Kodiak

Community poll: How does it feel to be Jason?

Community poll on how it feels to play Jason in the current patch  

162 members have voted

1. 1. When you play Jason, how do you feel?

• I feel powerful as Jason, like I can take on everything.
    • I feel okay as Jason. I think my skills can see me through every game.
    • I feel weak as Jason. I usually expect groups of counselors to come looking for me.
  2. 2. Is Jason scary or intimidating? Do you run from him, or towards him?

• I think Jason is scary/intimidating. I don't want to try and take him on.
    • I think Jason isn't as scary/intimidating as he once was. I know I can take him on if I need to and I'll probably be fine.
    • I think Jason isn't scary/intimidating at all. I know that I can take him on with no problem.
  3. 3. Do you think it is too easy to defeat Jason?

• No, it's not often that I see Jason being defeated.
    • No, but I see him being defeated often.
    • Yes, I think he is too easy to defeat.

I voted 2 2 3.

I miss OP ass Jason from the OG days where he was practically Darth Vader and smiting bitches with his force grab and hilarious kills. Now everybody stun locks him and when I go to hit people my weapon phases through them like they're Danny frickin Phantom and I get no damage. I feel as if the dedicated servers will remedy the phantom hitboxes somewhat but Jason needs to be able to devastate these counselors with his strikes. When he smacked kelly rowland in F v J she went flying into a tree; when I smack Tiffany she eats it like a bear and smacks me with a bat :mellow:. It feels like the devs don't get how OP J vizzle actually is, he's practically a supervillain with his feats of strength and durability. I'm sad that I don't get to do grab kills as much because everyone hits me with that Dale Gribble Pocket Sand, and i get that it's meta gaming and people are trying to win blah blah blah, but Kane Hodder didn't mocap these awesome kills for the game just so everyone can hit him with a little knife and haul ass away. Knives should have to be manually activated from the item bar, making it a lot scarier when your item bar disappears and you have to remember what slot it was equipped in( kinda realistic since its like rummaging through pockets). Also, Damage on the counselors should be calculated based on where they get hit. If I'm hitting a counselor in the face, especially with Part 8(my fav) who has a big ass fire axe, they should be dead instantly or absolutely molly-whopped to the point where they are stunned waiting for an execution. Shots to the body and limbs would obviously do less dmage but would differ based on where you are hit. If youre hit in arms, youre weapon swing and stun chance should be debuffed, and if you're hit in the legs your mobility should be inhibited. Health spray can still be used, but it should only be able to be used on one part of the body at a time, promoting tactical decision making and creating tension.These changes would go a long way to making the game more tactical for both parties, because now Jason would have to think harder about how he gets his kills, and counselors would have to value their health resources with higher priority and be warier of jason with a possible insta-kill always looming the Jason Player is good with throwing knives.

1 - 2 - 1

I feel very powerful as Jason. Period. It's too easy for me.

The second question was a little biased as it says "I think Jason isn't as scary/intimidating as he once was..." There should be an option for people who oppose that part of the statement, but I chose it because it was the closest one to my response.

I also think it's too easy to kill him in general, but I don't see it occurring often, so I went with the first choice.

In most games with a bunch of random players on the PS4, which is what I generally face as Jason, I get 8/8 more often than not. However, if you have a party of decent people that know one another, coordinate via mic, and play to win, Jason is pretty much toast. 

Pretty happy with Jason right now. I don't really "fear" him but I do "respect" him. 

As Jason, most of the time I feel like I am going to kill everyone. In a good, coordinated lobby, a good Jason versus good counsellors can come down a bit to luck, and Jason feels like a wildcard. In these cases, sometimes I will still kill 8/8, sometimes I a car will escape and I'll have a crap game... Either way, the game is balanced enough that these kind of matches are exciting.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Enigma32 said:

In most games with a bunch of random players on the PS4, which is what I generally face as Jason, I get 8/8 more often than not. However, if you have a party of decent people that know one another, coordinate via mic, and play to win, Jason is pretty much toast. 

True.  9 out of 10 matches in qp are no communication, three people quitting right off the bat, parts held hostage, and general fuckery.  That 1 in 10 match though makes a world of difference. 

