feature yet i'm the f** cause I don't want to get pocket knived??

Then the game ends and Seth Rogen starts giving me abuse.  What's with this game and it's toxic fanbase?

There are certain characters (Vanessa and Tommy) and players in my group I always slash once I close in on them, because if I get pocket knifed by trying to grab them, it’s gonna take so much time to wear them down again. 

• Like 2

They hate slashers because  they have much less chance to get away. Either they have a pocket knife or they want a sliver of a chance to break out of a grab or have a friend rescue them. F*ck 'em. Keep slashing.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

They hate slashers because  they have much less chance to get away. Either they have a pocket knife or they want a sliver of a chance to break out of a grab or have a friend rescue them. F*ck 'em. Keep slashing.

👆This. If you want to slash as Jason, then by all means, slash the shit out of them. A good response to "You just slash, you're trash" is "Well, you're dead, so what does that make you?" :lol: No matter how you take out counselors, there is a good chance that someone in the lobby is going to have a problem with it. Hell, I remember trying a challenge in a match: Nothing but environmental kills. I ended up killing 5/8 that way. A guy in the lobby was calling me a show-off and hurling insults at me. I just laughed, and went to find a different lobby. I still have yet to get that perfect game with the cool kills, but I'm holing out faith that I will get it eventually.  Play your game the way you want to play it (within the rules, of course), and just ignore the haters.

• Like 1

If there happen to be a cool environmental kill possibility around I always try and go for it (even Tommy, let him have his onetime knife moment)

But, If the players are constantly abuse shit talking, I just slash them.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Ocular_Pat-down said:

Then the game ends and Seth Rogen starts giving me abuse.  What's with this game and it's toxic fanbase?

Humans are not too far removed from our primate ancestors. 

I don't think the abuse would be any different in any other game. People like variety. They don't wanna see someone do the same thing over and over again. And they also don't like losing. Put all of that together and you have your answer for why you got the abuse.

They'll abuse you if you slash. They'll abuse you if you grab. They'll abuse you if you make a mistake. They'll abuse you if you do a good job.

• Like 2

Slashing is a cheap kill.. And i mean cheap as in its unsatisfying dying to slashes..and its unsatisfying as Jason to slash people to death too.

I mean..  From a tactical stand point it makes sense to slash when you need to slow down a counselor in order to catch them.. Or you're out numbered so you just slash away.  Or you're low on time and you know the counselor has a pocket knife. 

But if all Jason does is slash constantly for kills,  its boring and annoying.  Same goes for Jasons that only does head punch kills.

When Jason got nerfed and counselors had 7 pocket knives i can easily understand all the slashing.  But now, if all a player does is slash.  That is a total lack of showmanship on the killers part. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, HuDawg said:

Slashing is a cheap kill.. And i mean cheap as in its unsatisfying dying to slashes..and its unsatisfying as Jason to slash people to death too.

I mean..  From a tactical stand point it makes sense to slash when you need to slow down a counselor in order to catch them.. Or you're out numbered so you just slash away.  Or you're low on time and you know the counselor has a pocket knife. 

But if all Jason does is the Slash constantly for kills,  its boring and annoying.  Same goes for Jasons that only does head punch kills.

When Jason got nerfed and counselors had 7 pocket knives i can easily understand all the slashing.  But now, if all a player does is slash.  That is to totally lack of showmanship on the killers part. 

I disagree with things you said, I have no idea how to put it into words without sounding insulting. So good job on making me think. But I respectfully disagree with showmanship in this game.

• Like 3

I'd wager more people would be complaining about it now because they have -5 defense.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, BFizzle said:

There are certain characters (Vanessa and Tommy) and players in my group I always slash once I close in on them, because if I get pocket knifed by trying to grab them, it’s gonna take so much time to wear them down again. 

Agreed, 

I have given up grabbing Tommy it's way quicker to hit him with a throwing knife making him use his med spray and just chop him down. 

Just now, Whitebabyjoker said:

I disagree with things you said, I have no idea how to put it into words without sounding insulting. So good job on making me think. But I respectfully disagree with showmanship in this game.

You can disagree all you want.. Im just telling you how it is.

Besides, a good Jason will put on a show and still kill everyone with as many different kills they can.    They don't need to slash everyone because they know its lame as fuck.

Real slasher movie fans will understand what im saying.  

I mean.. I could slash all the time too.  I just don't.   I only slash when i have too.  

• Like 1

You can disagree all you want.. Im just telling you how it is.

Besides, a good Jason will put on a show and still kill everyone with as many different kills they can.    They don't need to slash everyone because they know its lame as fuck.

Real slasher movie fans will understand what im saying.  

I mean.. I could slash all the time too.  I just don't.   I only slash when i have too.  

It's still very easy to play Jason. It was made easier with the recent patch. Personally I grab kill or environment kill everytime.

But if someone wants to slash kill everyone, they aren't less good at Jason. They just have a different play style. The only wrong way to play Jason is to be killed or fail to kill anyone. I understand your points but they seem selfish, (assuming no one is cheating/hacking) why can't people play how they want to?

Because is boring, lame, dumb etc. Is completely acceptable, but please elaborate if you will.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Whitebabyjoker said:

It's still very easy to play Jason. It was made easier with the recent patch. Personally I grab kill or environment kill everytime.

