CPLhicks31

Toxic players who don't realize they are toxic? RANT

Eh, mute them (through their profile, not just in game), report them for unsporting behavior/voice communication, and then block them. All you really can do.

Jason has the right to spawn kill. It's a rule of this game and it isn't diffucult to run away from him when the game starts.

But some people don't like it. Because sometimes it takes 10 min to find a lobby then wait for players to connect. The game starts, you be killed and you're staying to watch the game for at least 15 minutes. I understand that also even if spawn kill don't bother me.

1 hour ago, Sinisterslither said:

Jason has the right to spawn kill. It's a rule of this game and it isn't diffucult to run away from him when the game starts.

But some people don't like it. Because sometimes it takes 10 min to find a lobby then wait for players to connect. The game starts, you be killed and you're staying to watch the game for at least 15 minutes. I understand that also even if spawn kill don't bother me.

I had no intention of this thread becoming a spawn killing debate, but honestly if people are annoyed they got spawn killed then they should change their beginning of game strategy. 

• Like 1

Toxic players in the game: Mute them and move on.

Toxic posters in the forum: Ignore them and move on.

Just because they are out there doesn't mean you have to play into their crap.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

I like to roll in it 

cdc.gif

• Haha 1

I stopped giving a s**t what others think a week after launch. I’m going to play the way I feel is the best way to play. Not about to let some scrubs dictate what I should do. Sometimes I’ll fix the car and just dip, with the sounds of whining counselors in the distance. Other times I’ll drive around, pick up anyone I can. Point is, I’m going to play MY way. Just play the game the way you feel it should be played. You’re going to have tons of players telling you what to do or what not to do. If you’re a fix a vehicle and leave person, do that. If you’re a stay as long as you can to help others, great. Do you. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, John Wick said:

I stopped giving a s**t what others think a week after launch. I’m going to play the way I feel is the best way to play. Not about to let some scrubs dictate what I should do. Sometimes I’ll fix the car and just dip, with the sounds of whining counselors in the distance. Other times I’ll drive around, pick up anyone I can. Point is, I’m going to play MY way. Just play the game the way you feel it should be played. You’re going to have tons of players telling you what to do or what not to do. If you’re a fix a vehicle and leave person, do that. If you’re a stay as long as you can to help others, great. Do you. 

Great post. I was getting conflicted. Appreciate the down to earth mindset.

SERIOUSLY!  it's a video game!  play how you want (as long as it's not outright cheating) and enjoy it for what it is, not your utopia version of what you think it should be.   If it's not for you, move on to another game.   So many little dictators in video games (and other aspects of life too) these days... I blame e-sports lol.    When I first started playing people were would be vocal about me being a hider. :/   I like to hide, it's part of the game.  People have hid from mass murderers and serial killers since the dawn of time!  I now do venture out from under the beds and outhouses though, but yeah, i still like to hide and watch through the slit, it gives me a rush.

5 minutes ago, KartRacerRob said:

When I first started playing people were would be vocal about me being a hider. :/   I like to hide, it's part of the game. 

Isn't there an achievement for staying in a hiding spot the entire match? Kinda hard to get that one of ya don't hide. Hahahahahaaaaaa

15 minutes ago, KartRacerRob said:

SERIOUSLY!  it's a video game!  play how you want (as long as it's not outright cheating) and enjoy it for what it is, not your utopia version of what you think it should be.   If it's not for you, move on to another game.   So many little dictators in video games (and other aspects of life too) these days... I blame e-sports lol.    When I first started playing people were would be vocal about me being a hider. :/   I like to hide, it's part of the game.  People have hid from mass murderers and serial killers since the dawn of time!  I now do venture out from under the beds and outhouses though, but yeah, i still like to hide and watch through the slit, it gives me a rush.

Absolutely, agreed... I like to hide too, but if I hid for an entire match i'd understand people if they complained a little, because hiding all match only helps myself and hinders everyone else. However if they flipped sh*t and began yelling and screaming i'd think chill, its just a game.

That said, regardless of a missunderatanding or a complaint,  yelling at other players and resorting to insults & harassment should not be encouragedand in certain cases does deserve to be reported. That is what my op was frustrated about, targeted harassment.

