noahvt

Are hackers even being banned?

Hi!

I'm just wondering wether or not Gun is still taking action against cheaters and hackers because it definitely doesn't seem like it. Today I've seen 2 players that I reported a while ago hacking away again and it seems like they were never punished...

I know PC games are known for hackers but this game never really had a lot of them, I was used to seeing a hacker every 20-30 lobbies but now you can find a hacker in almost every lobby. This is what i've found just today!:

1. 5 people who cheated in Savini Jason (yes it's possible to cheat in Savini Jason -> this game has no DRM on it's dlc's, note: assumption based on level of the players)
  2. 2 speed hackers with instant car start, instant repair and running crazy fast
  3. 1 guy flying

This game has just turned into a giant hacker mess and it seems like they aren't being punished at all. I got the speed hackers and flying guy on video so I'm going to report them again but I'm not even sure if this will help...

Have you guys seen an increase in cheaters and hackers lately?

They do get banned. But it seems really easy for them to circumvent bans.

Apparently there's also a cracked copy floating around that makes it even easier.

Game isn't very secure. If people want to cheat, they will. Gun needs to crack down much harder on cheating.

I know a couple have been banned though because they like to add me on steam to shit talk..They usually send me a "holy shit, you actually got me banned" messages.

• Haha 1

There's a hack that not only gives you access to Steam (with a new name and everything) it also unlocks all content for (I think) every game you have. So, some of those Savinis are not backers or Ebayers.

I know for sure Pappus has been banned recently and anyone that attempts to create an account with the name "Pappus" in it gets a seemingly instant ban.

Behavior starts to look more suspicious on PC when the playbase is low and it's late at night. With that said, most people are not cheating.

Also the hotfix sealed up some of the expliots that players like to abuse.

22 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

There's a hack that not only gives you access to Steam (with a new name and everything) it also unlocks all content for (I think) every game you have. So, some of those Savinis are not backers or Ebayers.

I know for sure Pappus has been banned recently and anyone that attempts to create an account with the name "Pappus" in it gets a seemingly instant ban.

Behavior starts to look more suspicious on PC when the playbase is low and it's late at night. With that said, most people are not cheating.

Also the hotfix sealed up some of the expliots that players like to abuse.

This is probably one of the biggest pro's to having the game on console as we don't have to deal with hackers and such. However we take hits in other places lol. If my pc was good enough to be able to run the game i would get it on pc, maybe at some point but for now i enjoy it on my ps4.

3 minutes ago, Official_Adam_W said:

This is probably one of the biggest pro's to having the game on console as we don't have to deal with hackers and such. However we take hits in other places lol. If my pc was good enough to be able to run the game i would get it on pc, maybe at some point but for now i enjoy it on my ps4.

I'm saving money up for a gaming computer, I've been wanting to play a lot of PC games that PS4 doesn't have. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

I'm saving money up for a gaming computer, I've been wanting to play a lot of PC games that PS4 doesn't have. 

Ya i was big into pc gaming back in the 90's early 2000's but just went towards console gaming as it was easier tech wise to just get the console and be able to play whatever without worrying about requirements but Pc's do offer far better and more option if you have a good rig.

It shouldn't even be that hard to ban them all. They all run in the same circles. They all know each other.

If the devs decided to actually do something about it, they could. But like most things, they half ass it and get you to send reports to somewhere they are ignored.

I've given up on reporting hackers now. If only a few get dealt with, it's not worth my time recording them and uploading to youtube.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Official_Adam_W said:

Ya i was big into pc gaming back in the 90's early 2000's but just went towards console gaming as it was easier tech wise to just get the console and be able to play whatever without worrying about requirements but Pc's do offer far better and more option if you have a good rig.

Yeah, PC gaming rigs can cost you a lot unless you build it yourself, I'm not that smart when building computers so I'm looking into what I need to build one. However I'm always entering to win a gaming computer lol 

• Like 1

The third one is a bug where you get grabbed and i dont know what cause it but you break free of jason's grasp and your floating everywhere.

About guys who's flying, that's not always in purpose but just a glitch and the players can't do nothing.

EDIT : I post in same time with @anon, don't see your post before.

