deathsia

Growing concern about the dwindling playerbase

With the latest update giving Jason his(much needed) buff the players who stuck around for no other reason than the thrill of trolling Jason have left the game and at first this sounds like a great thing...Until you realize that they made up 20% of the remaining playerbase and then you almost want them back out of a desire to keep the game alive more than anything...

I don't understand how a shitty game like Dead By Daylight with it's stupid repetitive gameplay mechanics and horrid community could be outdoing this game which is far better in so many ways.

• Like 1

I play on consoles and the game is more populated there. The PC isn't the universal figure.

• Like 3

Yeah goodbye trolls, soon the players will come back once more stuff is added. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think the biggest mistake Gun Media made was releasing this game too early. Yes, I know, it was delayed multiple times, but I honestly think if they would've waited and released it a year later, they could've put the game out with all of it's current content AT LAUNCH, including all the Jasons except Jason X, Virtual Cabin 2, bots,  etc, and then instead of getting bug fixes and what not, we'd be getting the engine update and single player challenges as our first update. If they would've got their crap together instead of putting out an unfinished game at launch, you  wouldn't have people leaving in droves. Don't get me wrong, I love this game, but I can understand it from an outsider perspective.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Papppus said:

This game is too complex for the average gamer and also doesnt do a  nice job of introducing beginners to critical mechanics that make the games more than opening drawers for 5 minutes into shiftgrab.

Additionally Jason can still be bullied as before. People that can't bully him anymore because of a minorly buffed grab weren't good at it before either.

No he can't, those people who can "still bully him" as you say more often than not are using a hack engine such as a stun hack or instant repair/start car hacks.

ROFL "too complex".  What a joke.  This game is actually quite shallow in the grand scheme of games.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Papppus said:

If you are any good with the game you will understand that the Jason even tried to block but couldn't due to sheer volume of hits. He could have tried to shift away but most likely would have ended up still inside that circle.

Just a random funny video posted a couple of minutes ago on discord.

That savini apparently stopped playing the game after the match. Wonder why.

There's being bullied and then there's being stupid. This is the latter.

11 hours ago, Papppus said:

Feel free to test your mettle against the best players and get your ass handed to ya. Every single move of jason is punishable and good players will do so. But obviously in this situation you have done what? Run away and achieve what? Hoping for the mop to dissipate and grow bored?

Precisely, one or more will eventually split from the group once they realize I'm not longer hanging around to be a punching dummy. Stalk+shift and presto, 1 down 6 to go.

• Like 1

Valid concern.

Pappus and his group of dick heads is making it really annoying for PC players. I think most have said "fuck it" until the new engine drops. Some will probably return to check out the new engine. If the new engine doesn't deliver, the game will die faster than a solo LaChappa.

10 hours ago, Papppus said:

Are all good players dick heads now or are they automatically affiliated with me because they are good... hmmmmmmmm

Good players don't have to abuse exploits, Pappus.

That one match a few months ago where you were trying to car surf and it didn't work and I killed you was pretty great though. :lol:

Or when one of your minions fucks up the exploit and they rage quit. That's funny too.

There's nothing good about you or any of the people you play with. You're all just scum.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Papppus said:

Feel free to test your mettle against the best players and get your ass handed to ya. Every single move of jason is punishable and good players will do so. But obviously in this situation you have done what? Run away and achieve what? Hoping for the mop to dissipate and grow bored?

Why do you have to be such a dick? And yes, you're a troll. It's your gimmick. Don't try to be Dr Disrespect. It seems that a lot more good-natured people are making A LOT of money as streamers.

You're one of the few people that have a true understanding of the game. Why do you have to be so public about how to take advantage of it? What happened? Did you once give the devs a valid suggestion that they ignored? You gotta remember, Germans have a colder, swifter demeanor. You gotta approach Americans a little bit warmer and a little bit slower. They might have listened to you, but you turned them off somewhere along the lines.  

