CPLhicks31

So many players don't know what Stalk is

About 25% of the time I get a stalk kill people either think I cheated for turning off Jasons music, or ask me how I did it. It leads me to believe many players just play Jason in a one dimensional manor and haven't bothered to give stalk a chance.

I'm not saying this to brag, it actually just suprises me.

I know what stalk is, it keeps players from hearing Jason's music and allows Jason to move quietly through the camp. It plays a big part in listening to campers and finding out what they are doing and sneaking up on them.

5 minutes ago, CPLhicks31 said:

About 25% of the time I get a stalk kill people either think I cheated for turning off Jasons music, or ask me how I did it. It leads me to believe many players just play Jason in a one dimensional manor and haven't bothered to give stalk a chance.

I'm not saying this to brag, it actually just suprises me.

It's true, I had a guy say I hacked the game because I walked in his cabin in stalk...

They need to remove the counselor screams when Jason is in stalk mode. 

The counselor knows your nearby but the player controlling the counselor doesn't know it. When they scream its a blown cover for Jason.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Loading said:

The counselor knows your nearby but the player controlling the counselor doesn't know it. When they scream its a blown cover for Jason.

True, that's what I told that guy. The cabin was dark, I was stalking in a dark corner. When his Tiffany came near she screamed, afterward I asked if he heard it and he said. "Yeah, what does it matter?" Ughhhhh!

7 minutes ago, Loading said:

agreed wtf

I was stalking a guy for 30 seconds yesterday and he was about to climb out the window I was waiting for and his counselor screamed so he backed up.

He even told me in voice chat that he was going to go outside and we laughed about it but it's still annoying :/

36 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

I know what stalk is, it keeps players from hearing Jason's music and allows Jason to move quietly through the camp until some dipshit randomly screams despite not even seeing you.

Fixed.

1 minute ago, Dr. Lecter said:

Fixed.

Alright I get the point I'm not all that smart

But please eat my liver with some nice fava beans

It's kind of sad a little bit, if it's hardcore like fans who are NOW knowing about F13 the game.

I would think they would research and look at all the playthrough videos that Gun Media has to offer

on their youtube channel. Plus these forums are good help too as well. For any non hardcore F13 fan and

people just wanting to see how the game is like. I don't really hold anything against them much, I'll just let them know

what the do is. An if they go bat shit crazy I'll let them wallow in their pity. Not your fault if you using the controls how they

were intended, and if people say you are quote on quote "cheating" you just have a sharper accuracy then anyone else really.

An most people are disoriented when a survivor which people forget, you have to use what you are dealt with which is not a lot.

So people need to look at themselves 1st if they are a counselor.

I get Stalk kills every Jason round and most of them come from me walking up on them out in the open.

8 hours ago, Redrum138 said:

It's true, I had a guy say I hacked the game because I walked in his cabin in stalk...

8 hours ago, CPLhicks31 said:

About 25% of the time I get a stalk kill people either think I cheated for turning off Jasons music, or ask me how I did it.

There should be official, in-game, guides for players. You can't blame the players for not knowing and for not scouring YouTube. 

Those people that claim cheating sound like players in their first week.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WashingtonJones said:

I get Stalk kills every Jason round and most of them come from me walking up on them out in the open.

There should be official, in-game, guides for players. You can't blame the players for not knowing and for not scouring YouTube. 

Those people that claim cheating sound like players in their first week.

Agreed. More in depth in game guides would have been helpful for many, still would. An awful lot is left to players to figure out on their own and this can be an unforgiving game for both Jason and counsellors.

• Like 1

That's unfortunate. I would love if Jason players used Stalk more often. It makes me remember of the movies, where the victim was killed by surprise.

It takes a certain amount of patience to pull off a stalk kill. Most people new to the game are in such a frenzy they cannot imagine standing still and watching someone stealthily.

15 hours ago, Loading said:

I'd support this if they replaced it with having your controller vibrate, similar to when you morph into an area as Jason with counselors around . I see the scream as having that sensation that you're being watched, or that someone is close to you.  This way, you can still use stalk, and counselors have to pay attention to all stimuli to be successful.