I still want "Bad for Good" by Skullfist. Great hair metal song by a newer band like Crazy Lixx.

Imagine Creeping Death!

Metallica might be cool enough to give a good price to let one of their early songs in.

Wait Lars is in Metallica. 

Ok scratch that idea.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

Imagine Creeping Death!

Metallica might be cool enough to give a good price to let one of their early songs in.

Wait Lars is in Metallica. 

Ok scratch that idea.

Metallica is a very famous band, his songs would be too expensive even today.

Hard Rock Summer by Alice Cooper. This is the song playing when Megan is being chased by the cops in Part 6.

Feed My Frankenstein, Teenage Frankenstein, Man Behind The Mask, Poison - Alice Cooper

2 Minutes To Midnight - Iron Maiden

Madhouse - Anthrax

Raining Blood - Slayer

Nice Day For a Funeral - Overkill

I know it is a pipe dream, but would be killer to have any or all of these.

27 minutes ago, jameson87 said:

Feed My Frankenstein, Teenage Frankenstein, Man Behind The Mask, Poison - Alice Cooper

2 Minutes To Midnight - Iron Maiden

Madhouse - Anthrax

Raining Blood - Slayer

Nice Day For a Funeral - Overkill

I know it is a pipe dream, but would be killer to have any or all of these.

I think I just found my playlist for work today.  One can never have enough Iron Maiden (or Slayer for that matter).

22 minutes ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

I think I just found my playlist for work today.  One can never have enough Iron Maiden (or Slayer for that matter).

Agreed. I have been on a Slayer kick since they announced retirement. I can never get enough of them Maiden, Overkill, Pantera or Megadeth. Pantera just wouldn't fit because of the era, unless it was included through the grendel map.

"Creeping Death" and "Trapped Under Ice" by Metallica, "96 Quite Bitter Beings" by CKY, "South of Heaven", "Angel of Death", and "Raining Blood" by Slayer, "Ritual" and "Square Hammer" by Ghost B.C, and anything by Alice Cooper. Would also love to hear some Michael Jackson and Prince. I know none of this would ever happen, but a boy can dream. 

• Like 1

Scratch that. Pantera's The Will To Survive would most certainly fit. Lyrics are perfect, and it has that dated 80's sound. Great song.

It would be nice if the devs set up the radio to pull songs from a local music folder, even if it couldn't be shared in game.  Someone in the community could record a custom "NPR" news alerting people of a possible killer on the loose or do a nice public access fishing and camping show like Car Talk warning of the dangers of roasting marshmellows

And for my choice...

Joe Egan and Gerry Rafferty were a duo known as Steelers Wheel when they recorded this Dylan-esque pop bubblegum favorite from April of 1974. They reached up to number 5 as K-Billy's super sounds of the 70's continues.

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Trish said:

It would be nice if the devs set up the radio to pull songs from a local music folder, even if it couldn't be shared in game.  Someone in the community could record a custom "NPR" news alerting people of a possible killer on the loose or do a nice public access fishing and camping show like Car Talk warning of the dangers of roasting marshmellows

And for my choice...

Joe Egan and Gerry Rafferty were a duo known as Steelers Wheel when they recorded this Dylan-esque pop bubblegum favorite from April of 1974. They reached up to number 5 as K-Billy's super sounds of the 70's continues.

Great idea and choice. Love me some Steeler's Wheel. And to add to my last post about Pantera, The Sleep also would be fitting lyrically "This question haunts my mind, will we survive this night?" As well as the music and vocals show casing their glam and 80's influence perfectly.

I definitely agree with the OP about the list of songs chosen, but Teenage Frankenstein and Darkest Side of the Night are two others that should definitely make the cut.

Most of these songs are expensive to use but if we could at least get the ones from the movie:

Teenage Frankenstein 

He’s Back (the Man Behind the Mask)

His Eyes

Darkest Side of the Night 

I would be okay with it. 

What I would LIKE to see added which would most likely not happen are these:

The Cars - Heartbeat City

Eurythmics - Sweet Dreams

Alphaville - Forever Young

Shannon - Let The Music Play

Corey Hart - Sunglasses At Night

Edited by Survivor11
Did not complete

If only my radio station was web streaming (it's in the works, i promise!)  The playlist is based on college party music over the last 60 years and when you get a period accurate song that matches up, it's awesome. 

