Sign in to follow this  
Chetork

Is the random map more likely to give Jarvis?

I've been playing a lot of quick play recently and a lot of the time people just leave it on random.

When it's on random though I feel like Jarvis House is significantly picked over any other map, it may just be me, but is there something in the algorithm that gives it a greater chance?

I’m not aware of any to be honest. However I completely stopped playing the game due to the amount of people picking Pinehurst. I absolutely hate that map. Sometime the last second before the match starts I watch as the host will switch over to Pinehurst.

Im not sure if that’s the case in quickmatch but there are times where the random option gets stuck picking the same map over & over again. Usually if I’m hosting I’ll either restart the session or choose the maps myself by cycling through the list.

You could tell the host to pick a different map. I do believe that option is still available in quickplay.

Just now, Tattooey said:

I’m not aware of any to be honest. However I completely stopped playing the game due to the amount of people picking Pinehurst. I absolutely hate that map. Sometime the last second before the match starts I watch as the host will switch over to a Pinehurst.

Im not sure if that’s the case in quickmatch but there are times where the random option gets stuck picking the same map over & over again. Usually if I’m hosting I’ll either restart the session or choose the maps myself by cycling through the list.

I don't like pinehurst either but I still think Jarvis is the worst offender of large spaced out map.

Just played a game the other day we had the car fixed and was searching everywhere for the keys. The car spawned in the southwest and when it finally got down to 2 counselors we found the keys in the northernmost house...

4 minutes ago, Chetork said:

I don't like pinehurst either but I still think Jarvis is the worst offender of large spaced out map.

Just played a game the other day we had the car fixed and was searching everywhere for the keys. The car spawned in the southwest and when it finally got down to 2 counselors we found the keys in the northernmost house...

Ya I seem to have that very same issue on that map as well. It always gets down to the last part that cannot be found until there’s only 1 or 2 people left.

What was worse is when the parts didn’t show up on the map before the patch that added them. Which made it a living hell trying to search through every single cabin & then every single dead counselor to see if one of the parts are there. If somebody escaped then I would have to search along the shore line to see if it washed up anywhere & with the map being so damn large it’s no easy task.

1 minute ago, Tattooey said:

Ya I seem to have that very same issue on that map as well. It always gets down to the last part that cannot be found until there’s only 1 or 2 people left.

What was worse is when the parts didn’t show up on the map before the patch that added them. Which made it a living hell trying to search through every single cabin & then every single dead counselor to see if one of the parts are there. If somebody escaped then I would have to search along the shore line to see if it washed up anywhere & with the map being so damn large it’s no easy task.

Yeah agreed that's the biggest problem with large spaced out maps like Pinehurst and Jarvis is actually finding the parts. The other thing that sucks is fixers trying to move around as most of them are below 5 stamina and can barely make distance before the map hits the halfway point.

On small maps, parts should be randomized to spawn in ANY cabin (like they do on Jarvis).

On Jarvis and Pinehurst, parts should be more likely to spawn nearish to their associated objective (like most maps currently).

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Chetork said:

Pinehurst is worse, IMO, because of all the water.  It limits counselor escape routes.

I find Part 8 and Part 7 to be pretty fun on Pinehurst. The water is a great tool, especially for Part 7 whose a turtle on land but with all the water, especially in the center. Its great. I'm glad  the devs had the balls to actually make the boat escape permanent. It never sat well with me that they had one of their gameplay features only a random chance of spawning on half the stock maps. They corrected that with the new maps. I think what turns people off is they have no defense against Jason in the water (too bad) and the propeller is SO HARD TO FIND.

Then you have tards that hold onto the parts until they die, so you'll never see them unless they die/drop them, drop them after finding them, etc making the whole experience tedious. People say they want more item spawns outside especially if cabins are nearly empty. I think the playerbase would throw a fit if objective items spawned OUTSIDE.

I still find the small maps insufferable in favor of counselor.

Give Jason all his abilities at twice the speed or just give him all his abilities minus rage to start and then I'd be ok with the small maps.

I'd still probably like to make the escapes more random on small maps. Maybe force the counselors hands a bit more, but that wouldn't go over well.

For me I get Higgins Haven Small most of the time I run random. Waiting for them to add a separate ‘Random large map’ option, not a fan of the small maps.

I've noticed that "Random" anything (maps, counselor, jason) will sometimes get a Boner for something in particular, and then just stick with it. I've had it where it picks crystal lake 3 times out of 4 maps, or I'll get picked the same counselor 3 out of 4 times. It's weird.