• Crystal Lake
    • Higgins Haven
    • Packanack
    • Jarvis House
    • Pinehurst
    • Crystal Lake Small
    • Higgins Haven Small
    • Packanack small

Since the Pinehurst map has been out for a while now, I thought it would be good to poll the maps again and see what's everyone's favorite now.

Personally, mine is still Higgins Haven. I've always loved the layout of this map, how it's divided by the lake, the big house, the barn, the cemetery etc. It's not too cluttered, or too spaced out. It has a great balance.

My least favorites are still the small maps. I think they are just smaller inferior versions of the big maps, and its really easy to repair stuff because everything is a short distance away from the objectives. Which is funny because the small maps were marketed as being tougher for counselors. But its Jason who has his work cut out for him on them, IMO.

Anyway, I'd love to hear your thoughts, guys. Throw your votes in on the poll, too. I've made it multiple choice in case anyone has several favs.

Probably Higgins still.  It offers the most cover as a counselor.  I just wish on all maps parts would become completely random spawn locations.  No 3 or 4 square grid guarantee.  

My favorite still is, and always has been packanack large. There's just something about the way it's laid out, with the road that runs through the map with cabins on both sides of the road, it almost feels like a suburb because of that. I love the fact that there are so many cabins close together because you never have to go far to find one. Also, I feel like packanack is just the right size, not too big, not too small.

Problem with Pinehurst is it seems big but also it seems pretty bare, a bit too spread out. Anyone with me there? 

Its growing on me slowly.

I voted Jarvis House though. Packanack I like but after so many games there it can get a bit boring 

definitely not Pinehurst and Jarvis House map, I love all crystal lake, higgins haven and packanack, normal and small.

Packanack, all day every day. The antics that go on at the lodge are some of the most ridiculous and fun I've had in the game.

38 minutes ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

Probably Higgins still.  It offers the most cover as a counselor.  I just wish on all maps parts would become completely random spawn locations.  No 3 or 4 square grid guarantee.  

Agreed.  Higgins has a nice balance, especially on the larger variant, that lends itself to some exciting matches for both Jason and the Counselors.

Packanack is just too cluttered.

I voted Higgins, Jarvis & Pinehurst. They all have a lot more variety on the maps. I like Pinehurst & Jarvis mostly because of how spread out they are and challenging they can be. I agree with @Ste_Wolf about the small maps being too easy for counselors, I think they’re trash. 

I like the three core maps large size, but both Jarvis House and Pinehurst show such a love for the source material that I like them both a lot too. My favourite changes from week to weeks so I just didn't pick the small ones.

Crystal Lake large maybe the most boring looking but its the most balance for both sides of the table. Can't go wrong with the first map they created.

Higgins Haven is most balanced.

Packanack is straight-up awesome.

Camp Crystal Lake is a disappointment to me.

Jarvis House is only tolerable if I’m playing as a high speed counselor. 

Pinehurst is visually the best, and it’s the only time I play AJ.

My favorite is definitely Pinehurst. I am also very fond of the balance on the original Higgins Haven large map. I think my least favorite is Crystal Lake Small.

I like them all, except Pinhurst.
And im sick of packanack, 80% games i play its always packanack and everybody requests it in the lobby always.

My favourite is higgins.

5 hours ago, Alkavian said:

My favorite is definitely Pinehurst. I am also very fond of the balance on the original Higgins Haven large map. I think my least favorite is Crystal Lake Small.

Pinehurst feels like the answer for those who feel like Jarvis House is too favored towards Jason (which, I do agree on). Whereas you're almost only guarantee of success on Jarvis house is the calling the cops, on Pinehurst, once you get a car or boat fixed you're pretty much golden, because there's 3 exits as a car and 2 on the boat.  Plus, you can't successfully trap the phone on Pinehurst when it spawns at the big house, because there are SO MANY DOORS.

• Like 1

I picked Higgins and Crystal Lake, both large. I feel that Higgins has the best balance for Jason players and counselors alike. I like Crystal Lake for basically the same reasons. The small maps were a novelty for a couple of weeks when they first came out, but having the objective items crammed into such a confined space just doesn't feel right. I haven't played Pinehurst enough to know yet if I like it or not. It is definitely spread out, and fixing one of the cars can be a long, arduous process. That is not necessarily a bad thing, but trying to lug parts across such a large playing field as Deborah can get pretty dicey, especially once Jason gets his Rage.

I don't hate any of the maps, but HH and CL are my favorites.

• Like 1

I have to vote for Higgins, it's a nice map, easy to remember and I like how it looks. 

I voted Packanack because that is where the most fun matches have come from for me, both as Jason and counselor.

Higgins Haven comes second because it is the most balanced of the maps

I prefer Crystal Lake small to normal Crystal lake for reasons i do not know

My least favourite is Jarvis House. It is too big and spread out for me and you spend most of the match wandering around the map rather than doing anything

Crystal Lake, first map I played on. And it's still my favorite. (not the small one!)

This is how you make a proper thread, @Patriots1.  Take notes.

On topic:  My favorite is Packanack. It's not too big, and not too small.

I love the Jarvis & Pinehurst maps, but because of their size- your chance of survival weighs a lot more on the competence and coordination of your fellow counselors.  This is more so, than any other map.

• Haha 1

The Jarvis House gets a lot of flake for being too big and spread out. And too much of an advantage for Jason.

In that sense, while I do not like the layout, it has very good tension. You really feel isolated and alone. Especially if it rains and part 4 Jason is on your tail. It's the map that can make you feel scared.

Voted for Higgins Haven. It's imo the most balanced map in the game. Packanack Small remains the only map I dislike. It's silly how counselor favored that map is. 

Crystal Lake small and Pinehurst. Crystal Lake small because i think it has the easiest layout and configuration to find items for me as a repairer, and Pinehurst just because of the amazing attention to detail in terms of film accuracy. I also love the field of of peach trees. It's so fun to chase someone through it/get chased. i think forest scenery is missing from this game in terms of enclosurement. would love to see more woods and not just adjacent trees for some good chase sequences.