CPLhicks31

Toxic players who don't realize they are toxic? RANT

I usually do not get overly frustrated with other players, but I had a game today that was very frustrating because the toxic player(s) were being toxic in the name of team play. What I mean is, they had great ideals but didn't really understand the nature of what they were saying. I was at a loss for how to reason with them.

Here's what went down:

So, Jason (part 5) does not bother trapping any objectives and goes right to killing, or in this case attempting to kill. Ten seconds into the game he is on me and he doesn't let up. I lead him around for the first five plus minutes of the game and suddenly he morphs away. I take this opportunity to flee. A few minutes later, as I am jogging down the road to the next set of cabins, I see the two seat car fuming, bustee at the top of the map with no one else around. I pull up my map and see that there are two players running across the opposite side of the map. I assume they had the car, but they are long gone by now. They are out if my mic range, mini map range, and beyond the closest sets of cabins. The way their icons are moving suggests Jason is on them. 

I hop in the car, start it, and drive towards the exit to bait Jason. Instead of leaving, I wait for Jason to morph off them to me, and then I drive all the way across the map to the cabin that they have just climbed into. I start honking and one of them runs out and gets in the car. They tell me that someone is working on the cops, so I drive Jason around a bit until the call gets off. Then we drive out.

I come back as Tommy. Now I have a walkie so I announce my good intentions to help everyone. I literally speak into my mic when I am Tommy, declaring myself available to help. As I start sprinting towards the remaining counsellors, I hear a car driving. I check my map again and all three remaining counsellors are already in the car. Awesome I think. The driver starts yelling "get in the left side, left side asshole." So I run to the car. Wrong side. He starts calling me a dumbass as I get in the only empty seat. I say, "I wasn't sure if you meant your left or my left."

Jason is nowhere to be found. As we're driving to the exit one of them starts yelling at me, saying "wait, you're tommy jarvis you f@#king jerk get out and help the others! Tommy shouldn't just escape you wuss!" I try explaining that there are no other counsellors alive. Everyone I can help is in this car, and Jason isn't even around for me to fight. But they keep cutting me off, lecturing me, yelling and swearing about how Tommy ahould be played. At this point I realize they were all friends and I must have pissed one of them off, who is singling me out 

In the lobby, the one who was swearing at me most starts saying I am a dirtbag for stealing the two seat car. I try to explain that hey, I hate when people steal cars too, but i didnt show up with the keys and drive off right after you fixed it, or wait in a cabin next to it while you did all the work. I came across it completely abandoned in the middle of the road.  The player says, "yeah Jason stopped us so we left it." I say, well sorry but there was no one even remotely near by and no one talking on mics. Was the car reserved for you still at that point? I even drove it all the way back to you, around Jason, just to pick one of you up. Funny thing is, if they had still been anywhere close to the car I would have helped preoccupy Jason for them to get back in.

Usually I dont get frustrated when people are rude, but this person lecturing me on how to play Tommy for no apparent reason was just really odd. I will absolutely die for others to escape as Tommy. Heck, even as Jenny I will usually sacrifice myself to protect a car or fuse box so that others might escape.

Anyway, it turned out everyone in the lobby was low level except me and I dont want to bash them, but there can sometimes be a communication disconnect between different player levels. Example: This person inviting me into the car as tommy then yelling at me that tommy is supposed to help people. They most likely learned how to play Tommy recently, which is great, but as an experienced player I know all about tommy, and I also know that as the last person left it would be more helpful for me to go with them and fight Jason if he stops the car, rather than stay behind and force them to watch me juke Jason for the rest of the match.

Has anyone else experiened "missunderstandings" like this?

• Like 2

Tell them to fuck off. Is that so hard? It would definitely take less effort than writing your post here. Just saying...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 8

Had a match recently with 2 cheaters in it. After the match ended, I called them out for it in a calm manner but they started calling me names and one of them told me "shut up or i'll slit your throat".

I decided not to fight them as that would make it a lot worse but there are some really toxic people in this community. The best thing to do is just leave them, don't make it worse or they'll turn things around and report you for harassing them.

Yeah I say nothing you can do but give your two sense and leave. Soon or later they will quit this game. I don't understand this shit talk mentality late 20s to 30s and 40s sound like preteens to the max. I hate the toxic bro/jock type of guys, they really go in. An most likely use slurs relating to homophobia and racist tendencies. A few nice ones but rare who say bro in the same sentence. Also harassment is a thing when you know someone is shit talking but it doesn't sound like they are playing like a buddy I would report if they target you through the whole match and lobby and record the mics with OBS if they are constantly cussing you and calling you out your name and threatening. Only way to rid the game of toxic players, catch them in the act or hope they quit and forget.

9 minutes ago, noahvt said:

Had a match recently with 2 cheaters in it. After the match ended, I called them out for it in a calm manner but they started calling me names and one of them told me "shut up or i'll slit your throat".

