ShiftySamurai

First Look: Single Player Challenges

From what im seeing in the video,it look great,its exactly like watching the movies,well from Jason perspective at least.

Tough,i must say...the area was kinda small,i do hope that some of the challenges will feature at least slightly larger map for a bit more liberty of movement and a fews more different A.I patterns.

And like some other guy said,it would be great if Jason start weaponless and has to find weapons around the location.

• Like 1

I wasn't able to enjoy the video,it kept lagging alot,but overall,i get the idea.Looks like fun!However,i'm hoping we also get some single player challenges where we play as counselors too.Overall,good work,and many thanks!

8 hours ago, Cokeyskunk said:

Respectfully disagree.

Check out this proposal:

http://forum.f13game.com/topic/14697-new-game-mode-idea-more-like-the-films/

Your suggestion still doesn't account for the issue at hand.

Stalk + Shift = Game breaking if you could stalk 24/7. There would be NOTHING a counselor could do to avoid getting stealth killed unless they literaly sat in a cabin the entire match and locked all the doors and waited for Jason. And Jason without Shift makes keeping up with Counselors near impossible at times.

Removing a Counselors ability to run as well just drags matches out and is the equivalent of removing Jason's Shift.

Your mode also suggests repairing being the sole objective, but again, you're focusing 100% on theorycraft of what sounds cool in your head as opposed to how it would ACTUALLY play out with real people.

If Jason can shift grab you out of no where, no one is going to go outside in the open and no one is gonna go near an objective.

Not being able to Shift would make Jason unable to sneak up behind someone due to the 3rd person view which allows you to see around you. So you'd enter "Alert" Mode anytime Jason snuck up on you.

So without Shift, Jason's only way of getting a Stealth kill would be to hide around a corner or such and hope a counselor walked into him. But again, with 3rd person view, you can check around corners with your camera before going to them. So again, it destroys that.

Again, your ideas sound cool on paper but don't hold up in a multiplayer environment because they would either make the game terribly broken and unfun for Counselors or simply promote a very boring and pointless meta where no one does anything other than hide in a cabin the entire match, or both.

No one wants to deal with being killed every match by something they have NO way of countering. 

In the current game, you know when Jason is nearby or know when he entered stalk. So you can react accordingly and wait inside a cabin for him to make a move or to come out of stalk. You also know when he shifts and can juke it. You have options to counter.

Your mode idea has none of those options and thus you make Counselors have zero options to deal with Jason's abilities. That doesn't create a fun game for the Counselors. It just forces them to stay inside a cabin 24/7 because going out in the open is a death trap.

Hopefully you can understand the constructive criticism i'm offering and not take it personally.

There's a reason Jason's gameplay works the way it does. Because it's the only way to make him work as close to Jason as possible and make him OP without making it impossible for Counselors to survive or have fun.

That's why they came up with Paranoia to try and give that sense of stealthiness within the games context. As not knowing who the killer is would allow for some of that without being game breaking and having the killer appear behind you and grab you constantly without warning. 

Wonder if, maybe for less points, you could just be all "screw that" and go wading in with your axe. Always good to have options for variety.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ikarikh said:

Your suggestion still doesn't account for the issue at hand.

I love all of the thoughts! But I do have answers for you. I shall respond at length on Monday.

This looked great and i cannot wait for it to drop. It was nice to see the counselors interacting and having a conversation bringing us that movie style feel. @ShiftySamurai Will there be new trophies/achievements for the SP challenges mode? I was really hoping there would be some for virtual cabin but there wasn't so i am hoping that SP challenges will have them. Can you confirm this?

holyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitvholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshit

I love it! I think it looks awesome. Basically it'll be like the VR Missions in Metal Gear games but with little mini-storylines/voice acting, correct?

Thanks for giving us a little taste.

Wow. That is going to be the balls! Takes the game and puts you into the movie.

I think they need to tighten up their camp ! Gun has a leak somewhere internally . Yesterday I posted a link from youtube that showed several new kills and a new counselor and a wheel chair Mark kill . I didn't make that video or have that information but my post was removed. My intent wasn't to cause any issues but it was removed. I think they better shut down those youtubers because someone is leaking information.  If these things are true then the game is going to get even better.

April 2018 release date? I remember having to buy a crappy MAGAZINE for info , this site is all about just one thing and I LOVE that thing called Friday the 13th . Is the patch going to offer ANY CLUE as to the counselor bio passwords on computer in the virtual cabin ? Any info on that would be appreciated , just like how to get clues or passwords ,whatever.   I , too would like to see Jason , NOT start weaponless but also find more locational variant interactive WEAPONS. .Glad to be apart of the Friday the 13th community . What's your feelings about NEW Halloween movie ?

Just now, Billabong506 said:

April 2018 release date? I remember having to buy a crappy MAGAZINE for info , this site is all about just one thing and I LOVE that thing called Friday the 13th . Is the patch going to offer ANY CLUE as to the counselor bio passwords on computer in the virtual cabin ? Any info on that would be appreciated , just like how to get clues or passwords ,whatever .Glad to be apart of the Friday the 13th community . What's your feelings about NEW Halloween movie ?

April is release date for engine upgrade, i dont know about challenge mode

TWarner is right , the poster was a little kid,maybe 10 and had access to a employee only info and graphics . Better check out employee with kids, probably an exec. I can look it up 4 u , if you like.

1 hour ago, i-cold said:

April is release date for engine upgrade, i dont know about challenge mode

He says in the post above, it will release with the engine update

58 minutes ago, pioneer67fkd said:

we know its coming in April but is it early or late April is what i wanna know

Do we know it's coming in April? All I've been aware of is that the engine update could be out as early as April, and I'm thinking that means it will be out later then that. So I'm just curious if April has been confirmed or if people are just speculating.