Sign in to follow this  
Faux Show

New Friday Blu Ray Set

Damn it! I bought the dvd set for my buddy for christmas for that price because the blu ray was so much more... Of course they drop the price AFTER I buy it....

9 minutes ago, Truth said:

Damn it! I bought the dvd set for my buddy for christmas for that price because the blu ray was so much more... Of course they drop the price AFTER I buy it....

Now you know how I feel everytime I buy something from Apple.

Yeah I saw this at walmart last night was so ticked off because I got the normal DVD box set not to long ago and now they have this out. 

On 2/7/2018 at 11:54 AM, Charlie Chainsaw said:

I was lucky enough to get the steel case Blu ray set for Christmas a few years ago. I love it. 

i got the steel case bluray set too.It has all the movies,both by Paramount and New Line.

20 minutes ago, JF13 said:

i got the steel case bluray set too.It has all the movies,both by Paramount and New Line.

Hell Yeah! And that cool patch and bracelet. 

I still kick myself for passing on that 12-film collection...

This new set is great, though. The transfers are fantastic...each disc is loaded with lots of fun (nothing new, but still) special features. The only thing that really bugs me is that the part 3 disc includes the anaglyphic 3D version but no red/blue glasses...I can't find my pair from the DVD version so I'll have to order some online. It's less than thirty bucks so I can't really complain, I guess. Everything else I'm happy with...heh...you know, aside from that terrible artwork. 

It is very satisfying to own these films in HD...especially since I grew up watching these on old, worn out cassette tapes. The detail is unbelievable! 

That's pretty cool. I love box sets but I have the DVDs individually and I'm good with that. The quality is still nice. Space is the only thing I struggle with on my horror shelf.

I keep "the big four" series together, plus other horror franchises together, along with another big section of pretty much everything else.

I have all 8 twice on DVD box set.The Blu-ray set has no new features.All other features from DVD Box set.My original box set I got was From Camp Crystal Lake to Manhattan it was $50 bucks.Includes a bonus disc everything you wanted to know about Friday the 13Th but was afraid to ask.While the recent 8 epic pack DVD release has all 8 films in 5.1 Surround sound the original box set some was in Mono while part 6,7 and 8 was presented in 5.1 surround sound.The later box was nice because it really boast the sound since all of them was in 5.1 a nice touch.Still with option for 2.0 surround sound.But again the new blu-ray set offers nothing new or spectacular other then the simple fact it presented in 1080P.While I haven't seen it in HD most the time already movies going through the Blu-ray treatment often there still grain and some times they do a lousy transfer.Tell me if the quality is better picture wise.For example Jurassic Park Trilogy  the recent  Blu-ray set got a lazy and lousy treatment in HD picture quality but yet the same exact set on SD DVD has better picture from 2009.The late set it's like screw it will just not give a crap fans will buy it simple because.Plus the damn artwork is literately from scenes directly in the movie  and if a new person who never seen the films.Much like poster today remember when poster had a kick ass artwork on it now everything is photo shopped and even some spoiling the film.Trailers now do that as well.Friday the 13Th part VI Jason Lives was a enough to tell you he alive no actual scenes from the film.That whole coffin coming from the ground and standing up and opening was more effective then showing anything of the film.Plus back then no one knew Tommy Jarvis was in the film.Marketing a movie has become much trickier every one want to know what the movie is about.I remember a comedy the trailer was funny but after seeing the trailer that pretty much give away the film I didn't laugh one time watching it.Half the time what you see in a trailer is not in the film and some times not in deleted scenes at all.There was absolute no reason for it to be there other then a filler for the trailer. 

I have the first four  and Jason X already, so I don't really have much use for this, unfortunately.  Do they still make the one that has 5-8 in a 4 pack? I heard that was rare. 

3 hours ago, deathbat96777 said:

I have the first four  and Jason X already, so I don't really have much use for this, unfortunately.  Do they still make the one that has 5-8 in a 4 pack? I heard that was rare. 

It's been out of print for a while. I never see it cheap.

I preordered this because I owned 7-8 digitally on my Xbox. I will probably give away some of my old copies.

I might look for it on ebay. Whenever I owned physical copies of the movies before, I mainly found them at thrift shops. I got most of em for like $3 a piece. If I can't find the out of print four pack, that might be my best bet.