But if someone wants to slash kill everyone, they aren't less good at Jason. They just have a different play style. The only wrong way to play Jason is to be killed or fail to kill anyone. I understand your points but they seem selfish, (assuming no one is cheating/hacking) why can't people play how they want to?

Because is boring, lame, dumb etc. Is completely acceptable, but please elaborate if you will.

I think he's probably the type to shout abuse at Jason if he's being slashed lol. Doubt you'll get a reasonable response

• Like 2

Slash away and play to win. Don't let these clowns dissuade you. They can't talk trash from spectator mode.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Whitebabyjoker said:

why can't people play how they want to?

Because society is in place to let others know when they're not cool or out of bounds. 
That Seth Rogan-type person was providing social checks and balances. 

• Like 2

Just now, Whitebabyjoker said:

...I already elaborated.  I basically gave the exact reason as to why players get hate getting slashed to death and its nothing more then that.  Its pretty easy to understand why players don't like it.

Its not a different play style.  If anything its lack of style if all a player does is slash.  And style means alot of players like me.  Which is why i don't slash unless it makes sense too.

Even you don't slash all the time right?   So put yourself in a the mindset of a SLASH only mindset and you'll quickly see what i mean.  In order to slash only you have to disregard all COOL kills.   

• Like 1

It's the most effective way to dispatch a counselor. 

It's basically a fault in the game mechanics. Why take a chance that someone has a pocket knife when you can just slash them to death? 

The fuck ups with patches post-October made it even more a precedent.

• Like 1

I'm really getting sick of people complaining about slashing.  

As I've said before:

If you aren't slashing to win, you aren't trying to win.  Jason's job is to kill the counselors, not play by some sort of mythical code of honor.

Play to win the game.  End of discussion.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Jason is still inferior in combat. So I don't see much of an argument.

With swift attacker. Counselors can swing through Jason's melee and stun him...meanwhile his melee does NOTHING to them.

Makes sense.

21 minutes ago, Ocular_Pat-down said:

I think he's probably the type to shout abuse at Jason if he's being slashed lol. Doubt you'll get a reasonable response

Look man.    I smoke waaay to much weeed when i play this game. If anything Slashers put me to sleep.  So i have no idea how i could SHOUT ABUSE when im sleeping and waiting for this game to be over. Because  the Jason player is too gibbled to actually pull off any REAL kills. 

Besides I already gave you a reasonable response.  What? You want a cookie because you slashed everyone to death and players didn't like it.?    Imagine being in a lobby where all players in it will only slash as jason.    Imagine from now on everyone just SLASHING only..   YiPPE!!!

See for me.. I could slash EVERYONE too.  But theres a little voice in my head that says. "Jason shove his head into the toilet".  " Jason shove an axe into his balls".  "Jason smash his skull in with the Bird bath"

Look man.    I smoke waaay to much weeed when i play this game. If anything Slashers put me to sleep.  So i have no idea how i could SHOUT ABUSE when in sleeping and waiting for this game to be over because  the Jason player is to gibbled to actually pull off any REAL kills. 

Besides I already gave you a reasonable response.  What? You want a cookie because you slashed everyone to death and players didn't like it.?    Imagine being in a lobby where all players in it will only slash as jason.    Imagine from now on everyone just SLASHING only..   YiPPE!!!

See for me.. I could slash EVERYONE too.  But theres a little voice in my head that says. "Jason shove his head in the toilet".  " Jason shove an axe into his balls".  "Jason smash his skull in with the Bird bath"

I would love a slashing only lobby. As counselors we would escape most of the time.

And a slashing only style is a gameplay style. You can't discredit it. Yes it is quite boring, but if you're not Jason and they are, then it's not your problem. Here's a nice analogy, it's much easier to side steep and watch than it is to road block and demand. 

I know exactly what you mean. I agree with you, it's lame as shit to watch, especially if you die first. But oh well, do what I do, load another bowl and relax. You got about 10 min to the next game. Personally I sit outside and stare in my window, now that I put the TV and Xbox back inside. So I smoke a bowl. Kill a cig. Then back to Jason, I'm living the 80's as I play my man. Make your own fun. Sorry for rambling.

As a counselor, if you vote to take on Jason "Street-Fighter" style, then you vote for a slash-fest, and don't come crying when you realize just how shallow and unimaginative the exchange has been while you stare at your slashed corpse laying on the ground . . .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ocular_Pat-down said:

I killed everyone by slashing them

What's with this game and it's toxic fanbase?

I think the problem is actually you...  Not the TOXIC fan base.

Id fully except people to complain too if all did was slash.  Grow some balls dude..  Get some style. 

People don't play this game to get slashed non stop.. They want to be KILLED^  .  Like how that video is.  Imagine if that video was just SLASHING.  

I think you're the actual toxic player masked as a victim. :D

3 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

I think the problem is actually you...  Not the TOXIC fan base.

Id fully except people to complain too if all did was slash.  Grow some balls dude..  Get some style. 

People don't play this game to get slashed non stop.. They want to be KILLED^  .  Like how that video is.  Imagine if that video was just SLASHING.  

I think you're the actual toxic player masked as a victim. :D

I could tell from your first comment that my thread irked you :) i highly doubt you sit there in silence when you're being slayed, Cheech. You're the only one being toxic here

• Like 3

With less pocketknives I've seen less slashing, granted people still slash Tommy to death lol Just don't slash them all, just aim for Tommy