noahvt

Are hackers even being banned?

24 minutes ago, Papppus said:

The cracked copy only lets you play with ppl that use the cracked version as far as I know. Best to ask jolly for confirmation since he used it for a while IIRC.

The cheaters are also not a circle. Not sure where you get that crazy notion from and bans are fixed and you buy yourself a new little account. Pretty much the same problem any other game has to deal with. Actual hackers are seperated as fuck cause people in general don't like to play with them. A bit yes for the kick, but there isn't much joy to play with someone that gets all objectives fixed in a huge sprint down for more than a week.

Reporting with jasonkillbugs is worthless though. One member of my discord has breached over 100 reports and is actively trying to get banned for quite a while without success. Even the d i r e c t line of aldermach was too weak to get him banned.

However be careful what you call a hack there is very simple glitches that allow you to teleport/fly at your leisure.

Good job @GunMedia_Ben

2 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

Well guess I'll be entering to win a gaming computer then xD 

If you can save up the cash to do it, there is a sense of pride knowing that you built it yourself man. I remember feeling like a badass after I built my first personal gaming rig that would run Diablo 2 with everything on optimum without any hiccups. Of course, my dial-up connection still made it damn near impossible to play online. :lol: Ah, the good old days.

Just now, Rexfellis said:

If you can save up the cash to do it, there is a sense of pride knowing that you built it yourself man. I remember feeling like a badass after I built my first personal gaming rig that would run Diablo 2 with everything on optimum without any hiccups. Of course, my dial-up connection still made it damn near impossible to play online. :lol: Ah, the good old days.

Oh yes the good old days of dial up lol I still plan on saving money up. 

Can somebody explain to me why we have to send them videos to report shit?

That does not sound right. It sounds like something you'd have to do back in the 90s.

Doesn't the server understand what state a character is in? If someone is using an exploit to put their character in an unfair, advantageous state, can't the server be told to kick them once they go into that state? Or if they keep themselves in that state for too long....
Even if it's by accident, get them out of there anyway. They're fucked up. 

Yes but what about the server?

There's nothing they can check that would show a player doing something invalid? Obviously they can't jump at the first report, but I'm sure a hacker will get more than enough to warrant a check.

2 hours ago, AldermachXI said:

Good job @GunMedia_Ben

Flagging us privately does not give you a line on getting more information on bans.  We actively review reports and pay attention to each report that comes our way.  We do not and will not discuss bans publicly in any way, shape or form.

We are watching.

1 hour ago, GunMedia_Ben said:

We are watching.

And apparently doing very little else.

10 minutes ago, Dr. Lecter said:

And apparently doing very little else.

Also be aware that simply getting someone's steam name is not a reliable way to ban them because there can be multiple people with the same name and someone can change their name at any time. You need their steam i.d. and most people don't know about that, so the cheater can go free 99% of the time. Even if they get enough reports to be banned, there's steam's family sharing program. On console, one primary account can have the game installed while secondary accounts can play the game. This allows for "burner" accounts that can cheat all they like because even if they are banned, the cheater can just make a new account from a random email and go back to cheating since the primary account has no cheat reports on it.

All that makes it literally impossible to stop cheaters in their entirety. At first, the uninformed cheater would get their primary account banned but then the smarter ones would have figured out how to circumvent the bans and then you have a player base that is consistently plagued by cheats that no one can stop because the platforms themselves allow for circumventing bans.

It's not the developer's fault, it's the platform's fault.