Hosts that quit as soon as they see they are not Jason and I was selected as Jason. ? 

I seriously hate not having dedicated servers and having to play as a counselor for hours waiting to be Jason.

Then get screwed when it's my turn to be Jason. It takes forever to get 1,000 matches as Jason because of this issue and toxic players on Xbox One.

This is why I'm starting to not play much anymore. The news about taking longer to update the engine before we can have dedicated servers sucks too.

I feel like I have been screwed out of 200+ matches easy as Jason since launch from host quits, disconnects, bugs, crashing, freezing etc.

Sometimes I don't like playing in private matches in LFG posts because the host will only pick themselves or their friends to be Jason.

4 minutes ago, GhostWolfViking said:

Hosts that quit as soon as they see they are not Jason and I was selected as Jason. ? 

I seriously hate not having dedicated servers and having to play as a counselor for hours waiting to be Jason.

Then get screwed when it's my turn to be Jason. It takes forever to get 1,000 matches as Jason because of this issue and toxic players on Xbox One.

This is why I'm starting to not play much anymore. The news about taking longer to update the engine before we can have dedicated servers sucks too.

I feel like I have been screwed out of 200+ matches easy as Jason since launch from host quits, disconnects, bugs, crashing, freezing etc.

Sometimes I don't like playing in private matches in LFG posts because the host will only pick themselves or their friends to be Jason.

I don't host servers but if I did I would always make it random or do it like this. Me then down to the next then down to the next that way everyone gets to be Jason.

• Like 1

quote:

Isn't there an achievement for staying in a hiding spot the entire match? Kinda hard to get that one of ya don't hide. Hahahahahaaaaaa

HA! maybe!  I vaguely remember that achievement?  Truth be told, I'm drunk and stoned 99% of the time when I play this game... as it should be ;)

17 hours ago, CPLhicks31 said:

IAnd hey, I get it, lots of people get frustrated and blame Jason for "spawn killing" so I understand where you're coming from. I'm not one of them though.

It's easier to blame other people for the failures they should take ownership of.

Here's what I think has been happening since the new re-balancing, and correct me if I'm wrong.

I think a lot of us here on the forum had boycotted online public matches to a greater or lesser extent, and so logged in again once the re-balancing had taken place, only to find that the fabric of the online player-base had withered to such an extent that we felt compelled to take to the F13 forum to vent our frustration!

On 2/8/2018 at 1:41 AM, CPLhicks31 said:

I usually do not get overly frustrated with other players, but I had a game today that was very frustrating because the toxic player(s) were being toxic in the name of team play. What I mean is, they had great ideals but didn't really understand the nature of what they were saying. I was at a loss for how to reason with them.

Here's what went down:

So, Jason (part 5) does not bother trapping any objectives and goes right to killing, or in this case attempting to kill. Ten seconds into the game he is on me and he doesn't let up. I lead him around for the first five plus minutes of the game and suddenly he morphs away. I take this opportunity to flee. A few minutes later, as I am jogging down the road to the next set of cabins, I see the two seat car fuming, bustee at the top of the map with no one else around. I pull up my map and see that there are two players running across the opposite side of the map. I assume they had the car, but they are long gone by now. They are out if my mic range, mini map range, and beyond the closest sets of cabins. The way their icons are moving suggests Jason is on them. 

I hop in the car, start it, and drive towards the exit to bait Jason. Instead of leaving, I wait for Jason to morph off them to me, and then I drive all the way across the map to the cabin that they have just climbed into. I start honking and one of them runs out and gets in the car. They tell me that someone is working on the cops, so I drive Jason around a bit until the call gets off. Then we drive out.

I come back as Tommy. Now I have a walkie so I announce my good intentions to help everyone. I literally speak into my mic when I am Tommy, declaring myself available to help. As I start sprinting towards the remaining counsellors, I hear a car driving. I check my map again and all three remaining counsellors are already in the car. Awesome I think. The driver starts yelling "get in the left side, left side asshole." So I run to the car. Wrong side. He starts calling me a dumbass as I get in the only empty seat. I say, "I wasn't sure if you meant your left or my left."

