J.J.

Does your favorite in-game Jason match your favorite in-film Jason?

Something I've found quite interesting is how the most hated Jason's became the most sought after in-game. For instance I was surprised to learn that Jason Goes To Hell won first place in a fan vote to be included in the game considering that is considered to be the worst film in the whole franchise and Jason Takes Manhattan won 3rd place another of the least loved films and Jason's look in that film is considered to be terrible as well especially unmasked but the fans demanded him for the game. And even now everyone is so hyped up for the upcoming Uber Jason and Grendel map despite most people viewing Jason X as a terrible movie and low point of the series but everyone can't wait for his inclusion in the game. So what do you guys think it is that makes these formerly hated Jason's so loved in-game? Also does your favorite in-game Jason match your in-film Jason? If not why? :) 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

You actually made a good thread that could promote some great discussions. Thumbs up!

I think my favorite movie is PT 4.... Is that the one with Corey Feldman? And I do tend to main PT 4 Jason. However, I'd have to give more thought to my favorite movie Jason as opposed to just my favorite of the movies.

Just now, Hell Toupee said:

You actually made a good thread that could promote some great discussions. Thumbs up!

I think my favorite movie is PT 4.... Is that the one with Corey Feldman? And I do tend to main PT 4 Jason. However, I'd have to give more thought to my favorite movie Jason as opposed to just my favorite of the movies.

Corey Feldman is in Part 4 and the opening of Part 5.

Well, Part 2 is my current favorite film of the series. To be honest, it fluctuates, but Pts 1 and 2 are always at the top. My favorite Jason to play is good Ol' Sackhead. So, yeah, mine pretty much coincides. Of course, I like playing Part 8 Jason too, and I really don't like the movie.

Either way, great subject. I'm curious to see what some other people say.

Yes, Part 4 is my favourite movie and my favourite Jason too. Love his stats and kills!

Just now, Rexfellis said:

Well, Part 2 is my current favorite film of the series. To be honest, it fluctuates, but Pts 1 and 2 are always at the top. My favorite Jason to play is good Ol' Sackhead. So, yeah, mine pretty much coincides. Of course, I like playing Part 8 Jason too, and I really don't like the movie.

Either way, great subject. I'm curious to see what some other people say.

I've found Part 2 Jason in-game to be a lot bigger and more brutal than in film. He looked pretty small and clumsy in the film I was surprised he managed to kill so many people.

As far as Part 2 goes I found it to be a slightly lower quality copy of the original. I still like it though. 

friday the 13th the new blood is my favorite and part 7 jason is the one i play the most.

14 minutes ago, J.J. said:

Corey Feldman is in Part 4 and the opening of Part 5.

Well then part 4. Where he tries to get a peek at the chicks bewbs. Classic.

9 minutes ago, anon said:

friday the 13th the new blood is my favorite and part 7 jason is the one i play the most.

It really sucks that we'll never get an uncut version of that film. It really would be up there with The Final Chapter if they didn't lose that footage.

But Part 7 Jason in game is absolutely terrible. Way too underpowered for Kane's best loved Jason.

5 minutes ago, Hell Toupee said:

Well then part 4. Where he tries to get a peek at the chicks bewbs. Classic.

Corey Feldman lives with a bunch of girls in lingerie and angel wings he calls "Corey's Angels" :lol:

4 minutes ago, NoOneK9503 said:

@J.J. Avoid double-posting please.

What?

Just now, J.J. said:

Corey Feldman lives with a bunch of girls in lingerie and angel wings he calls "Corey's Angels" :lol:

Oh, I know. My wife is a huge fan lol

Back on topic, I think my favorite movie Jason is probably sack head. I know the hockey mask is more iconic, but I think the burlap sack is just creepier looking. Just the one eye hole and knowing he is deformed under it always intrigued me. He is probably my second main Jason in game, used him and 3 a lot before 4 came out. So I definitely seem to gravitate towards the Jasons from my favorites of the franchise.

1 minute ago, J.J. said:

What?

Stop double posting before you get banned dumbass.

Anyway....

My fav Jason is Part 7

My fav movies are Part 6 and X

My fav Jason to use in the game is Part 8.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, J.J. said:

It really sucks that we'll never get an uncut version of that film. It really would be up there with The Final Chapter if they didn't lose that footage.

But Part 7 Jason in game is absolutely terrible. Way too underpowered for Kane's best loved Jason.

I play him so much i managed to get good with him.

2 minutes ago, Hell Toupee said:

Oh, I know. My wife is a huge fan lol

Back on topic, I think my favorite movie Jason is probably sack head. I know the hockey mask is more iconic, but I think the burlap sack is just creepier looking. Just the one eye hole and knowing he is deformed under it always intrigued me. He is probably my second main Jason in game, used him and 3 a lot before 4 came out. So I definitely seem to gravitate towards the Jasons from my favorites of the franchise.

I think my favorite in film Jason is Part III he's just so terrifying and all later Jason's are based on Brooker's version he made the biggest impression on the series.

He's like the Bela Lugosi of the F13 series, not the first Jason but the one every one after is based on.

I guess my favorite Jason in-game and in-film would be Part 3, is my favorite movie and one of  the Jasons i like the most in-game, but lately i think i'm starting to get drawed by Roy (tied with Part 3 in movie likeness) and in-game i love him....i will stay with Part 3 just to tiebreak it.

