Okay, I did a search which turned up nothing, which means one of three things:

1. No one has really talked about it yet.
  2. I'm a moron.
  3. Both.

SO . . . why can we as counselors pick up the hockey mask?

Once it's lopped off Jason's handsome mug and we pick it up, it goes into our inventory. But as far as I can tell, there's no functionality of it.

You can't put it on.

You can't use it against Jason.

JASON can't take it or put it back on.

So . . . why?

As of right now, it seems like it just fills up an inventory slot.

Am I missing something? Because if it currently REALLY does nothing, couldn't the devs give it SOME kind of functionality?

. . . or perhaps . . . there IS one already that no one has yet discovered . . . ?

*musical twinge*

When it's in your inventory, you can walk into Jason's shack and his mother won't warn him.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Dogmatic said:

When it's in your inventory, you can walk into Jason's shack and his mother won't warn him.

This.  If you can get it, give it to the female counselor who will wear the sweater.  She can get into the shack if she has it and the Jason player will not hear Pamela warning him that "they're here to get me Jason." 

Just now, Dr B DDS said:

This.  If you can get it, give it to the female counselor who will wear the sweater.  She can get into the shack if she has it and the Jason player will not hear Pamela warning him that "they're here to get me Jason." 

That's all?

No offense, but that seems like a rather small reward for clobbering an undead monster AND stealing his mask. 

And if he's trapped the shack, he'll be notified anyway -- mask or not.

It just seems like there should be more. That mask is the physical definition of the franchise.

Couldn't there be another perk? And why can't Jason pick it back up? (That would encourage others to take it.)

• Like 2

Also I've been told, take this with a grain of salt, that if you put it in a drawer by swapping items. The next match in the lobby will spawn a Pamela/Tommy Tape. I was told during a game by a 141 who says they have tested it, but couldn't find anything when I looked a month ago. Did some googling, haven't confirmed it for my self.

Just now, Cokeyskunk said:

Couldn't there be another perk? And why can't Jason pick it back up? (That would encourage others to take it.)

Immune to sense maybe? I agree, it is kind of pointless. Chances are when his mask is off he's not going anywhere near the shack when he's notified unless Tommy is dead or FAR away from it.

2 hours ago, Cokeyskunk said:

That's all?

No offense, but that seems like a rather small reward for clobbering an undead monster AND stealing his mask. 

It just seems like there should be more. That mask is the physical definition of the franchise.

It actually comes in quite handy when you wanna kill Jason.  A group keeps him occupied, you grab the mask and head in the shack.  By the time he is dying, he doesn't even realize anyone went to the love shack to snatch the rags. 

The mask helps get into Jason's hut without being heard, other then that nothing. Thought when Shelly came in he would be able to wear the mask but nope. 

2 minutes ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

It actually comes in quite handy when you wanna kill Jason.  A group keeps him occupied, you grab the mask and head in the shack.  By the time he is dying, he doesn't even realize anyone went to the love shack to snatch the rags. 

That is a good approach. But is there a secret to finding the shack? I've gone off searching for it a few times with the intent of getting the sweater and had a heck of a time finding it each time.

2 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:

That is a good approach. But is there a secret to finding the shack? I've gone off searching for it a few times with the intent of getting the sweater and had a heck of a time finding it each time.

On Higgen haven you can find the shack on the little island or you can find it by the graveyard, if you don't see a campfire at the graveyard the shack is there if you don't see the campfire at the island then the shack is there. That's the only map I could remember the spawns for the love shack 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:

Just pay attention when you play as Jason. there's only 2 potential spawn points for the shack on each map. Like @Ghostboy20 said, sometimes you can rule out 1 spawn point depending on where the campsites spawn.

If you don't want to go through playing as Jason to figure it out, the shack usually spawns somewhere a counselor wouldn't normally need to go.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:

Google each map, there are spawn maps that show every possible location.

except Pinehurst, they are north west passed the graveyard in a little loop, and southeast in the ravine. The campfire thing works here to, if there if a campfire no shack.