I decided not to fight them as that would make it a lot worse but there are some really toxic people in this community. The best thing to do is just leave them, don't make it worse or they'll turn things around and report you for harassing them.

Now those are some psychopaths I would want banned or something.

• Like 1

There’s no way they are that stupid and unaware that you are the last player alive. There’s also no chance they wanted you to get out & drain the clock while they sit around spectating. I’m almost certain they were trolling & trying to get you angry.

Since you had already escaped once. There is no bonus XP for escaping a second time. You should of hopped out of the car & wasted the entire clock (if possible) that is. Not criticizing your skill but then again people make mistakes & sometimes Jasons just get lucky.

Best advice I can give you is arguing with people online is like trying to explain the health benefits of eating feces to a vegetarian. It doesn’t matter whose right or wrong you’re both wasting your time.

I had a gentlemen tonight whom had to have been in his 40’s whose a self proclaimed backer & claimed to be an active forum member. If this this is true. I hope he reads this. Upon trying to escape Jason shifted around the back of the car & stopped the vehicle. This man had a complete breakdown saying things like “Damn new patch let’s Jason stop cars from the back” & “I miss before the patch when Jason couldn’t stop reversing vehicles” I immediately told him that’s a feature Jason has had since day 1 & almost instantly he started trash talking. I simply told him I was gravely mistaken & unaware the new patch gave Jason this “new” ability.

Point being I wasted zero effort in trying to prove myself. The mild satisfaction of proving myself right is completely pointless to a complete stranger whom I will probably never meet again & chances are if I bumped into tomorrow in person wouldn’t even recognize.

So bottom line. Fuck em

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, CPLhicks31 said:

Dumbasses gonna dumbass, man. There are two rules to a more stress-free existence: be extra-careful sticking your dick in crazy, and don't try to understand/reason with stupid. In both cases, have your fun and drive on.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CPLhicks31 said:

You did the right thing and Jarvis in car is useful, if Jason came in front on you, you can go out and shout him before he crash the car.

About missunderstanding, last time I've played in a lobby without mic, because I don't talk english very well. 2 seat car is ready, I got the keys and a guy with mic wait for me to start the car.
Jason arrives and wait just in front of the car waiting for me to start. So I push the L2 button for go back instanly after the car start, and it works, but the guy can't go in, like Jason can't stop the car. I was planning to start the car, drive back and wait for the guy further but he don't knew that and Jason succes to killed him. He called me bitch when I won the game with car.

Toxic player yesterday, a level 133, we are both counselors, the game ended, don't remember the score but I saw this lvl 133 suicided.
Okay next match, I'm Jason, good game, very challenging, they're trying to beat me for call the cops or repair car, so they're really good. Then I kill everybody except Jarvis and lvl133. Jarvis makes me sweat, he had two knives, I stalked him at least for 5 minutes then I killed him.
And the game stops, 7/8. I check the list, Level 133 "suicide"

I hate this guy, I send him a message on PSN, "two times suicide, why are you playing ?", he answered me "LMFAO".

26 minutes ago, Sinisterslither said:

I hate this guy . . . he answered me "LMFAO".

Ban-worthy.

MI0003180026.jpg?partner=allrovi.com

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, CPLhicks31 said:

So, Jason (part 5) does not bother trapping any objectives and goes right to spawn killing (I have no issues with that).

You mean.   So, Jason (part 5) does not bother trapping any objectives and goes right to hunting players down (I have no issues with that).

:D

The term spawn killing always makes me laugh. 

5 hours ago, Sinisterslither said:

you can go out and shout him before he crash the car.

tumblr_mq1mlyjXnR1sodhrxo2_r1_400.gif

• Haha 1

As soon as someone opens their mouths I go to the scoreboard and mute them. Problem solved.

• Like 2

If anyone is giving you shit in a game just mute them, it's that simple.

I didn't pay £40 to have some cry babies call me a "Try hard dick head" or "Slashing cunt".

Toxic players like that will always be present in games like these.  The best way to get under their skin is to literally not engage them.  I find nothing irritates a troll more than realizing their efforts aren't worth responding to.

• Like 1

I was spectating a match after escaping lastnight. I'm watching Jason hunt this guy down and all is fair, no glitches, no cheating. Jason gets his kill and the player who died says "Fuck this Jason. Punk mother fucker!! I'm reporting this bitch!!"

When I spoke up to ask why he was reporting a guy for nothing and why he would make shit up to get another player banned his only comments were "Fuck you!! Why are you even playing? What are you, like 40 or something? Take your old fucking ass out of here and mind your business."

Luckily, another player was also spectating and jumped in the conversation and finally the dude left the match.

