Sign in to follow this  
The Gunslinger

Jason buff fucked up Buggzy

That’s the way the game should be. The wrench does not have a 100% stun rate. The baseball bat does however. I don’t attempt to stun Jason EVER without a baseball bat.

• Like 1

It's no different than before. Stun chance is dependant on the weapon, and I don't believe Strength ties into stun chance or duration. Just equip sucker punch if you want better stun rate.

Yeah I think strength only goes into damage dealt not stun chance. If you want to knock off jason's mask with a machete you used Buggzy. Now that isn't a really viable strategy anymore so it still did nerf Buggzy.

5 minutes ago, Chetork said:

Yeah I think strength only goes into damage dealt not stun chance. If you want to knock off jason's mask with a machete you used Buggzy. Now that isn't a really viable strategy anymore so it still did nerf Buggzy.

Why is that not a viable strategy? Buggzy with a machete can still knock Jasons mask off in roughly 3 hits.

22 minutes ago, Tattooey said:

The wrench does not have a 100% stun rate. The baseball bat does however. I don’t attempt to stun Jason EVER without a baseball bat.

Apparently the bat isn’t 100% either. One of the devs or shifty said so on here a couple of weeks ago.

8 minutes ago, CPLhicks31 said:

Why is that not a viable strategy? Buggzy with a machete can still knock Jasons mask off in roughly 3 hits.

Well I mean viable? Yes. Practical? No.

Killing Jason felt like a pretty nice option back when counselors were stacked with pocket knives, but now it is the only escape objective that can completely fail if tommy or the sweater wearer dies, or if any small part of the plan goes wrong.

It's just not a main focus any more in this Jason meta

Just now, BFizzle said:

Apparently the bat isn’t 100% either. One of the devs or shifty said so on here a couple of weeks ago.

I've never seen the bat not stun in any situation... Do you know which dev said that? It might be true, but I doubt that ;-;

19 minutes ago, Chetork said:

Killing Jason felt like a pretty nice option back when counselors were stacked with pocket knives, but now it is the only escape objective that can completely fail if tommy or the sweater wearer dies, or if any small part of the plan goes wrong.

Good, it shouldn't be.

4 minutes ago, Chetork said:

I've never seen the bat not stun in any situation... Do you know which dev said that? It might be true, but I doubt that ;-;

I've seen it happen an awful lot lately especially if Jason is in combat stance (not blocking). I'm pretty certain that every time it didn't stun Jason the bat broke on that hit as well.

It was [IllFonic]Courier that said that in another thread. He said that the weapons have all been updated and the correct chart (as of now) is in the "How to Play" section in the game.

I wish they had included this in the patch notes back in December, it would have been nice to know that all of the weapon stats have changed..

1 minute ago, R.J MacReady said:

Good, it shouldn't be.

didn't say it should be >_>

Good points by all on killing Jason. Its still an option, and it times it is the best option, but most of the time people won't even think about it since the patch unless it is an experienced lobby.

26 minutes ago, Chetork said:

And I have footage of the bat bouncing off of Savini Jason without stunning him.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BFizzle said:

And I have footage of the bat bouncing off of Savini Jason without stunning him.

Thanks for the confirmation! I guess it must be if Jason blocks he can avoid stun

32 minutes ago, Chetork said:

Thanks for the confirmation! I guess it must be if Jason blocks he can avoid stun

Nah, he wasn’t blocking when it happened to me.

1 hour ago, Chetork said:

According to who's meta? Killing Jason is still perfectly viable, all you need is coordinated players. Or rather, just 1 good player telling Tommy what to do. 

1 hour ago, Tommy86 said:

According to who's meta? Killing Jason is still perfectly viable, all you need is coordinated players. Or rather, just 1 good player telling Tommy what to do. 

Not just coordinated , you also need players with "brains".

52 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

That's the problem, try going into quick play lobbies and coordinate a group to kill Jason.

i still try sometimes but only in private matches with friends where we actually have game knowledge and know when it's the right time to try and the right time to not.

10 hours ago, Chetork said:

It’s not really a nerf but more about strength being useless. If you aren’t trying to knock Jasons mask off then the stat has no other purpose. (besides breaking free from a grab) 

Use the sucker punch perk then

But his role is get Jason's mask off, not stun him. 

10 hours ago, Chetork said:

Courier confirmed no weapon has 100% stun chance. Only the weapon used and Sucker Punch perk affect it.

Jason Stun Resistance has to do with stun duration. It has nothing to do with his chance of being stunned.

Luck does not affect stun chance.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

Courier confirmed no weapon has 100% stun chance. Only the weapon used and Sucker Punch perk affect it.

Jason Stun Resistance has to do with stun duration. It has nothing to do with his chance of being stunned.

Luck does not affect stun chance.

So you can lose a stun with the bat once every 50 or so times?

Explains why we don't notice since the combat mechanics are wonky.

49 minutes ago, RoyBurns said:

So you can lose a stun with the bat once every 50 or so times?

Explains why we don't notice since the combat mechanics are wonky.

Courier never gave out the actual coded stun chances. I've seen bats not stun before quite a few times, but with epic sucker punch I suspect the probably is very low it will fail.