J.J.

Confessions of a host quitter.

28 minutes ago, J.J. said:

Couldn't you have just said "people who work with Jason" instead of using a made up word? :unsure:

Pretty much that's what it's been called for quite some time. Why would you call a group of couselors attacking Jason, "Jason teamers"?

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, J.J. said:

It's kinda stupid to admit you use illegal drugs on a public forum. :lol:

Are you familiar with drug laws in Canada? Maybe it isnt very stupid at all

You want people to answer your question or not? It seems to me that you are the one being stupid. You've had a handful of people that reply and I have seen you give at least 3 of those people a hard time about one thing or another.  You've been here for barely over a week and you have already built a bit of a "rep" and it's not a positive one. You should be glad anybody responds to anything that you say at this point. 

Also , "getting the last laugh" isnt a good reason to quit as host in my opinion. it sucks , what happened to you sure, but I see it as very similar to quitting during a kill animation. Things didnt shake  out like you wanted them to and you flex what small power you have. Pretty immature if you ask me, And you kinda did by bringing it up here.

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, J.J. said:

Couldn't you have just said "people who work with Jason" instead of using a made up word? :unsure:

It's a colloquialism for these forums.  Most people use "Jason Teamers" or 'helpers" interchangeably.

I’ve never quit as host for something as petty as not getting picked up in a car. 

Ive quit with obvious Jason helpers or team killers that just run people over. Back in the Packanack roof days, I closed lots of lobbies.

1 minute ago, Toddarino said:

I’ve never quit as host for something as petty as not getting picked up in a car. 

Ive quit with obvious Jason helpers or team killers that just run people over. Back in the Packanack roof days, I closed lots of lobbies.

It's not that it's the fact he arrogantly honked to take the piss.

17 minutes ago, J.J. said:

It's kinda stupid to admit you use illegal drugs on a public forum. :lol:

I never said i use illegal drugs.. I said weed.  :P

Besides this forum seems cool.     Doubt its a problem

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, J.J. said:

Noun

teamer (plural teamers)

1. (usually in combinations) Someone in a team.

It's not a made up word

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, The Preppy Guy said:

Noun

teamer (plural teamers)

1. (usually in combinations) Someone in a team.

It's not a made up word

Did you get that from an accredited dictionary or just google?

I can't fathom playing this on console and having to deal with the host leaving all the time. That is a level of Hell I'm glad I don't suffer on on the PC. (i play plenty of games on console, I just happen to get this one on the PC)

I would hope a person would stick it out as the host, but as the countless comments show, it is not that common in quickplay, but I could see someone dropping as host if a player is being a dick in game.

48 minutes ago, stoney said:

You have 183 post and only 4 rep.

I don't think I need to say anymore. 

No one cares about reps, you could be given the confused or crying face only and that wouldn’t be any better than having no rep at all.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, carnage4u said:

I can't fathom playing this on console and having to deal with the host leaving all the time. That is a level of Hell I'm glad I don't suffer on on the PC. (i play plenty of games on console, I just happen to get this one on the PC)

I would hope a person would stick it out as the host, but as the countless comments show, it is not that common in quickplay, but I could see someone dropping as host if a player is being a dick in game.

Its bad..  People tend to quit for anything and everything.

Even when im Jason i make sure to leave the host alive till the end if i can.    Killing the host too early usually ends in a quit.

4 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

Its bad..  People tend to quit for anything and everything.

Even when im Jason i make sure to leave the host alive till the end if i can.    Killing the host too early usually ends in a quit.

Well see it from their perspective. If they get killed in the first minute why the hell would they wait for possibly an entire 20 minutes for no points at all? Sure some like watching the match but others just wanna be playing. 

I only quit as host one time but that was because my boyfriend came over and I was in the mood... 

tenor.gif

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, J.J. said:

Well see it from their perspective. If they get killed in the first minute why the hell would they wait for possibly an entire 20 minutes for no points at all? Sure some like watching the match but others just wanna be playing. 

You get 500 points just for not quitting early.

Just now, Gummybish said:

I only quit as host one time but that was because my boyfriend came over and I was in the mood... 

tenor.gif

TMI

• Thanks 1

One time some asshole had the audacity to mow me down in the car - I WAS HOST!  I closed the lobby immediately.

The only time I willingly quit a lobby as host is when I’m ready to leave, and I’m always informing everyone beforehand. I never really had problems with Jason teamers or trolls when I’m host. I just kick them out the lobby.

4 minutes ago, J.J. said:

It's more about respect and common courtesy I guess. Have you eve been to a graduation ceremony? Wouldnt it be shitty if everyone just left after they got their diploma? Them and their families? Wouldnt it seem rude to be sitting there as person with a last name that starts with Z and nobody is sitting there to witness it?  

You are making a very strong declaration that your time is more valuable than everyone else's time. " I didnt make good decisions or had some bad luck and got killed in the first few minutes. I dont give a shit about wasting everyone else's time so their game is over too."

6 minutes ago, Gummybish said:

tenor.gif

That hasn't stopped me before. Wireless controllers and TV infront of the bed FTW! xD

1 minute ago, Sweenmasheen said:

It's more about respect and common courtesy I guess. Have you eve been to a graduation ceremony? Wouldnt it be shitty if everyone just left after they got their diploma? Them and their families? Wouldnt it seem rude to be sitting there as person with a last name that starts with Z and nobody is sitting there to witness it?  

You are making a very strong declaration that your time is more valuable than everyone else's time. " I didnt make good decisions or had some bad luck and got killed in the first few minutes. I dont give a shit about wasting everyone else's time so their game is over too."

I didn't even go to mine I hated everyone at school. :lol:

1 minute ago, J.J. said:

That hasn't stopped me before. Wireless controllers and TV infront of the bed FTW! xD

Jeez you both play games while in the mood? #Couplegoals 

1 minute ago, Ghostboy20 said:

Jeez you both play games while in the mood? #Couplegoals 

Literally the only thing his mouth is good for XD

1 minute ago, J.J. said:

Literally the only thing his mouth is good for XD

Lol At least he's putting his mouth to good use ;)

Okay, host quit only means "mid game leaving while hosting the lobby", I would say. Because if I'm at the lobby screen and afromentioned lobby takes a billion years without adding at least a fifth player, I'll close the darned thing. And I don't consider this quitting.

I don't mind people in private chat, but as soon as I see a blatant degree of Jason-teaming  (that term could've been picked up within a day in this forum), I will leave. I don't mind Jason NOT directly hunting down his/her friend, I do mind being served on a silver platter when the driver stops with the two seater for me to get pulled out and killed, especially if it happens to others afterwards. Or my door to be unbarricaded again and again while Jason's music gets louder.

• Like 1