I'm telling ya, this game has THE WORST when it comes to trolls, cheaters, exploiting and just overall shitty people playing it. Makes me sad I bought the game. Makes me ask myself if Gun Media thought about the toxicity of some players before deciding to make it multiplayer and discourages me from playing as much as I'd like.

5 minutes ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

I was spectating a match after escaping lastnight. I'm watching Jason hunt this guy down and all is fair, no glitches, no cheating. Jason gets his kill and the player who died says "Fuck this Jason. Punk mother fucker!! I'm reporting this bitch!!"

When I spoke up to ask why he was reporting a guy for nothing and why he would make shit up to get another player banned his only comments were "Fuck you!! Why are you even playing? What are you, like 40 or something? Take your old fucking ass out of here and mind your business."

Luckily, another player was also spectating and jumped in the conversation and finally the dude left the match.

I'm telling ya, this game has THE WORST when it comes to trolls, cheaters, exploiting and just overall shitty people playing it. Makes me sad I bought the game. Makes me ask myself if Gun Media thought about the toxicity of some players before deciding to make it multiplayer and discourages me from playing as much as I'd like.

Yeah there assholes 

Next time just picture you doing this to themRelated image

• Like 1

10 hours ago, CPLhicks31 said:

and goes right to spawn killing (I have no issues with that).

The fact that you called it "spawn killing" (or labeled it at all) shows me that you might have some issue with it.

10 hours ago, CPLhicks31 said:

it turned out everyone in the lobby was low level except me

It depends on what you mean by high and low level. I would think a true high level player wouldn't even think twice enough to wanna write a thread like this. 

I think those kids got to you and made you think you were wrong, so you came here to lick your wounds with a wall of text searching for sympathy. 

The title of the tread is the most interesting part. It would have been nice if you would've written only a paragraph about your problem and focused the rest on behavior that most people don't think is toxic but really is. 

41 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

The fact that you called it "spawn killing" (or labeled it at all) shows me that you might have some issue with it.

It depends on what you mean by high and low level. I would think a true high level player wouldn't even think twice enough to wanna write a thread like this. 

I think those kids got to you and made you think you were wrong, so you came here to lick your wounds with a wall of text searching for sympathy. 

The title of the tread is the most interesting part. It would have been nice if you would've written only a paragraph about your problem and focused the rest on behavior that most people don't think is toxic but really is. 

I call it spawn killing because it is literally Jason spawning and going strait to killing. Jason has every right to do it though. In fact, I like when Jasons do it because it leaves objectives open for players to work on before Jason has shift. I don't think people should complain when Jason "spawn kills" because A. Jason is meant to kill other players B. It leaves objectives open and C. Jason is more easily avoided at match start anyway.  

And yes, they got to me. I play awful lot. Am I not allowed to get frustrated once in a blue moon? Things like this happen often and it usually never gets to me... this time it did a little and I posted a rant about it (note the "RANT" in caps in the thread title). Forgive me for being human. Yes I could be less verbose, but that is hardly reason to come into a thread and start bashing and assuming things without much evidence. If you don't want to read a long thread then... don't? I certainly don't want to force anyone to. I was just frustrated and wanted to get it out. It doesn't happen often, but it happens. That said, just because I was frustrated one time that a bunch of people started swearing at me over a missunderstanding does not mean I am not a "true high level player". Nice try, though. 

What I meant about the disconnect between some high level players and low level players was this: Some low level players deserve credit for trying, but once they figure out the way something should be done, they police it without knowing the details. Example: Another friend of mine had a game yesterday where they were taking gas and battery to the four seat car. My friend had a knife and two sprays with medic. The four seater was trapped, so the low level player with the battery began screaming at my friend that he was stupid to want to fix the four seater. Before my friend could explain, the lower level player said "you just want to attract Jason" and ran away from the car with the battery. He was right to not want to attract Jason, but unaware that they could actually circumvent all the traps at the 4 seater. He saw the traps as a complete wall; the 4 seat car might as well have not been in the game to him. That is the disconnect i was referring to. Please don't imply I am not a "true" high level player just for getting frustrated for one match out of the 1000 or so that I have played. 

And hey, I get it, lots of people get frustrated and blame Jason for "spawn killing" so I understand where you're coming from. I'm not one of them though.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I don't get this hate over spawn killing. If you're not smart enough to hide, or leave an objective house, then you deserve to get it. It's not your right to loot that house at that very point in the game, and sometimes you get an unlucky spawn. Deal with it.

A couple nights ago, I spawned right in the fuse house, heard Jason, and I made a break for the next cabin. Couple minutes later over the walkie, I heard some idiot counselor berating Jason for trying to "spawn kill" him. Really, bitch? I had what would have been considered an actual spawn kill had I stayed, but you want to claim one because you found the gas and tried to put it in? If you could do better, you'd do better, scrub.

• Haha 1