ShiftySamurai

First Look: Single Player Challenges

Looks very great and can't wait to see more !

Buggzy should piss in the gas tank.

The car's kill is very awesome, one of the best among those in game and film

So which levels can Jason catch Tiffany with Deborah making out in the shower before he crashes in and kills them?! lmao... this looks awesome! 

Sorry if there was already a comment on this but it would be really cool to see how it would turn out if the counselor was hit by a dart or Jason just let the 2 drive off.

This looks great. 

This is gonna round this game out into something even more special than it already is.

For a life long horror fan that felt horror products were always given second rate treatments, I (once again) commend Gun and Illfonic for doing true fan service at its best.

• Like 1

While the dedicated servers can't come soon enough. The game is waaaay more worthy of his price as it is right now.

And with the addition of this, lets hope so, fun sp challenge mod, i dare to say that the game will finally become what it was alway meant to be, a true monument of our favorite masked killer himself .

Amen

If this doesn't play like a much shittier version of Hitman, it could be good. Otherwise it'll lose replay value after seeing all the kills a couple of times.

Nice to see they added some character interaction. I was caught off guard when they showed a cut scene of Adam and Buggzy talking which is so cool. I was afraid they were just going to leave counselors quiet or just make grunting noises like a sim character lol.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Liquid Swordsman said:

Nice to see they added some character interaction. I was caught off guard when they showed a cut scene of Adam and Buggzy talking which is so cool. I was afraid they were just going to leave counselors quiet or just make grunting noises like a sim character lol.

I can't wait to hear my boy Chad speak! :chadwut:

• Like 1

This is what I wish the online had been designed to play like. Stalk, stealth, ambushing the unsuspecting prey. They never know what hit them. Much like many of the deaths on film the counselors may, at best, catch but a glimpse of their killer before they're off. 

I really like how this looks. 

Good job.

26 minutes ago, DasMurich said:

This is what I wish the online had been designed to play like. Stalk, stealth, ambushing the unsuspecting prey. They never know what hit them. Much like many of the deaths on film the counselors may, at best, catch but a glimpse of their killer before they're off. 

I really like how this looks. 

Good job.

Online wouldn't be fun from the Counselors persepective (which is what you play the most) if Jason could sneak up on you at any time. 

That's why it fits better in single player with Stalk working like it does in multiplayer to balance it out to be fair for the other players.

2 hours ago, AldermachXI said:

If this doesn't play like a much shittier version of Hitman, it could be good. Otherwise it'll lose replay value after seeing all the kills a couple of times.

Whether it has replay value or not shouldn't matter overall. Just like a movie you watch only once, it doesn't prevent you from enjoying it.

Based on the video though, he does get 250+ xp for the first kill. So it'll likely be a great way to farm xp.

But even if it was fairly linear, it's still something fun to do on the side when no one is online to play with, servers are down etc.

And it adds personality for all our fav chars to help expand on them lore wise. That's not a bad thing by any means to actually finally get to know our Counselors we spent the last year with.

I can already see myself actually playing this from time to time, way more than the boring offline bots just for the personality and flare alone.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, ikarikh said:

Online wouldn't be fun from the Counselors persepective (which is what you play the most) if Jason could sneak up on you at any time. 

That's why it fits better in single player with Stalk working like it does in multiplayer to balance it out to be fair for the other players.

Respectfully disagree.

Check out this proposal:

http://forum.f13game.com/topic/14697-new-game-mode-idea-more-like-the-films/

I'm pleasantly surprised to see some cut scenes for the counselors, giving them more character and adding to that slasher movie feel.

I'm wondering how Jason's controls are going to feel for this more stealth based game mode though. For instance it not clear to me how far Adam's sight goes there. Maybe you could give Jason a mini map where he could see counselors vision cones on? Like in the game Bully for example.

I also worry that I could end up morphing myself into bad spots, blowing my cover, since its really inaccurate in the multiplayer and you can't see counselors on the map.

Still the cinematic-ness of this mode makes it look like it can be a fun experience so i'm going to be cautiously optimistic for now.

@ShiftySamurai¬†This makes me excited for the update. I know you guys catch a lot of shit, especially you. Good to see a thread that is mostly positive after you post something. Looking forward to seeing everything that is coming up for the game this year. Big thumbs up from me.¬†ūüĎć

Wow guys! Great Job, loved the dialog and the kills! That looks almost like a scene from part 3! When I first heard of Friday the 13th the game I imagined it could be great, even through the rough patches I'm still having fun! As a life long horror kid I gotta say thank you, and please carry on!

2 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

This is my kind of thing- wondering if the demo drops before the upgrade? 

Sounds to me like the demo is cancelled. After all, they're saying no updates until the engine upgrade.

3 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

Sounds to me like the demo is cancelled. After all, they're saying no updates until the engine upgrade.

True. That would make sense on their part.