• Like 1

I voted Mid, Mid, Too easy.

This patch did make Jason more effective, but the game is still unbalanced in favor of the counselors.

In QP, Jason can do damage against below average counselors. To succeed you merely have to have average skill. On the other hand, a lobby of skilled counselors can utterly outclass even the most skilled Jason whether its 7 vs 1 combat or simply completing objectives. This is imbalance.

The skill level needed to succeed as a counselor increased but not enough to properly balance the game.

On 2/7/2018 at 8:41 PM, Kodiak said:

EDITED BY KODIAK - A long quote; I'd like to remind you about the 'don't quote long posts and don't quote the OP' rule :)

• Groups of counselors can still smack him about far too easily. I've been Jason about 6 times in the last week or so, and (honestly) in half of the games I've played, there are just bunches of counselors grouping up together to try and de-mask me. They hardly go for objectives anymore.
    • Because it's an objective everyone can easily get behind. People like the Player vs Player element to the game. People like playing Jason because he kills Counselors, people like playing Counselors because they want to kill Jason. Because escaping means you don't get to play you get to watch, no one wants to watch. So, ultimately this is always going to happen. The main goals of Jason vs Counselor should be to kill each other. Consider the other objectives as side quests.
  • Counselors aren't scared of him. Most of the time I've seen people running towards me rather than away. 
    • Come on, no one is going to be "scared" at all. People run towards you to protect each other. Learn to watch your back, change your playstyle don't change the game.
  • He can be chain stunned. There's nothing you can do whilst you're laying on the ground waiting to get up, and if a counselor is standing there with a baseball bat, you can bet that they're waiting to whack you with it the moment the recovery frames have ended.
    • Technically, he can be chained stunned but not endlessly and not without benefit to Jason (building rage). You need to learn to adapt.

I really don't understand the player base. The remaining players just want a game that they can kill all of the counselors without issue. You're failing to understand that the intent was to find a balance between both Counselors and Jason. If you let Counselors equip themselves out and not kill anyone by late game you can expect that they will gang up on you to win. Jason isn't suppose to win 100% of the time - not even 75% of the time, I'd argue the intent is that he "wins" 50% of the time. Winning being 8/8 kills. If he doesn't its a partial win, same for Counselors.

• Like 2

On 2/8/2018 at 4:25 PM, stoney said:

The second question was a little biased as it says "I think Jason isn't as scary/intimidating as he once was..." There should be an option for people who oppose that part of the statement, but I chose it because it was the closest one to my response.

A bit difficult to add lots of options in without the poll becoming too busy/cluttered :) Closest option to your feelings on the matter is the best way of going about it, as you have done by the sound of it.

4 hours ago, Jubileet said:

Jason isn't suppose to win 100% of the time - not even 75% of the time, I'd argue the intent is that he "wins" 50% of the time. Winning being 8/8 kills. If he doesn't its a partial win, same for Counselors.

If Jason gets 7/8 7 times out of 10, the other 3 being 8/8, then according to this standard Jason would lose the majority of the time. 

This is a result most Jason main's would probably be fine with as, by this standard, Jason loses 100% of the time in the movies. 

There's more to this than the number of survivors at the end of match evidenced by the numerous "mode" suggestions that folks have made, IMO.

This last patch addressed a bit of Jason's mechanics. That's it. There should be, and I think people expect, a whole package experience. I guess at this point though everything is on the shelf until the engine update occurs. 

4 hours ago, Jubileet said:

I really don't understand the player base. The remaining players just want a game that they can kill all of the counselors without issue. You're failing to understand that the intent was to find a balance between both Counselors and Jason. If you let Counselors equip themselves out and not kill anyone by late game you can expect that they will gang up on you to win. Jason isn't suppose to win 100% of the time - not even 75% of the time, I'd argue the intent is that he "wins" 50% of the time. Winning being 8/8 kills. If he doesn't its a partial win, same for Counselors.

I can see the argument for this case, and it certainly has merit.

