Just now, Ocular_Pat-down said:

I could tell from your first comment that my thread irked you :) i highly doubt you sit there in silence when you're being slayed, Cheech. You're the only one being toxic here

Judging by that comment you're the one irked, due to me telling it how it is.   Im extremely good at slashing anyways and so are MANY players.. its not like you're special because you can SLASH players.   WHoOooOp Deeee DDoOoO.

This topic = I Slashed everyone.. They complain..  THEY SO TOXIC.     (yet you sit there pretending like you don't understand why players don't like it)

6 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

Judging by that comment you're the one irked, due to me telling it how it is.   Im extremely good at slashing anyways and so are MANY players.. its not like you're special because you can SLASH players.   WHoOooOp Deeee DDoOoO.

This topic = I Slashed everyone.. They complain..  THEY SO TOXIC.     (yet you sit there pretending like you don't understand why players don't like it)

I'm not irked at all, I'm confused on why you're acting so defensive and frankly why you're projecting so much at the word 'slashing'? Like a shark to blood I guess. 

Anyway, claim you're not irked or toxic at all...but notice you're the only one here upset that you don't get to use your precious little pocket knives

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ocular_Pat-down said:

I'm not irked at all, I'm confused on why you're acting so defensive and frankly why you're projecting so much at the word 'slashing'? Like a shark to blood I guess. 

Anyway, claim you're not irked or toxic at all...but notice you're the only one here upset that you don't get to use your precious little pocket knives

Hey man. Don't poke the bear. He said his peace, his doesnt agree, and thats cool.

He is right, slashing is very boring to watch. It's still has style, just lacks pizzazz.

We all have different opinions and will NEVER agree, so instead of being antagonistic or rude, we should all just have a nice cup of stfu and move on.

We have a game where we can literally rip eachother heads off, why do we argue on a internet forum board?

1 hour ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

I'm really getting sick of people complaining about slashing.  

As I've said before:

If you aren't slashing to win, you aren't trying to win.  Jason's job is to kill the counselors, not play by some sort of mythical code of honor.

Play to win the game.  End of discussion.

I'm going to use your post as the basis for mine, based on your code of honor comment. My words are not directed at you per se', but serve as a general theme for my comments.

Quickplay, agreed. People should do what they want. 

With that said, I'm going to elaborate on private games. In a private setting, you need to have a good time and be sure others also have one. If your group as a majority wants Jason to do more than slash, or doesn't want spawn killing, or doesn't like counselors to leave cabin doors open, the best option is to run with that. Neither option is wrong in general, but may be wrong within some social circles. 

In our lobby for example, we expect Jason to not slash a majority to death, (unless you are being attacked) or to do the same kill over and over. We expect counselors to not hide under beds for large chunks of time while others take the risks and fix things. We expect that counselors not leave doors open as they dash cabin to cabin looking for gear. We expect that counselors don't help Jason find kills. Etc. People who can't abide by these house rules get notified once we see them in game. If these players basically tell us to fuck off (whether verbally or simply by disregarding the consensus) we'll part ways. Some people are not good fits for some groups.  

26 minutes ago, Whitebabyjoker said:

Hey man. Don't poke the bear. He said his peace, his doesnt agree, and thats cool.

He is right, slashing is very boring to watch. It's still has style, just lacks pizzazz.

We all have different opinions and will NEVER agree, so instead of being antagonistic or rude, we should all just have a nice cup of stfu and move on.

We have a game where we can literally rip eachother heads off, why do we argue on a internet forum board?

I feel you but he's asking for it, I'm finding the exchange amusing, the dude needs to learn to chill out. I get he doesn't like slashing but why should he end it as 'you slashers are trash' when he's being the only argumentative person here? 

Judging by your posts in the thread you seem very fair so I do respond respectfully....and yes it's a great game. I've played it pretty much every weekend/day off since launch :)

• Like 2

Slashing is a game mechanic used to kill councillors.

So slash. Kill councillors.

As we've all seen the kills a million times over, I've found saving the grab kills for the latter survivors actually makes them into a reward. 

• Like 1

>grab people 

“HA, BITCH EAT MY POCKET KNIFE!”

>slash people 

“NOOB, WHY DIDN’T YOU GRAB ME?!”

Basically what I experience as Jason on a daily basis.

because its boring to die that way if you're gonna kill me atleast do one of the animation kills on me 

3 minutes ago, pioneer67fkd said:

because its boring to die that way if you're gonna kill me atleast do one of the animation kills on me 

So you, as Vanessa can poke Jason in the neck a couple of times and teabag him?  I'm all for slashing.  When you're Jason there is always so much going on, if I can finish someone off in 5 seconds by slashing, I'm doing it.

• Like 1

Just now, MJDrocks said:

So you, as Vanessa can poke Jason in the neck a couple of times and teabag him?  I'm all for slashing.  When you're Jason there is always so much going on, if I can finish someone off in 5 seconds by slashing, I'm doing it.

i almost never play vanessa unless i go random counselor i mostly use kenny or jenny lately and i don't teabag to tell the truth i don't swing at jason unless i absolutely have to

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pioneer67fkd said:

i almost never play vanessa unless i go random counselor i mostly use kenny or jenny lately and i don't teabag to tell the truth i don't swing at jason unless i absolutely have to

I"m not talking about you specifically.  I'm talking about the quick play lobbies where at least 2-3 people use Vanessa and just speed loot the entire map looking for pocket knives.

Just now, MJDrocks said:

I"m not talking about you specifically.  I'm talking about the quick play lobbies where at least 2-3 people use Vanessa and just speed loot the entire map looking for pocket knives.

yes agree fully thats why i rarely play qp

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Risinggrave said:

I'm going to use your post as the basis for mine, based on your code of honor comment. My words are not directed at you per se', but serve as a general theme for my comments.