Last night I was running away from Jason when Blondie's One Way or Another came on.  I've also been playing as a counselor when A Flock of Seagulls' I Ran (So Far Away) popped up.

My favorite, though, is when I was Adam, cops are at the exit, I have a bat, I have firecrackers, I have a knife, I have a spray and the outgoing guitar solo to Black Sabbath's Iron Man comes up as Im running.  All I can think is "Where's that Vorhees boy?"

@Ghostboy20

Pat Benatar - Love Is A Battlefield

Billy Idol - Rebel Yell

Men At Work - Down Under

All are on my station ;)

@PlayerAgainstTheMachine

Whip it from DEVO and I melt with you by Modern English.

IMWY is on it, and you won't have to twist my arm to add Whip It.

@Goodgodman

Jessie’s girl - yep!

@TiffanyxAJ

I think we're alone now - Tiffany - Have it, both that and the Tommy James & The Shondells version

@WashingtonJones

Let It Be - The Beatles

Crazy - Knarls Barkley - yep

@Blaisy-Bas

Africa from Toto - Mmmhmm

@Survivor11

The Cars - Heartbeat City (I have plenty from The Cars, not sure if this one's in there)

Alphaville - Forever Young - all yes.

Edited by Thatguyinktown
Added more tracks and attributions
  • Like 3

I know the title of this song does not sound right for Friday the 13th, but how about Saturday Night by the Misfits. The song itself would go good with the game and the misfits sound fits in with the 80's timeline of the game. I know the song came out after the 80's (can't remember what year) but the Misfits style has not changed much since the 70's.
   Other songs by the Misfits that could also fit in well here: Walk Among Us, Hunting Humans (written based on Night of the Living Dead, but can still fit in here), Horror Business, Die, Die My Darling, All Hell Breaks Loose.
   I know the Misfits are not for everyone, but these songs do fit the mood of the game.
   For people who are not Misfits fans: Till Death do us Party (actually written about Friday the 13th), Bad Things, Kill you Before You Kill Me, Morgue Than Words (all by Wednesday 13.) Let us not forget songs like; Beer Drinking Party by Teenage Head, Round and Round by Ratt (great for those ring around the rosy chases that happen all over the maps), or some good driving songs like Hot Rod Lincoln by Commander Cody or Slick Black Cadillac by Quiet Riot that come on only over the car's radio. If you haven't noticed, my taste in music does lean towards punk rock, but I don't mind anything that does not vaguely sound like rap or dance music. I just think these tunes would be a good fit for the mood / style of this game.
   Any other song in the any of the movies also fits here, but the rights for them would not come with the rights they already have. In the end, its all about the money. If it costs too much, we would never see it in the game. If the rights to anything else do not fit into their budget, we will not see that either.
   Rights to songs by popular bands just cost too much. I doubt we will see more songs come into the game, but if we do, they will not be from the most popular bands.

1 hour ago, Thatguyinktown said:

If only my radio station was web streaming (it's in the works, i promise!)  The playlist is based on college party music over the last 60 years and when you get a period accurate song that matches up, it's awesome. 

Last night I was running away from Jason when Blondie's One Way or Another came on.  I've also been playing as a counselor when A Flock of Seagulls' I Ran (So Far Away) popped up.

My favorite, though, is when I was Adam, cops are at the exit, I have a bat, I have firecrackers, I have a knife, I have a spray and the outgoing guitar solo to Black Sabbath's Iron Man comes up as Im running.  All I can think is "Where's that Vorhees boy?"

@Ghostboy20

Pat Benatar - Love Is A Battlefield

Billy Idol - Rebel Yell

Men At Work - Down Under

All are on my station ;)

@PlayerAgainstTheMachine

Whip it from DEVO and I melt with you by Modern English.

IMWY is on it, and you won't have to twist my arm to add Whip It.

@Goodgodman

Jessie’s girl - yep!

@TiffanyxAJ

I think we're alone now - Tiffany - Have it, both that and the Tommy James & The Shondells version

@WashingtonJones

Let It Be - The Beatles

Crazy - Knarls Barkley - yep

@Blaisy-Bas

Africa from Toto - Mmmhmm

@Survivor11

The Cars - Heartbeat City (I have plenty from The Cars, not sure if this one's in there)

Alphaville - Forever Young - all yes.

We need those songs in the game like now lol.

• Like 1