Jump to content

Double XP  

117 members have voted

  1. 1. Do you think they do these too often

    • Yes
      11
    • No
      106


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, pioneer67fkd said:

dude this is the 5th one 4th since physical release of the game 

It's definitely not, but even if it was, that's only once a month since it released in Oct. That's still not all that bad. Games like CoD do them just as often, and only have 1/3 of the level growth maximum that this game has... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum777 said:

The level cap is 150 and the final character unlock isn't until 44. The only way the average working adult gamer is ever gonna get to 44 and beyond is through these sorts of events. I've been playing since day 1 and I'm still only in the 30's. I just hate that they always put these on weekends, when I'm usually busy with other things. It would be nice if they did a double XP week for once so that those who game mostly in the middle of the week could jump in on the action as well... All that said, 4 times in seven months isn't really that bad, especially since it's only for 3 days each time. Most of those times were apologies for issues with the game that caused a bunch of lost XP from disconnects and what not, so it's hard to even really count that against them. 

I share your sentiments about a double XP week.  Would really help the adults with children and/or social lives level up.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum777 said:

I just hate that they always put these on weekends, when I'm usually busy with other things (this weekend is my anniversary and the beginning of tilling my backyard... :wacko:) It would be nice if they did a double XP week for once so that those who game mostly in the middle of the week could jump in on the action as well...

tindergif.gif&client=cbc79c14efcebee5740

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Level only matters to unlock specific items. Some people cannot play 400+ hours to get lvl 100 to 150, so these type of weekends gives people a chance to level up a little faster and get some the cool unlocks (new kills, bloody Jasons, and some outfit stuff)


A person doesn't get better by simply being a higher level.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Splatterhouse said:

And the award for the most worthless topic of February goes to... 

It actually goes to topic from yesterday that was closed because it was, well, gross.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, carnage4u said:

Level only matters to unlock specific items. Some people cannot play 400+ hours to get lvl 100 to 150, so these type of weekends gives people a chance to level up a little faster and get some the cool unlocks (new kills, bloody Jasons, and some outfit stuff)


A person doesn't get better by simply being a higher level.

The scoreboard and my mommy say otherwise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TimmyJarvis said:

I share your sentiments about a double XP week.  Would really help the adults with children and/or social lives level up.

I call bullshit. I work 50 hours a week and half a day on sats. I also take both my girls home from dance at 9pm 7 days a week. I have been playing since the day I received my digital code. I was lev 101 by nov. I usually play every night from around 10 pm until 1 or 1-30 then I get up and all over again at 5:30 am. I doubt many of you have as busy of a schedule as i. You choose to do what you do with your spare time. I choose to play this game/train and ride my bike a lot. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cer1alkill3r said:

I call bullshit. I work 50 hours a week and half a day on sats. I also take both my girls home from dance at 9pm 7 days a week. I have been playing since the day I received my digital code. I was lev 101 by nov. I usually play every night from around 10 pm until 1 or 1-30 then I get up and all over again at 5:30 am. I doubt many of you have as busy of a schedule as i. You choose to do what you do with your spare time. I choose to play this game/train and ride my bike a lot. 

Sleeping four hours a night may work out in Canada, but not everyone has the luxury of eschewing half the physician recommended amount of sleep each night (which has been conclusively linked to early onset dementia, btw, so be careful).

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

Sleeping four hours a night may work out in Canada, but not everyone has the luxury of eschewing half the physician recommended amount of sleep each night (which has been conclusively linked to early onset dementia, btw, so be careful).

Thank you sir. This is a sleep pattern that we started when the kids were small and now that I’ve been doing it for the last 13 years I’m used to it. There are some days that I’ll sleep until six but then I only have 45 min for my workout before I start my 10 hour shift. I usually get either a sat to myself or a Sunday. The wife and I alternate the weekend shift of dance. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Cer1alkill3r said:

I call bullshit. I work 50 hours a week and half a day on sats. I also take both my girls home from dance at 9pm 7 days a week. I have been playing since the day I received my digital code. I was lev 101 by nov. I usually play every night from around 10 pm until 1 or 1-30 then I get up and all over again at 5:30 am. I doubt many of you have as busy of a schedule as i. You choose to do what you do with your spare time. I choose to play this game/train and ride my bike a lot. 

OK, you have a fairy busy schedule. A lot of the adults that play the game can say the same thing. But, the initial question about this poll still remains. You used it to farm XP back in December and level to 150. Now that you have no reason to farm anymore, you don't believe that Double XP weekends should be a thing anymore.