I guess I can understand this dissemination of exploit-info as some form of protest to the fact that the devs don't seem to take care of it for whatever reason. It does seem more likely that you're trying gain a couple extra hundred more Euros because cheating (or exploiting) is interesting to watch and there is an audience for people that simply like to fuck with people. There's less obvious ways to do that. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

Why do you have to be such a dick? And yes, you're a troll. It's your gimmick. Don't try to be Dr Disrespect. It seems that a lot more good-natured people are making A LOT of money as streamers.

You're one of the few people that have a true understanding of the game. Why do you have to be so public about how to take advantage of it? What happened? Did you once give the devs a valid suggestion that they ignored? You gotta remember, Germans have a colder, swifter demeanor. You gotta approach Americans a little bit warmer and a little bit slower. They might have listened to you, but you turned them off somewhere along the lines.  

I guess I can understand this dissemination of exploit info as some form of protest to the fact that the devs don't seem to take care of it for whatever reason. It does seem more likely that you're trying gain a couple extra hundred more Euros because cheating (or exploiting) is interesting to watch and there is an audience for people that simply like to fuck people. There's less obvious ways to do that. 

I'd probably be just like him if I looked anything like this:

This guy clearly fucks...

7 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

I guess I can understand this dissemination of exploit-info as some form of protest to the fact that the devs don't seem to take care enough to fix it for whatever reason. It does seem more likely that you're trying gain a couple extra hundred more Euros because cheating (or exploiting) is interesting to watch and there is an audience for people that simply like to fuck with people. There's less obvious ways to do that. 

I don't always agree with you, Washington, but I think you're spot on here. And Pappus's contributions to this thread so far amount to bragging and insults, which is too bad because he is clearly a very intelligent gamer/player.

Sure, Jason can be bullied still... But not by just anyone and if the Jason player is pretty good, the bullying won't last too long. Pappus is really oversimplifying Jason with his statement.

4 hours ago, Ghostboy20 said:

Yeah goodbye trolls, soon the players will come back once more stuff is added. 

First part, yes...second part, hahahaha.

Just now, Dr. Lecter said:

First part, yes...second part, hahahaha.

Well whenever they add stuff people come back for, Part 4 Jason, players were back, part 5 players were back. Right now it's gonna be small amount of players. 

Honestly OP I don't understand either.

I'm in love with a lot of pc games and this one as well.

I feel F13 is more visually pleasing to the eye, and there is more

of a slasher movie survivor perspective to it as well. Even though Dbd

is a slasher too it's like a hill billy in the mountains type slasher. I prefer the clean

modern they seeming kids going to camp and using what they got to survive, it closely relates more.

(I know they have myers for that in dbd but it's not the main gimmick)

An what slashers were founded on through the 70's,80s,90s and present. Don't care to much for wrong turn or

the hill have eyes spin off's (Referring to Dbd). Anyways for me it's perspective I want to be in a survival slasher movie not a game to test and

see how scared I am and of by what? Hearing the Dev's in the beginning on how they talked about Dbd I feel like I'm being evaluated 

on my mental capability. I feel the Pc version of F13 is the best I honestly believed it was more tuned for PC then anything else.

Consoles can be so chaotic now from seeing how things are going now with it. I wouldn't dare play an mmo on console as well, doesn't feel right.

Also to add with the playerbase I feel since people were comparing the two I felt most people just went to Dbd for the content basically.

They are somewhat similar in a blueprint concept besides certain add ons, people went there since the creators of Dbd has big man power from

working on BIGGER titles. I feel people still like or love F13 for itself or the concept. They are just players who hate to wait. There is no amount of time

that this small team of Dev's can fit everyones needs, and don't forget HALF of the playerbase are new people aka babies/teens/kids who wanna put their input

where I feel like it doesn't matter since this is a M for mature game. 

Pappus' definition of fair and balanced gameplay:

2sZmL2i.gif

9 hours ago, CPLhicks31 said:

Sure, Jason can be bullied still... But not by just anyone and if the Jason player is pretty good, the bullying won't last too long. Pappus is really oversimplifying Jason with his statement.