Jason is nowhere to be found. As we're driving to the exit one of them starts yelling at me, saying "wait, you're tommy jarvis you f@#king jerk get out and help the others! Tommy shouldn't just escape you wuss!" I try explaining that there are no other counsellors alive. Everyone I can help is in this car, and Jason isn't even around for me to fight. But they keep cutting me off, lecturing me, yelling and swearing about how Tommy ahould be played. At this point I realize they were all friends and I must have pissed one of them off, who is singling me out 

In the lobby, the one who was swearing at me most starts saying I am a dirtbag for stealing the two seat car. I try to explain that hey, I hate when people steal cars too, but i didnt show up with the keys and drive off right after you fixed it, or wait in a cabin next to it while you did all the work. I came across it completely abandoned in the middle of the road.  The player says, "yeah Jason stopped us so we left it." I say, well sorry but there was no one even remotely near by and no one talking on mics. Was the car reserved for you still at that point? I even drove it all the way back to you, around Jason, just to pick one of you up. Funny thing is, if they had still been anywhere close to the car I would have helped preoccupy Jason for them to get back in.

Usually I dont get frustrated when people are rude, but this person lecturing me on how to play Tommy for no apparent reason was just really odd. I will absolutely die for others to escape as Tommy. Heck, even as Jenny I will usually sacrifice myself to protect a car or fuse box so that others might escape.

Anyway, it turned out everyone in the lobby was low level except me and I dont want to bash them, but there can sometimes be a communication disconnect between different player levels. Example: This person inviting me into the car as tommy then yelling at me that tommy is supposed to help people. They most likely learned how to play Tommy recently, which is great, but as an experienced player I know all about tommy, and I also know that as the last person left it would be more helpful for me to go with them and fight Jason if he stops the car, rather than stay behind and force them to watch me juke Jason for the rest of the match.

Has anyone else experiened "missunderstandings" like this?

Can't believe I finally registered (I'll say "hi" later in the intro forum)  after lurking just to respond to this.

CPLHicks31 I was in this match with you and not a low level like you claimed the whole lobby was (125+ and many 101 level round trips). I was the actual driver of the second car and played with no mic (late and didn't want to wake anyone at home since it's the only time I usually get to play).  

I don't know what happened between you and the 2 passengers and the car you escaped in the first time. While that was happening I was fixing the phone and calling the cops. 

I had the keys and saw the other car just needed gas and had found the gas on my side of Higgins down from the phone. I went to the 4 seater down across from the island and the 2 (Guy & Girl)  were mad you took the car were there complaining & asking about keys. 

I started the car and headed up the road past Higgins as Jason caught the last survivor outside of us in front of Higgins trying to meet us. I saw you running down the main road to meet us and was honking for you to get in as Jason was morphing or shifting after us and we couldn't see him.  The guy was yelling to tell you which side as I started to get full fear mode driving. After that I remember the guy saying how you should have been sacrificing your self as Tommy to save the others  the girl and him bickering back and forth at you. Then after they left you feeling like you had to explain yourself. You didn't need to explain anything and you didn't what you could to survive the first time as Jason focused on chasing them and left the car free to take. Second time there wasn't much you could do as Tommy since you spawned as we got the car started & met us at the road. They were just "salty" because they put in work on getting the car going and they couldn't  escape with it. It all worked out in the end anyways we all escaped. 

Anyways I think we played another match or 2 before the host left but next time don't sweat it and if you see me online in a lobby feel free to add me as a friend, join me in a lobby or invite me, Username is same as here. 

15 hours ago, Fair Play said:

This. So much this.

I usually just mute everybody with a mic. Most of the time, nothing good comes out of hearing them. Yeah, there's a lot of shitty people playing...doesn't mean you have to listen to 'em. It's not worth getting upset about. Deprive them of the attention they're looking for.

The funny part is, I ALWAYS wait for Jason to stop the car and then steal it when people scatter like roaches when the lights come on.  The way I look at it is: "It's not my fault if they don't know how to drive a car."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

The funny part is, I ALWAYS wait for Jason to stop the car and then steal it when people scatter like roaches when the lights come on.  The way I look at it is: "It's not my fault if they don't know how to drive a car."