Does that not seem selfish to you? Judging by the results of the poll, it seems pretty selfish to 91% of the people who voted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Rexfellis said:

OK, you have a fairy busy schedule. A lot of the adults that play the game can say the same thing. But, the initial question about this poll still remains. You used it to farm XP back in December and level to 150. Now that you have no reason to farm anymore, you don't believe that Double XP weekends should be a thing anymore.

Does that not seem selfish to you? Judging by the results of the poll, it seems pretty selfish to 91% of the people who voted.

People like to abuse a system, and then call out the issues with the system they used to get to where they are. That is just human nature. Real life is filled with infinite examples of this. 

The simple fact is, it takes a long time to reach level 150. A person only loses out on kills, bloody skins, and some outfits, but many peopel like like these without needing 400+ hours to play, and double exp weekends help with this.

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, carnage4u said:

The simple fact is, it takes a long time to reach level 150. A person only loses out on kills, bloody skins, and some outfits, but many peopel like like these without needing 400+ hours to play, and double exp weekends help with this.

Oh, I agree with you 100%. I know exactly why @Cer1alkill3r doesn't want to see these events anymore. I've been playing the game since digital launch, and I am nowhere near level 100, much less 150. I take advantage of double xp weekends when I can. I just wanted to see if the OP had come up with a reason why he/she thinks that once every couple of months is suddenly too often.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Rexfellis said:

OK, you have a fairy busy schedule. A lot of the adults that play the game can say the same thing. But, the initial question about this poll still remains. You used it to farm XP back in December and level to 150. Now that you have no reason to farm anymore, you don't believe that Double XP weekends should be a thing anymore.

Does that not seem selfish to you? Judging by the results of the poll, it seems pretty selfish to 91% of the people who voted.

I didn’t farm. I just played the game. And if there is anyone that was a level 101 and didn’t make it to 150 by the end of the week I would be surprised. I played like I do every day. Maybe a little more because I had a couple days off work. I would prefer the leveling to go on forever personally. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Cer1alkill3r said:

I didn’t farm. I just played the game. And if there is anyone that was a level 101 and didn’t make it to 150 by the end of the week I would be surprised. I played like I do every day. Maybe a little more because I had a couple days off work. I would prefer the leveling to go on forever personally. 

If you went up 49 levels during one event, you were farming. But, it is just a word, no reason to argue semantics. I can guarantee you that most people with responsibilities or other interests outside playing this game did not level near that much. I'm glad that you found something to spend most of your free time on. Some of us do not have the luxury, or even desire to do so. Personally, I work a lot of hours, I have a family and friends who I enjoy engaging in activities other than video games with, and I have other things that I choose to do with my limited free time.

So, for the people that do not have much allotted time for gaming, these events help us to gain a couple of levels when we get a chance. And really, what is the point of leveling forever if you don't get anything for it? Is it just the prestige of saying "I am whatever level, that makes me better than you."? You had to know how this poll was going to go when you posted it. Especially after you admitted that you used a double XP event to get from 101-150. If you didn't, I would say maybe you are either a bit naive, or maybe a lttle self-absorbed.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Cer1alkill3r said:

And if there is anyone that was a level 101 and didn’t make it to 150 by the end of the week I would be surprised. I played like I do every day. Maybe a little more because I had a couple days off work. I would prefer the leveling to go on forever personally. 

Challenge Accepted.  I'm 53 right now, and I'm going to punish those bots until my eyeballs bleed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ummmm...no updates on anything that matters until April.

Should they...do absolutely nothing for the playerbase? Sit on their hands? Have @Randygbk stream 5 times a week? Do more dev streams?

I see no issue with this.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Rexfellis said:

If you went up 49 levels during one event, you were farming. But, it is just a word, no reason to argue semantics. I can guarantee you that most people with responsibilities or other interests outside playing this game did not level near that much. I'm glad that you found something to spend most of your free time on. Some of us do not have that luxury, or even the desire to do so. Personally, I work a lot of hours, I have a family and friends who I enjoy just spending time with, and I have other things that I choose to do with my free time.

So, for the people that do not have much allotted time for gaming, these events help us to gain a couple of levels when we get a chance. And really, what is the point of leveling forever if you don't get anything for it? Is it just the prestige of saying "I am whatever level, that makes me better than you."? You had to know how this poll was going to go when you posted it. Especially after you admitted that you used a double XP event to get from 101-150. If you didn't, I would say maybe you are either a bit naive, or maybe a lttle self-absorbed.