No he's not. There are so many times that I play that I'm baffled at what counselors don't do while I'm Jason. That's why I love the bots so much because most of the time they're kinda equal to humans even though the behavior is different. 

There's not much of a barrier between passive and aggressive counselor play in this game; for whatever reason, most people don't try to cross it. There are enough situations that put Jason in a no-win position.
Regardless of how often those situations occur, they shouldn't be allowed to happen. It's not good game design.  

25 minutes ago, Papppus said:

If they are wrong I will tell them so that they can become better. I even went out of my way to tell this fellow that his assumption is wrong and told him what can be done with cheats and hacks currently.

What specifically happened in this community? I asked ben to make a tips and tricks section so people could learn because beginners were complaining in droves about shift-grab and I couldn't reach all of them with my personal reach - that request was ignored.

Which then devolved into a personal dispute with Kodiak about making a post with advanced tech and tricks which was deleted because of it being a duplicate posting to that topic of kodiak that is full of wrong information.

@Papppus do you know what a scosiopath is?  It is someone who is incapable of understanding the difference between right and wrong. @Kodiak and @GunMedia_Ben tried to explain the rules to you on several occasions, yet you continue to post, and play, in violation of those rules.  Nothing else needs to be said.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Kaelum said:

@Papppus do you know what a scosiopath is?  It is someone who does not understand the difference between right wrong. @Kodiak and @GunMedia_Ben tried to explain the rules to you on several occasions, yet you continue to post, and play, in violation of those rules.  Nothing else needs to be said.

Well maybe if Ben actually did something about these cunts we wouldn't have to go over this shit again and again.

I hate to say it, but the trolls are right. The devs clearly don't have a handle of their own game. I doubt they could even ban these assholes if they wanted to.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Papppus said:

I am not a dick if I point out clearly that [War and Peace vol. 2]

Cool story. Definitely no butt-hurt detected in that lengthy screed.

• Haha 1

Last week I noticed the numbers on steam dropped to nearly 500 a few times. In the last few days I have consistently seen 1000+. As of this writing it is at 1164. I would love to say goodbye to the battle Chads and the trolls in general, but sadly they are still around. I doubt we will ever truly be rid of them. There are some very skilled players bullying Jason that I am pretty sure are not hacking the game. I still manage to cut them down eventually and less people are crying about slashing now. But it is still very frustrating. I would rather be doing environment kills or at least executions, but that is nearly impossible when Jason in swarmed. I have noticed that recently there are less trolls, but they are still out there and sometimes they come at you in force. (Trolls tend to hang around with trolls after all) 
   The video above with all the councilors beating on Jason must have been very frustrating, he could hardly get a slash in. That's just wrong and will scare off more players. Some will never come back. New players must get more frustrated than I do and we could lose many potentially great players from this crap. Jason makes this game and if no one wants to play him, there will be no game.
    Make Jason Kane again!!!

19 minutes ago, Dr. Lecter said:

Cool story. Definitely no butt-hurt detected in that lengthy screed.

It really is funny how the more he types, the more nonsensical he gets.

Maybe something is lost in translation. But the dude has a serious god complex. Takes credit for basically everything "unleashed" on the game.

Delusional asshole.

3 hours ago, WashingtonJones said:

No he's not. There are so many times that I play that I'm baffled at what counselors don't do while I'm Jason. That's why I love the bots so much because most of the time they're kinda equal to humans even though the behavior is different. 

There's not much of a barrier between passive and aggressive counselor play in this game; for whatever reason, most people don't try to cross it. There are enough situations that put Jason in a no-win position.
Regardless of how often those situations occur, they shouldn't be allowed to happen. It's not good game design.  

Implying its easy to bully Jason as a general statement is absolutely an oversimplification. 

Sure, Jason can still be bullied but it takes either a poor Jason or a good, coordinated, and smart lobby of counsellors. Perhaps it is easy for Pappus, but that is very different than implying it is too easy in general for Jason to be bullied after the last patch.

Not sure what you mean to say exactly about bots and humans, but many counsellor players baffle me out of indecision and cowardice.

Lol! Can't believe people actually result to hacking this game.