15 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:

Like others have said, there are maps online with the spawn points. I couldn't find any for the Jarvis/Pinehurst, but they're probably out there too.

A trick to remember is that Jason's shack replaces a bonfire each round. If you know the locations of the bonfires, yet one is missing, then you know where the shack will be.

43 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:

Here are Jason's shack locations for the original 3 maps(Crystal Lake, Higgins Haven, Packanack)

https://gameplay.tips/guides/552-friday-the-13th-the-game.html

For Jarvis, Pinehurst and the small maps, I haven't gotten around to memorizing those yet.

@Vaderspupil Jarvis shacks is at Elmwood camp or Hollow grove, Pack small is north east, if there is a boatouse it is south across the road. crystal lake small is east or south. higgins is east behind  barn or by grave yard. Pine hurst is north west or South east. I is smart image.jpeg.3e60d82704617d3c6f296433d7756835.jpeg

Wish Tommy could put it on and trick Jason using the mask too, would be pretty funny but it might make the kill scenario too unbalanced so it's probably better to keep it the way it is

2 minutes ago, BlitzBoy526 said:

@Vaderspupil Jarvis shacks is at Elmwood camp or Hollow grove, Pack small is north east, if there is a boatouse it is south across the road. crystal lake small is east or south. higgins is east behind  barn or by grave yard. Pine hurst is north west or South east. I is smart image.jpeg.3e60d82704617d3c6f296433d7756835.jpeg

I have seen the locations before both as a counselor and as Jason.  I just haven't put any effort into memorizing them because I haven't needed to.  I've completed the badges for entering his shack and using the sweater and I'm not a Jason hunter.  Thanks anyway though.

In theory it's also a nice method to communicate in a lobby of mutes. Especially with an early unmasking you can "show" that there's another opportunity to win the game. 

Practically no-one ever understood or picked ip on it when I tried to use it to communicate.

5 minutes ago, Thor_Bjarnason said:

In theory it's also a nice method to communicate in a lobby of mutes. Especially with an early unmasking you can "show" that there's another opportunity to win the game. 

Practically no-one ever understood or picked ip on it when I tried to use it to communicate.

True. I usually don't use my mic in quickplay and you're basically limited to the flashlight to communicate. Actually showing them the mask is the best way to let them know it's off. but even then most people don't get it or know what to do about it...

4 hours ago, Cokeyskunk said:

That's all?

It kinda makes sense.  That shack only has one way in and one way out.  The warning is right away as soon as they enter.  If Jason hears it and morphs instantly, they are stuck or at least now have to go head to head with Jason.  Before the Jason nerf patch it used to work well.  Not so sure about now though.  That's my understanding of it.

4 hours ago, Dogmatic said:

Okay, I did a search which turned up nothing, which means.....

2. I'm a moron.

This might not have been my choice of words but I picked option 2. 

36 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

This might not have been my choice of words but I picked option 2. 

Knew you would, pussycat!  

:lol:

8 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Also I've been told, take this with a grain of salt, that if you put it in a drawer by swapping items. The next match in the lobby will spawn a Pamela/Tommy Tape. I was told during a game by a 141 who says they have tested it, but couldn't find anything when I looked a month ago. Did some googling, haven't confirmed it for my self.

This is a fantastic little legend. Whether its true or not, I really dig it. 

It is, that why I felt the need to put it here. If it got confirmed, perfect. I always try to take the mask with me, so I'm never going to do the work of proving it. Some one will read it, one day I'll find a mask in a drawer, and get another one out of the camp, laughing the whole way.

2 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

It is, that why I felt the need to put it here. If it got confirmed, perfect. I always try to take the mask with me, so I'm never going to do the work of proving it. Some one will read it, one day I'll find a mask in a drawer, and get another one out of the camp, laughing the whole way.

The crummy part is you'd need a lobby full of mic players just to test this. Otherwise noone would let you know if tapes were spawning, they'd just take the tape and be none the wiser.