I think Jason should not appear on the mini map at all. What are the developers trying to achieve by putting him there?

Has it been like this from day 1, or was it just an addition to appease the cry-babies? Because I can definitely imagine the latter to be true.

Either way, isn't it much better to use your ears to detect Jason? It's obscene to be scanning for a red triangle!!

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Poormetheus said:

I think Jason should not appear on the mini map at all. What are the developers trying to achieve by putting him there?

Has it been like this from day 1, or was it just an addition to appease the cry-babies? Because I can definitely imagine the latter to be true.

Either way, isn't it much better to use your ears to detect Jason? It's obscene to be scanning for a red triangle!!

It's been there from day one. I see what you mean, but I think your idea is a little overkill.

• Like 1

Just now, TheButtonMasher said:

It's been there from day one. I see what you mean, but I think your idea is a little overkill.

Overkill how? Like making it difficult for the counselors?

I don't think it's that much of a jump.

It gets pretty awkward when I’m playing as Tiffany and she gets spooked all of a sudden because someone spotted Jason and he appeared on the map.

1 minute ago, Poormetheus said:

Overkill how? Like making it difficult for the counselors?

I don't think it's that much of a jump.

Ok maybe overkill was the wrong word. But I still think it's taking it a little too far. Even though Jason should be OP, the Councillors still need a tiny chance, you know?

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Poormetheus said:

Yeah, they need to remove him from the minimap, make him only appear on it when he is hit with a flare. This would make Jason much scarier especially if he is stalking and you can't see him on the minimap anywhere. And also they should remove counselors screaming as Jason morphs into their area cause it totally ruins any surprise attack you had planned.

• Thanks 2

On 2/10/2018 at 4:15 PM, cooksies said:

Or you can get better at playing Jason :P

Even though I am a skilled Jason player and regularly clear out matches, I still want this implemented as it would be more suspenseful and feel more scary, getting "better" at playing Jason has nothing to do with this.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MyersVoorhees said:

Even though I am a skilled Jason player and regularly clear out matches, I still want this implemented as it would be more suspenseful and feel more scary, getting "better" at playing Jason has nothing to do with this.

I agree 250%. The game would be infinitely more immersive and suspenseful if Counselors didn't have the crutch of knowing where Jason was on the mini-map. Like you said, Jason should only appear temporarily if/when he's hit by the Flare. Then his icon would gradually "fade out" on the mini-map as the effects of the Flare wore off, and his icon would go back to being invisible again.

• Like 1

Jason appearing on the minimap is spotty at best. Most of the times I've played in a group of counselors he's nearby but not on the minimap because of small blockage.

Jason being on the minimap isn't that big of a deal for Jason. If anything it makes composure actually somewhat worth the stat if you have the minimap up and can spot his location.

• Like 1

@Poormetheus As far as I know, Jason can only be seen on the map if he's in direct sight of another counselor, or hit with the flare gun. In my opinion, it's fine the way it is.

• Like 1

Well then I propose the developers add it to their list of fixes; Jason absent from the mini-map unless a flare is used by a counselor.

Must we spoon-feed the counselor players?

On 2/10/2018 at 1:55 PM, MyersVoorhees said:

Yeah, they need to remove him from the minimap, make him only appear on it when he is hit with a flare. This would make Jason much scarier especially if he is stalking and you can't see him on the minimap anywhere. And also they should remove counselors screaming as Jason morphs into their area cause it totally ruins any surprise attack you had planned.

I Agree with this.