deathsia

Growing concern about the dwindling playerbase

27 minutes ago, Papppus said:

Most of this community's definition of fair and balanced gameplay:

2sZmL2i.gif

Fixed it 

edit: Sorry, double post. Merge?

10 hours ago, Dolemite said:

Personally, I quite liked the last patch but... your comment to that poster is uncalled for. 

• Thanks 1

That Savini video posted earlier proves what I've been talking about on here for months. Group combat. Jason's #1 weakness. Watch it as many times as you need to in order to fully understand.

Coincidentally I described a similar scenario a little while back, at what happens if the counselors are willing and capable of putting Jason into this situation. The bad news is there is virtually no good counter for it aside from throwing knives, which are in limited quantity.

3 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

That Savini video posted earlier proves what I've been talking about on here for months. Group combat. Jason's #1 weakness. Watch it as many times as you need to in order to fully understand.

Coincidentally I described a similar scenario a little while back, at what happens if the counselors are willing and capable of putting Jason into this situation. The bad news is there is virtually no good counter for it aside from throwing knives, which are in limited quantity.

I have on occasion placed a trap at the feet of someone swinging at me and instantly snagged them. Not a foolproof strategy but when it does work it puts a wrench in their plans.

Just now, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

I have on occasion placed a trap at the feet of someone swinging at me and instantly snagged them. Not a foolproof strategy but when it does work it puts a wrench in their plans.

You will not be able to pull it off against a group surrounding you. You'll get stunned during the animation and that's if you even get a chance to place a trap before the next hit, and providing you even have one. I've been in a situation like the one posted, and I was lucky to even Morph out (and I still sustained the stun). It is no joke against counselor tactics like this.

Quite normal for every game: after a certain time of playing tasks/scenarios get repetitive - we are all humans driven by curiosity and longing for something new.

Let‘s enjoy the game as it is now - at least it only takes only 8 players to fill a lobby.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CPLhicks31 said:

Implying its easy to bully Jason as a general statement is absolutely an oversimplification. 

He is easy to bully. It's not simple or complicated. It's fact. The odds are low but that's based on the inexperience and/or lack of confidence in the general playerbase. All you really need is one good player, and one player that can at least listen and follow orders and you can basically do whatever you want to Jason.

Sure, Jason can still be bullied but it takes either a poor Jason or a good, coordinated, and smart lobby of counsellors.

When all skill and understanding is equal between Jason and the counselors, Jason will always be the loser. That needs to be coded out of the game. (actually I would imagine that if everyone was brand new, Jason might have more of an advantage). 

Not sure what you mean to say exactly about bots and humans, but many counsellor players baffle me out of indecision and cowardice

I love the bots. I always try to work them into a conversation. I think they get a bad rep; most of the time their performance is on par with a lot of people.  

In accordance with the great Stone Cold Steve Austin, the bottom line is; exploits need to be patched. Situations like that Savini being bullied need to be fixed, but fixed in a way that stops that specific type of behavior towards Jason. It can't be something that effects an average situation, otherwise Jason is at an unfair advantage. All games have things that put a stop to spammable actions.

Also, Jason is a beloved character. You cannot shit all over a beloved character unless getting shit on is part of their motif. When it comes to this, I think it is irresponsible and lazy to fall on the notion of "this is just a game and this is how games work". 

I think I went off the rails a little at this point so I'll stop now. But you know what I mean?! Goddammit!!!

2 hours ago, WashingtonJones said:

Situations like that Savini being bullied need to be fixed, but fixed in a way that stops that specific type of behavior towards Jason.

I haven't played on PC in a while.  But as far as Xbox goes..  You can shift when you get up before you get hit again..  I do it all the time.

In that video of Jason getting knocked around.  He had a few moments where he could have busted out with a Shift, and then loop back around and melee attack.

But i do agree it makes no sense to be able to keep hitting Jason like that.. Jason needs some sort of RAGE mode after he gets knocked down a few times where he becomes immune to all stuns.   

As far as the player bases goes for this game.  This game is not COD or GTA.  Game has a nice steady player bases and IMO well be steady for a very long time.  

10 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Pappus' definition of fair and balanced gameplay:

2sZmL2i.gif

No he's not. There are so many times that I play that I'm baffled at what counselors don't do while I'm Jason. That's why I love the bots so much because most of the time they're kinda equal to humans even though the behavior is different. 

There's not much of a barrier between passive and aggressive counselor play in this game; for whatever reason, most people don't try to cross it. There are enough situations that put Jason in a no-win position.
Regardless of how often those situations occur, they shouldn't be allowed to happen. It's not good game design.  

I agree.I'm much happier playing the game with the offline bots.Don't even play online anymore.Haven't played online for quite sometime,and have no intentions to do so ever again.

7 minutes ago, JF13 said:

I agree.I'm much happier playing the game with the offline bots.Don't even play online anymore.Haven't played online for quite sometime,and have no intentions to do so ever again.

I think you typed into the quote box by mistake.

1 minute ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

He quoted your pic and then pasted my message underneath

9 minutes ago, JF13 said:

I still like playing online but I wouldn't be too upset if it went away tmrw. The bots are satisfying for what they are (they will be improved too) and the SP Challenges look like they're gonna be a lot of fun. At the end of the day I think we're gonna be left with a pretty darn good Jason game.