Shit happens when there is a killer that's killing indiscriminately.  This is a survival game after all.  People need to get over themselves a bit.

Just now, GeneiJin said:

Shit happens when there is a killer that's killing indiscriminately.  This is a survival game after all.  People need to get over themselves a bit.

Exactly, because without rules for evading an undead psychopathic killing machine, we're just a bunch of uncivilized barbarians.

10 hours ago, MPREZYA said:

Can't believe I finally registered (I'll say "hi" later in the intro forum)  after lurking just to respond to this.

CPLHicks31 I was in this match with you and not a low level like you claimed the whole lobby was (125+ and many 101 level round trips). I was the actual driver of the second car and played with no mic (late and didn't want to wake anyone at home since it's the only time I usually get to play).  

I don't know what happened between you and the 2 passengers and the car you escaped in the first time. While that was happening I was fixing the phone and calling the cops. 

I had the keys and saw the other car just needed gas and had found the gas on my side of Higgins down from the phone. I went to the 4 seater down across from the island and the 2 (Guy & Girl)  were mad you took the car were there complaining & asking about keys. 

I started the car and headed up the road past Higgins as Jason caught the last survivor outside of us in front of Higgins trying to meet us. I saw you running down the main road to meet us and was honking for you to get in as Jason was morphing or shifting after us and we couldn't see him.  The guy was yelling to tell you which side as I started to get full fear mode driving. After that I remember the guy saying how you should have been sacrificing your self as Tommy to save the others  the girl and him bickering back and forth at you. Then after they left you feeling like you had to explain yourself. You didn't need to explain anything and you didn't what you could to survive the first time as Jason focused on chasing them and left the car free to take. Second time there wasn't much you could do as Tommy since you spawned as we got the car started & met us at the road. They were just "salty" because they put in work on getting the car going and they couldn't  escape with it. It all worked out in the end anyways we all escaped. 

Anyways I think we played another match or 2 before the host left but next time don't sweat it and if you see me online in a lobby feel free to add me as a friend, join me in a lobby or invite me, Username is same as here. 

Hey thank you. 

And btw, I apologize for saying everyone was low level. I checked before the match, but I was unable to check two players due to the countdown starting in the lobby, so that must have been you 

Yeah I was just shocked to all of a sudden have a bunch of people yelling at me when I was trying to help most of the match. 

Thanks for calling the cops, I was trying to get Jason to chase the car while you were doing that.

Anyway thanks, really appreciate that post.

7 hours ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

Please tell me you do this as Chad

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, CPLhicks31 said:

Hey thank you. 

And btw, I apologize for saying everyone was low level. I checked before the match, but I was unable to check two players due to the countdown starting in the lobby, so that must have been you 

Yeah I was just shocked to all of a sudden have a bunch of people yelling at me when I was trying to help most of the match. 

Thanks for calling the cops, I was trying to get Jason to chase the car while you were doing that.

Anyway thanks, really appreciate that post.

No problem. I knew what you were doing when I saw you go back and forth between the two cabins & the exit before escaping. They were able to get away and head down towards the barn and I was able to get the cops called (as Vanessa no less). I think they just wanted to whine as I even got all sorts of questions when I was getting to the car about if I was going to steal the car and leave them when I got in to start it. 

Still nothing like the match earlier that night before I joined that lobby someone found a glitch/out of map spot on Packanack Small and had us all waiting out 8min since Jason couldn't get him. The next match he stayed and randomly ended up back on Packanack Small. I was Jason and decided to hunt down only that Player and make sure he didn't try and glitch again & let everyone else survive. Sure enough I caught him on the south end by the main road in the middle cabin. There were two other counselors in the cabin but they noticed I was only hitting that player with throwing knives. He realized that I was there for him and did the surprisingly honorable thing and came out the window so I could kill him (even heard him on the mic saying he knew he deserved it). 

CPLHicks31 hope to catch you in a match again and don't sweat it those who know the game don't fault you. 

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Thatguyinktown said:

Please tell me you do this as Chad

Isn't that a requirement if you're Chad. Or occasionally Lachappa holding a grudge. ?