I prefer to look at it (strictly speaking for myself) as a case of just ME versus Jason.  If I escape, I win.  If he kills me, he wins (and vice versa when I'm Jason).  It's more of an individualized experience (allowing for teamwork when the opportunity arises), but I certainly don't look at each "match" as a loss for Jason unless he's killed, or fails to kill a single counselor.

From a "meta" perspective, you could argue that even killing ONE player is a "win" for Jason.  The rest of those counselors are going to be fundamentally broken as functional adults after witnessing the brutal murder of a friend and being terrorized by Jason.  Look what happened to Tommy Jarvis in the films as an example.  He may have "won" by surviving, but did he really?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kodiak said:

A bit difficult to add lots of options in without the poll becoming too busy/cluttered :) Closest option to your feelings on the matter is the best way of going about it, as you have done by the sound of it.

Or you could have just make it unbiased... but I digress. :P

• Like 1

Just give Jason another melee attack Please, it would really help when counselors "surround and pound" him, (what me and my crew specialize at).

Give Jason the ability to stop a counselor's attack by grabbing their weapon and then BAM? Backhanding their ass across the room, this would either make the counselor limp or take away a chunk of their stamina, or it could just simply, knock them 10 feet away on their ass

I feel like I'm an experienced Jason who is powerful and relentless. I rarely let people get away. I've never been killed. People tend to back off from me when they failed to gang up on me after I hack people down. I feel confident, even against high level players.

I feel like a lot of Jason players are decently strong enough as well, and I avoid direct contact with Jason 90% of the time. I'm not a stellar counselor (I main AJ) so I keep my distance.

I usually only see noob Jason's get killed. Kinda sucks because they are just starting out and they get beaten on but it happens. 

On 08/02/2018 at 3:59 PM, Rexfellis said:

I voted 2/1/1:

I voted exactly the same, and your reasoning is very good and right along mine as well.

I feel better as Jason now, though still not all-powerful because I'm simply not that great as him. When I have Rage I probably do, but mostly, no. Though definitely not weak.

I don't feel confident about taking him on, unless I have a knife and a good weapon and that's only temporary courage. I've been killed far too often by Jason, and I play good Jasons in Private matches, to risk running up to him.

And I know I've seen or helped Jason get killed in only 8 games out of 510 games so far. I know, because I write my results down.

If I played Quick Play a lot (or even, at all) I accept my feelings could be different.

• Like 1

sadly,i can't really vote here.I only play the offline mode,so i have no idea what Jason would play like against live players,since i'm only in this game for offline modes and content.

The secret to the game being great again is to truly fear Jason. He should we way OP and almost stun-proof, in my opinion.

Counselors need to focus on objectives to get the hell out of the camp, if they can. This is more interesting from the spectator's point of view as well; we all like to see the different ways Jason chooses to execute his victims.

Not only that, but matches would end sooner, and more people would not quit the match like assholes, because they would be entertained as spectators.

Who the f*** wants to see Jason being chain-stunned anyway?

This is coming from someone who gets 8/8 every single match, if 7 counselors work together and surround and pound Jason, there is absolutely nothing he can do but run. And a group pf well coordinated counselors knows when Jason is not around to stay close together so that if Jason shifts out of no where and grabs someone, another can just stun him, freeing their teammate

I feel like they patched the game enough well that when I picked I wanted counselors more they gave it to me for public matches.

I don't try to ever play Jason, when I did I just loved the fact I could get experience points of 1k everytime or so.

Depending on what Jason's I like I don't move very fast, and I forget Jason controls cause I'm not to into it.

I get stunned a good amount of times. I'm barely the one who even tries to devise a plan to kill Jason.

I just wanna get the parts to the car and boat done and just leave the mother-fucking ass camp alive man hehe lol.

I only run up and battle with Jason, aka beating his ass with a "phallic" ~blush~ hehe, weapon of sort's is to free a counselor.

Cause that's when I know I won't die when I hit Jason then and there. I also hit him if I feel I may die if I hit I hit, if I miss I miss.

When I hit I can be lucky enough to survive and possibly be able to survive the whole match. Just depends.

(Also I'm not into playing Jason, because that wasn't the point for me in the movies.

I just like seeing the characters take Jason on and the heroine winning at the end.)