10 hours ago, Dolemite said:

Haven't read the rules? Link here

This forum is not the place for juvenile derogatory remarks.

I figured you would have understood @Kodiak the fist time he warned everyone. Guess not?

Over the Jason buff? No not his buffs, the game balance - I was referring to how most users on this forum (mainly Jason players) uproar over it. Consider reading my post: here

If trolls leave the game completely. I won't be crying over it. At this point, I'd even consider teamers in disguise trolls. This isn't necessarily friends helping another as counselor and Jason. Its Jason killing others first, then the friends. Still a slog and a chore really.

I'll take less players if the trade off is less trolls. Though that's unlikely. Plenty of games over 10 years old still have trolls.

It seems consoles have the bigger playerbase. Which is actually surprising given those platforms don't have dedicated servers, but PC does.

In terms of the coordinated gangbang of Jason if the counselors work together. I've always said...

1. Give Jason godframes after stuns while allowing him to attack

2. The more he's stunned, the harder it is to stun him with rage activation makng it nearly impossible to stun him

3. Give him a group kill mechanic. In those recent leaks, there IS a group kill. Its just a question of whether its for the challenges or multiplayer or both.

In all likelihood. Even though they made some good changes to Jason recently. I worry they think its all set, case closed, which also means they think Part 7 is fine now. In which case, the challenges will be a nice little escape from what is a tired multiplayer game this point.

My order of enthuasism

1. Challenges

2. Paranoia...provided its not cancelled

3. Hoping they fine tune multiplayer some more...and not waiting until January 2019 to see it

4. More content...Grendel/Jason X, an NES map/retooled NES Jason, more maps, etc

5 minutes ago, tyrant666 said:

It seems consoles have the bigger playerbase. Which is actually surprising given those platforms don't have dedicated servers, but PC does.

That makes sense because of the entry price point.  $200-$300 for a console that will play games for 5-10 years versus $800-$1k for an entry to mid level PC rig (and thats if you build it yourself), which you'll have to upgrade every two years to keep current.

At the end of the day the hardcore fans of this game are going to deny how low the player base, also this game had a LOT more potential but it was released too early, we all know what happened around that time which caused people to ditch the game so early on into its release.

6 hours ago, WashingtonJones said:

He is easy to bully. It's not simple or complicated. It's fact. The odds are low but that's based on the inexperience and/or lack of confidence in the general playerbase. All you really need is one good player, and one player that can at least listen and follow orders and you can basically do whatever you want to Jason.

When all skill and understanding is equal between Jason and the counselors, Jason will always be the loser. That needs to be coded out of the game. (actually I would imagine that if everyone was brand new, Jason might have more of an advantage). 

I love the bots. I always try to work them into a conversation. I think they get a bad rep; most of the time their performance is on par with a lot of people.  

In accordance with the great Stone Cold Steve Austin, the bottom line is; exploits need to be patched. Situations like that Savini being bullied need to be fixed, but fixed in a way that stops that specific type of behavior towards Jason. It can't be something that effects an average situation, otherwise Jason is at an unfair advantage. All games have things that put a stop to spammable actions.

Also, Jason is a beloved character. You cannot shit all over a beloved character unless getting shit on is part of their motif. When it comes to this, I think it is irresponsible and lazy to fall on the notion of "this is just a game and this is how games work". 

I think I went off the rails a little at this point so I'll stop now. But you know what I mean?! Goddammit!!!

That's where our opinion differs. Do I think some things could be cleaned up for Jason? For sure. Do I think Jason is being "shit on"? That's one heck of an overstatement.

2 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Yeah,sorry about that...that didn't go the way i was aiming for...lol...Besides the initial teamkilling that went on at first,the other problem i had was,after teamkilling was removed,people didn't want to work together online to gather parts and such.Everyone was gong all lone wolf and saying "Don't follow me,get your own."....also,when i attacked Jason to get him to drop a counselor,everytime Jason grabbed me,the other players never bothered to try to save me,they all ran.As much as i tried to help out,not many were being really nice,as far as helping a disabled gamer like me play the game.Some people did play as a team and help out,but most other players were all "Forget you,fend for yourself!"...so i can attest to the fact that it isn't easy being a gamer with a disability,nor do many online gamers like to try to help a disabled gamer.As a result,i only play offline now,i just wish there was an offline counselor mode,since it would be a nice break from playing Jason.

I have been very critical of the developers here, and I haven't given up hope yet. That's because they are taking the correct steps necessary to give this game a fighting chance going forward. They are making difficult decisions even when they are unpopular ones. Without dedicated servers, performance upgrades and ton of bug fixes this game won't make it through the year. They also need to find a way to make the experience more dynamic.

October, specifically the Halloween timeframe, could make or break this game. There will be an influx of players, both new and old, but what kind of experience will they have?

1. One of a game that is extremely buggy, unbalanced, unpolished, with major functionality missing and poor performance? One with the same redundant gameplay that gets old quickly?

2. One of a game that is bug-free, balanced, feature complete, polished, and performs great on all platforms? One with key elements redesigned and dynamic content to keep the game from becoming stale?

I'm sure all of us are hoping for #2, but it's a long difficult road ahead. The best we can do for now is to keep playing the game, giving feedback, submitting bugs, reporting cheaters, and buying the DLC.

The thing keeping this game alive right now is all of us, the hardcore fans. Games with lesser communities would be long dead and buried by now.