16 minutes ago, Official_Adam_W said:

What kinds of games did you play back in the day?

9 minutes ago, deathbat96777 said:

I skimmed the title and thought it said "Are f*ckers even being banned?" XD

That is a valid question we'd all like the answer to.

3 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

Yeah, PC gaming rigs can cost you a lot unless you build it yourself, I'm not that smart when building computers so I'm looking into what I need to build one. However I'm always entering to win a gaming computer lol 

I won one of those contests years ago. I've since then retired that PC.

1 minute ago, Fair Play said:

I won one of those contests years ago. I've since then retired that PC.

I'm always entering, only thing I ever won in my life was the Sly Cooper 3 game a long time ago lol So I don't have high hopes on that. Still would be nice, then I can put money more towards the streaming equipment I want 

2 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

What kinds of games did you play back in the day?

Duke 3D, Doom/Doom2 for multiplayer

but mostly solo games like, the 7th guest/the 11th hour, leisure suit larry, king's quest, beavis and butthead in virtual stupidity and a bunch more i can't think of at the moment lol

1 minute ago, Ghostboy20 said:

I'm always entering, only thing I ever won in my life was the Sly Cooper 3 game a long time ago lol So I don't have high hopes on that. Still would be nice, then I can put money more towards the streaming equipment I want 

Just think positive. Your big win will come. I'm routing for ya. B)

Just now, Fair Play said:

Just think positive. Your big win will come. I'm routing for ya. B)

Lol thanks, I still think positive, if I didn't I don't think I would be on twitch xD  

2 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

Biggest thing i have ever won was a ps3 back when it just came out. Company i worked for had a giveaway for 1 ps3 and i won it. that was a good day lol

1 minute ago, Official_Adam_W said:

Duke 3D, Doom/Doom2 for multiplayer

but mostly solo games like, the 7th guest/the 11th hour, leisure suit larry, king's quest, beavis and butthead in virtual stupidity and a bunch more i can't think of at the moment lol

I played the hell out of Doom when it first came out. That and Quake 2.

24 minutes ago, Official_Adam_W said:

Biggest thing i have ever won was a ps3 back when it just came out. Company i worked for had a giveaway for 1 ps3 and i won it. that was a good day lol

I didn't win my old PS3, I was saving money up for a PS3 and for my birthday there it was lol 

1 hour ago, Ghostboy20 said:

Gaming rigs cost a ton, even if you build them yourself. Trust me. In the early 2000s I was building rigs for people for side cash. Nowadays, I can't even build a simple comp for a casual user on the cheap. Once you get into high-end rigs, you are really talking about some cash. Good CPUs will cost you, the video cards are outrageous, memory can get pricey, and you need one hell of a cooling system to compensate for all of that power, and that is just the start. I built a gaming rig for a buddy of mine last year, and the components alone ran over $2100, and he had all of the software. I cut him a break, and didn't really make any money on it considering the hours of testing and tweaking that I had to do. It's just not worth it for me anymore, not even to build my own.

On to the original question...I don't see much happening to hackers lately, and I know that quite a few have had their accounts reinstated, but I don't let that affect my enjoyment of the game.

*casually walks out of the thread, pretending not to notice that Pappus is here*

1 minute ago, Rexfellis said:

Gaming rigs cost a ton, even if you build them yourself. Trust me. In the early 2000s I was building rigs for people for side cash. Nowadays, I can't even build a simple comp for a casual user on the cheap. Once you get into high-end rigs, you are really talking about some cash. Good CPUs will cost you, the video cards are outrageous, memory can get pricey, and you need one hell of a cooling system to compensate for all of that power, and that is just the start. I built a gaming rig for a buddy of mine last year, and the components alone ran over $2100, and he had all of the software. I cut him a break, and didn't really make any money on it considering the hours of testing and tweaking that I had to do. It's just not worth it for me anymore, not even to build my own.

On to the original question...I don't see much happening to hackers lately, and I know that quite a few have had their accounts reinstated, but I don't let that affect my enjoyment of the game.

*casually walks out of the thread, pretending not to notice that Pappus is here*

Well guess I'll be entering to win a gaming computer then xD