Quickplay, agreed. People should do what they want. 

With that said, I'm going to elaborate on private games. In a private setting, you need to have a good time and be sure others also have one. If your group as a majority wants Jason to do more than slash, or doesn't want spawn killing, or doesn't like counselors to leave cabin doors open, the best option is to run with that. Neither option is wrong in general, but may be wrong within some social circles. 

In our lobby for example, we expect Jason to not slash a majority to death, (unless you are being attacked) or to do the same kill over and over. We expect counselors to not hide under beds for large chunks of time while others take the risks and fix things. We expect that counselors not leave doors open as they dash cabin to cabin looking for gear. We expect that counselors don't help Jason find kills. Etc. People who can't abide by these house rules get notified once we see them in game. If these players basically tell us to fuck off (whether verbally or simply by disregarding the consensus) we'll part ways. Some people are not good fits for some groups.  

You better knock it off with your well-reasoned and analytical opinions.  This is the INTERNET, DAMMIT! Come at me with ad hominem arguments and gaps in logic bigger than the gaps in Mike Strahan's teeth:

michael-strahan-3.jpg

Edited by Bropollocreed79
Edited because words are hard and stuff...
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, HuDawg said:

Besides, a good Jason will put on a show and still kill everyone with as many different kills they can

:) with the new update to jasons grab shift grabs are almost guaranteed for me and playing a + shift jason i get a shift grab every like 18 seconds. at this point i can pull of 5 different environmental kills like the chair one or the tree impalings and all that every game, with double xp weekend im getting like 4000xp as jason if the host doesnt quit or the connection to em isnt lost. i got no problem with slashers, infact i love when slashers are in the lobby because they give me plenty second chances as i can easily run away from a slasher. if they grabbed me instead id die because i never really find pocket knives. i have a special respect for these because slashing is infact harder to pull off, especially after the update now where most pocket knives have been removed and the grab distance has been enhanced.

I look at these game , as a game of wits, tricks and tactics. And so far the more "calm" I was the better at surviving I was ( doesnt mean I always survived ), etc. So if a Jason starts slashing me to avoid being stunned by nerby survivors, I see that as a tactic. His goal is to kills us all after all. 

2 hours ago, HuDawg said:

People don't play this game to get slashed non stop.. They want to be KILLED^

Or they want a chance to open up the game menu or console guide and quit before the kill starts.

Slasher jason’s are easier to go up against so i don’t know why people bitch about it. Med sprays are still easier to find and using medic and thick skin makes it harder to get slashed to death before being able to stun jason. Especially with the decrease of pocket knives i feel relieved when i hear the jason is a slasher. however if you get dead first it’s a quite boring game to watch the jason swing aimlessly at counselors.

1 hour ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

You better knock it off with your well-reasoned and analytical opinions.  This is the INTERNET, DAMMIT! Come at me with ad hominem arguments and gaps in logic bigger than the gaps in Mike Strahan's teeth:

Hahaha. 

Well, in that case slashers are bad people and should be drowned alongside kittens and orphans! 

3 minutes ago, Riot_Dame said:

Slasher jason’s are easier to go up against so i don’t know why people bitch about it. Med sprays are still easier to find and using medic and thick skin makes it harder to get slashed to death before being able to stun jason. Especially with the decrease of pocket knives i feel relieved when i hear the jason is a slasher. however if you get dead first it’s a quite boring game to watch the jason swing aimlessly at counselors.

One of the reasons our lobby has expectations. If you're gonna sit out a majority of a game, hopefully it's fun to watch.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Risinggrave said:

One of the reasons our lobby has expectations. If you're gonna sit out a majority of a game, hopefully it's fun to watch.

It’s not too bad to watch when the FRIENDS theme song is still on replay in my head. Especially when i watch you get dead.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ocular_Pat-down said:

, I'm confused on why you're acting so defensive and frankly why you're projecting so much at the word 'slashing'? Like a shark to blood I guess. 

Look, im not toxic.. Im flammable. Im a different kind of safety hazard.  :D

Seriously tho, In my 1st response i laid my reasons from both sides..  As Jason and a counselor.  It has nothing to do with pocket knives. (but now i see your problem).  Hell i prefer to play as Jason so your "precious pocket knife' comment is lost on me.

Theres only 2-3 pocket knives per map.. 4 maybe If Tommy gets called in.  I gives NO shit about a pocket knife when playing Jason.  Slashing is 4 play...  Grab kills is the MONEY SHOT.  And a few pocket knives ain't going to ruin the mood for me.

You wanna go around slashing all players to death because you're scared of pocket knives..  Thats your choice.    But if you want to know why people don't like it i've laid it all out for ya.  Don't hate the players because you won't put out as Jason.

1 hour ago, jahzaveamanaie said:

i have a special respect for these because slashing is infact harder to pull off, especially after the update now where most pocket knives have been removed and the grab distance has been enhanced.

I find slashing incredibly easy.    Got alot of practice in when that update doubled all pocket knives and again with offline bots.  I usually like to go in with a Shift Slash, Throwing Knife.. Slash combo.  And then try and herd the limping counselor near a kill zone before snatchin' his ass.

I like to play Random Jasons..  Helps with the slow ones when i open up like that..lol

2 hours ago, Riot_Dame said:

It’s not too bad to watch when the FRIENDS theme song is still on replay in my head. Especially when i watch you get dead.

We all know you are the last one alive, two riot sticks and medic ready, praying it's not a slasher. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Risinggrave said:

We all know you are the last one alive, two riot sticks and medic ready, praying it's not a slasher. 

It's funny cause it's true

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Thatguyinktown said:

It's funny cause it's true

I came here for a good time and honestly i’m feeling so attacked right now.