Jump to content
ShiftySamurai

First Look: Single Player Challenges

Recommended Posts

I love the idea that we'll be able to experience the new kills be killing them in the wood chipper, during sex, hanging, etc. But will we be able to choose our own Jason?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Danielmalice said:

But will we be able to choose our own Jason?

Nobody knows for sure yet. Each scenario may be tied to a specific Jason, or we might be able to choose. Not much information is out there yet. Maybe they will release more information as we get closer to April. Either way, I'm looking forward to something new. I hope the SP AI is smarter than the Bots play we have now.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, DavidElLèon said:

Will there be sex scenes or nude scenes in single player? Lol i mean this is based on the film 

If there is, there's definitely gonna be some boobs but I'm hoping for at least some male nudity too (preferably Adam), at least the backside lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Correct me if I'm wrong, whenever we get single player challenges with the new engine in April, it will be the full version, and not just the beta? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/9/2018 at 5:04 PM, ShiftySamurai said:

This game mode will not require any additional purchase and will be bundled in its entirety with the engine upgrade patch.

@deathbat96777

Looks like it will be complete. I feel like I'm stalking you lol

We must be the only 2 people on right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/02/2018 at 12:04 AM, ShiftySamurai said:

Hey everyone!

Today we would like to share some news about the Single Player Challenges we are introducing to Friday the 13th: The Game. This game mode will not require any additional purchase and will be bundled in its entirety with the engine upgrade patch.

In Single Player Challenges, players will control Jason and hunt down counselors in multiple movie-like scenarios. Here are some of the features that you can expect to see:

  • Multiple replayable missions across varied locations, featuring numerous individual objectives
  • Unique scenarios and maps specially tailored for each mission
  • Cinematic Kills only available in SP Challenges
  • New voice acting and responsive AI that tells a new story in each map

We’re very excited for everyone to experience our Single Player Challenges!

Let us know what you think!
 

You did a great job Dan keep the good work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/13/2018 at 10:51 AM, deathbat96777 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, whenever we get single player challenges with the new engine in April, it will be the full version, and not just the beta? 

I think it's safe to assume it's the full version going at this rate.

But beta or no beta, I don't really care. I just wish April would hurry up and arrive.

giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, WashingtonJones said:

Who is Dan and what did he do?

Dan is Daniel Nixon aka Shifty Samurai and he's the one that posted the video of him doing the tutorial, duh. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, wildthing73 said:

Dan is Daniel Nixon aka Shifty Samurai and he's the one that posted the video of him doing the tutorial, duh. 

Does simply posting a post warrant "you did a great job"? 

What about the guys at Illfonic, jabbing their grubby little fingers into their keyboards, coding this thing? 

Dan deserves many thanks for putting the post together. The Illfonic guys deserve the "great job" praise. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, WashingtonJones said:

Does simply posting a post warrant "you did a great job"? 

What about the guys at Illfonic, jabbing their grubby little fingers into their keyboards, coding this thing? 

Dan deserves many thanks for putting the post together. The Illfonic guys deserve the "great job" praise. 

He didn't just put the post together, he was on the video itself introducing it, playing the tutorial, and doing the outro.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jason will be able to switch weapons soon or in April patch ?

On 2/14/2018 at 7:28 AM, Liquid Swordsman said:

I think it's safe to assume it's the full version going at this rate.

But beta or no beta, I don't really care. I just wish April would hurry up and arrive.

giphy.gif

April is JUST 6 weeks away, lol - noooooooo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Billabong506 said:

April is JUST 6 weeks away, lol - noooooooo

Could be the end of April. Could not happen in April at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How many challenges will it be?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/9/2018 at 5:04 PM, ShiftySamurai said:

Hey everyone!

Today we would like to share some news about the Single Player Challenges we are introducing to Friday the 13th: The Game. This game mode will not require any additional purchase and will be bundled in its entirety with the engine upgrade patch.

In Single Player Challenges, players will control Jason and hunt down counselors in multiple movie-like scenarios. Here are some of the features that you can expect to see:

  • Multiple replayable missions across varied locations, featuring numerous individual objectives
  • Unique scenarios and maps specially tailored for each mission
  • Cinematic Kills only available in SP Challenges
  • New voice acting and responsive AI that tells a new story in each map

We’re very excited for everyone to experience our Single Player Challenges!

Let us know what you think!
 

@ShiftySamurai

Hey Daniel, a lot of people have been speculating that the Single Player Challenges Demo has been cancelled and you guys are just going ahead with the Single Player Challenges in their entirety with the engine update patch... is that true?  From the video you posted, it looked as though you were playing the Tutorial challenge in the actual demo and not in the full game, is this the demo we were supposed to be getting to play or was the Single Player Challenges Demo on the roadmap just referring to a video demonstration of what the challenges will be like?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is an idea that I think sounds cool maybe we could play as a counciler or Tommy Jarvis and kill Jason like in part 4 or use the sweater and kill him with the machete like in part 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/19/2018 at 7:02 PM, wildthing73 said:

@ShiftySamurai

Hey Daniel, a lot of people have been speculating that the Single Player Challenges Demo has been cancelled and you guys are just going ahead with the Single Player Challenges in their entirety with the engine update patch... is that true?  From the yeah ,wwhat he saidvideo you posted, it looked as though you were playing the Tutorial challenge in the actual demo and not in the full game, is this the demo we were supposed to be getting to play or was the Single Player Challenges Demo on the roadmap just referring to a video demonstration of what the challenges will be like?

Yeah ,what he said

April's 6 weeks away, how's about something in the meantime like something that's already completed and can be used with this engine ? A new counselor or kill , something little. A playable demo makes me think of free demo disc in PlayStation Magazine ,lol .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wait we can get more counselor to make this single player look interesting not just same counselor being use by

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/6/2018 at 12:20 PM, antonz said:

Are the single player challenges free ?

Yes, they said they will all be free with the next update :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, they're all being updated at the same time, generally all with in one days time. (Certification can make it a day or so late on consoles.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×