Sign in to follow this  
Brigadius

Now would be a great time for an official contest

@ShiftySamurai

With no updates coming for a minimum of 2 months it would be a great time for a contest or giveaway. The prize doesn't even have to be anything extraordinary. A clothing or kill pack or even just player recognition would probably suffice. This section is completely under utilized. Give the fans something to look forward to while they wait for this long off update. You could do a giveaway or a contest of some sort with a prize to the winner. A contest would get the community involved more rather than a random drawing of submitted names. 

Example fan art contest:

Members submit their best fan art privately to a gun email account. Gun chooses their top 3 and posts a poll with the 3 pieces displayed for the members to vote on. Winner gets prize. 

There's like a ton of contest ideas you could run with in addition to random drawings. Would like to see this section get some action in the near future.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, Brigadius said:

There's like a ton of contest ideas you could run with in addition to random drawings. Would like to see this section get some action in the near future.

That's a damn good idea Brig. Like you said, there wouldn't even need to be a tangible prize. Just something to get the community involved and working towards something.

• Like 2

They could test run the challenges that will eventually be at the bottom of their web site, or toss a daily thing up. Between steam, PS4, xbone. Number of dead counselors in one day, who wins.  Number of escapes in a week.I hope that someone sees this thread, @ShiftySamurai, I mean now would be a good time to do any of the OP's suggestions.

edit - why can't I give him both a trophy, and a heart, @Brigadius deserves them both?

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

edit - why can't I give him both a trophy, and a heart, @Brigadius deserves them both?

I got you!

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

@Truth, thanks

I threw in another trophy, just for the hell of it. This is a great idea.

• Like 2

On 12/02/2018 at 6:00 PM, Rexfellis said:

I threw in another trophy, just for the hell of it. This is a great idea.

And another heart because why the hell not.

• Like 2

I still don't get why they even made this section if they weren't going to use it... This is a very underutilized tool that the devs have to keep people playing. A charity event and pc giveaway do not count as an official contest or challenge...

I'm sure they would get a decent influx of players if they would just do something here.

• Like 1

Yeah all there has been is a streaming charity event and a PC giveaway. Neither really creates community interaction. Giveaways are good and all but I would like to see something that gets the community involved. In game competition, forum contest, something. 

• Like 1