Not about being better my friend. And no I didn’t know how the poll would go. That’s why it’s a poll.what I do know is that every match I play on Xbox I have two or more people that are maxed out. I fear that after everyone maxes out there will be no one else to play the game with because there will be nothing left to achieve. This is the only game I really play and I don’t want it to die out. That’s all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Cer1alkill3r said:

I think these are taking the true skill out of the game by making it easy to farm in offline mode

Your Account level has nothing to do with your skill, just your experience.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Cer1alkill3r said:

I fear that after everyone maxes out there will be no one else to play the game with because there will be nothing left to achieve. This is the only game I really play and I don’t want it to die out. That’s all. 

It's a reasonable concern.  I think the bigger threat is the game staying "fresh" when new games are constantly being released.  

There's nothing on my radar until Red Dead Redemption II hits later this year, but that doesn't mean Monster Hunter World or something else may start to suck up some of my gaming time between now and then.  I'm mostly a "one game at a time" gamer.  In the last two years, I've focused on ESO, The Division, Marvel Heroes Omega, Rainbow Six, and F13, with smaller "filler" titles that I play on and off.  In each of those cases, the games were all extremely "grindy", and eventually, I simply got bored with them.  

F13 isn't anywhere near that for me yet, but I've only been playing since October.  I figure I can squeeze another two to three months out of this at the very least, if not more, and at that point, I'm looking at a six-month experience for a $40 game.  It's really hard to find a value like that in an era of $60 titles with $40-$50 Season Passes, Paid DLC, or monthly subscription services.

It's rare for me to buy a game right at launch because I've been snakebit too many times.  Ubisoft, in particular has a troubling record in this regard (The Division and For Honor made me swear off EVERY Ubisoft title for at least six months after it releases), and so I tend to do my homework once a game's community has had time to stabilize or the actual game has been patched  considerably from it's initial iteration.
F13 is no different, but if I'm being honest, the price point and IP were more of an enticement than the actual gameplay mechanics when I made the purchase.  If the game ended up being a "dud", I'd only be out $40.  While not a small sum, it's certainly more palpable than being out $60 or more.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Cer1alkill3r said:

Not about being better my friend. And no I didn’t know how the poll would go. That’s why it’s a poll.what I do know is that every match I play on Xbox I have two or more people that are maxed out. I fear that after everyone maxes out there will be no one else to play the game with because there will be nothing left to achieve. This is the only game I really play and I don’t want it to die out. That’s all. 

I will admit, I am at a loss here.  I play games like this for the experience of the game, not to reach the highest level. There are games in which you level up and get better weapons, armor, and skills. I see the point in striving for higher levels in those, and I have played many of them over the years. This game is built for the atmosphere of Friday the 13th, at least that is how I see it. I mean, once you get past a certain level, all you have to look forward to is cosmetic stuff. That, and the CP to take that chance and roll for perks.

I'm sure they will up the max level at some point. Hell, WoW's been doing it for years, and there are still a ton of people playing it. Despite the doomsayers on here that predict the game is going to die every week, I have no doubt that it will be around for a long time to come. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cer1alkill3r said:

I call bullshit. I work 50 hours a week and half a day on sats. I also take both my girls home from dance at 9pm 7 days a week. I have been playing since the day I received my digital code. I was lev 101 by nov. I usually play every night from around 10 pm until 1 or 1-30 then I get up and all over again at 5:30 am. I doubt many of you have as busy of a schedule as i. You choose to do what you do with your spare time. I choose to play this game/train and ride my bike a lot. 

I don't consider it bullshit that people have other aspirations than to log into a video game night in and night out. That sort of banality would make me tire of the game pretty damn quick honestly. These sorts of double xp weekends are there to try and woo old players back into the fold just as much as they exist to help level up those with social lives beyond a screen. Not really sure why you're so against it honestly. There's no harm in it whatsoever. If anything, it helps draw more players in so matches fill up quicker and there's less waiting around. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cer1alkill3r said:

I call bullshit. I work 50 hours a week and blah blah blah blah. I doubt many of you have as busy of a schedule as i. You choose to do what you do with your spare time. I choose to play this game/train and ride my bike a lot. 

Uh huh. As for the rest of us: http://theoatmeal.com/comics/online_gaming 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Double XP Weekend does no good when the host quits in every session. I'm gonna start taking screencaps before matches of the rosters so I can report hosts who quit on Xbox One.

 

Is Cer1alFARMER still defending his position of wanting others to not catch up by using the same method he used?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×