1 minute ago, Shaild said:

I guess my favorite Jason in-game and in-film would be Part 3, is my favorite movie and one of  the Jasons i like the most in-game, but lately i think i'm starting to get drawed by Roy (tied with Part 3 in movie likeness) and in-game i love him....i will stay with Part 3 just to tiebreak it.

Part III is my favorite in-film Jason but I do prefer Part 4 Jason in-game. But yeah I've always loved Roy in-film, I literally had a mini-fit when I saw the trailer of him being in-game I never thought Gun media would put him in-game I figured they were only gonna do the Jason's. I mean the whole part in the Virtual Cabin where you had to remove Roy's mask felt like a slap in the face to Roy so I figured Gun were Jason elitists from that. :lol:

3 minutes ago, J.J. said:

Part III is my favorite in-film Jason but I do prefer Part 4 Jason in-game. But yeah I've always loved Roy in-film, I literally had a mini-fit when I saw the trailer of him being in-game I never thought Gun media would put him in-game I figured they were only gonna do the Jason's. I mean the whole part in the Virtual Cabin where you had to remove Roy's mask felt like a slap in the face to Roy so I figured Gun were Jason elitists from that. :lol:

Same here, i was reading and then a notification popped out of nowhere about Gunmedia uploading a Part 5 Jason update and i was screaming the whole time, i really though he was out of the possible new Jasons so i was happy as fuck XP

3 minutes ago, Crispen_Glover said:

I hate A New Beginning  but Roy has quickly become my favorite "jason" to play as

Why exactly do you hate "A New Beginning"? It's really a solid entry into the series. It's definitely better than all of the New Line films and a few of the Paramount ones.

1 minute ago, J.J. said:

Why exactly do you hate "A New Beginning"? It's really a solid entry into the series. It's definitely better than all of the New Line films and a few of the Paramount ones.

Its boring, besides like 3 kills the rest are all lame and forgettable and the effects look cheap, Tommy Jarvis is a non-character who does nothing the whole film (which is partly why I love part 6, Tommy actually gets shit done) and then of course the whole fake jason thing.

33 minutes ago, Shaild said:

Same here, i was reading and then a notification popped out of nowhere about Gunmedia uploading a Part 5 Jason update and i was screaming the whole time, i really though he was out of the possible new Jasons so i was happy as fuck XP

My top picks for the most likely in the remaining Jason's from most likely to least likely is:

1. Uber Jason (Well duh he's already been announced)

2. Freddy vs. Jason (Would complete the original series set)

3. Remake Jason

4. A New Beginning (Dream sequence Jason) (Probably not getting a bit obscure there but maybe as a skin for Roy, he's pretty much the same just different colours)

5. Child Jason(s) (would take a lot more work on Gun's part so the least likely but there are a bunch of kid Jason's which would open up more possibilities.

23 minutes ago, Crispen_Glover said:

Its boring, besides like 3 kills the rest are all lame and forgettable and the effects look cheap, Tommy Jarvis is a non-character who does nothing the whole film (which is partly why I love part 6, Tommy actually gets shit done) and then of course the whole fake jason thing.

It's actually quite entertaining with all the crazy stuff that happens like the candy bar kill, the dinner fight, the 2 hillbilly's, Violet's dance, the outhouse duet etc. the earlier films have a lot of pointless filler. Yeah some of the kills suck but there are a lot of good ones, the flare in mouth, the eye traps, the motorbike beheading etc. I actually thought John played the part of a mentally traumatized person very well. I mean it's normal for someone who's been through what Tommy has to be overly quiet and easily triggered into aggression. I think John actually volunteered at a mental home for a little bit to get the character just right.

Well it's a guy in a hockey mask isn't that close enough? :lol: personally I would have loved for them to have continued the route with Tommy as the new Jason. Who knows how the series would have went from there. Probably would have gotten way more interesting sequels.

My favorite's Jason, in movies, is Part  7, best look, Kane Hodder's great, unsmaked Jason awesome.

I never play him in game, he's like he had just weaknesses.

Part 3 is my favorite film and he works perfectly as a starter Jason. 

@J.J. nice job making an actual discussion thread.

14 minutes ago, J.J. said:

My top picks for the most likely in the remaining Jason's from most likely to least likely is:

1. Uber Jason (Well duh he's already been announced)

2. Freddy vs. Jason (Would complete the original series set)

3. Remake Jason

4. A New Beginning (Dream sequence Jason) (Probably not getting a bit obscure there but maybe as a skin for Roy, he's pretty much the same just different colours)

5. Child Jason(s) (would take a lot more work on Gun's part so the least likely but there are a bunch of kid Jason's which would open up more possibilities.

Looks like we don't have any good Jasons left uh, Uber Jason is ok but the rest....is like they only took the common Jason image (generic hockey mask and machete) and that's it, plus, i don't see Freddy vs Jason as canon, to me it was canon til 8, demonic stuff and shit? noup. Just saying that everybody has their own likeness, i was saying mine XP.

9 minutes ago, J.J. said:

It's actually quite entertaining with all the crazy stuff that happens like the candy bar kill, the dinner fight, the 2 hillbilly's, Violet's dance, the outhouse duet etc. the earlier films have a lot of pointless filler. Yeah some of the kills suck but there are a lot of good ones, the flare in mouth, the eye traps, the motorbike beheading etc. I actually thought John played the part of a mentally traumatized person very well. I mean it's normal for someone who's been through what Tommy has to be overly quiet and easily triggered into aggression

Can't say it better, that was the stuff that made A New Beggining great for me.