Sign in to follow this  
The.Dark.God

Feature Request: Hear the proper Jason music while playing as Jason

I couldn't find a current topic on this so apologies if this is a duplicate.

It would be excellent if a tweak could be made and instead of the generic chase music that the Jason player hears regardless of which Jason they play, the Jason player should hear the appropriate theme music for their particular Jason like the counselors do.  It would be a nice perk, especially since each Jason has a unique theme.

Just my two cents, thanks!

• Like 2

@The.Dark.God I think it has been brought up before, but at least you tried to search. I don't think anyone would disagree, hence the lack of discussion about it.

• Like 1

What I think should happen is that Jason starts hearing his own theme music when a counselor he's chasing is reaching high fear levels. It would make being Jason more fun as well as tip him off that a counselor he's chasing is going full blown panic mode.

• Like 1

Sometimes I don't want to hear music while playing as Jason, I like to hear the environmental sounds so I can track counselors and overhear their plans

• Like 1

On 2/7/2018 at 4:41 PM, Redcat345 said:

Sometimes I don't want to hear music while playing as Jason, I like to hear the environmental sounds so I can track counselors and overhear their plans

That would be a great option too.  Toggle on/off.

Yes i think his generic music should be used to start off with but when he sees a counselor his theme music starts playing. Not sure why this hasn't happened yet.

They outta get rid of the chase music altogether. Only time music should play is if the counselor is wounded & Jason is in range. This would make the game more scary. 

To be honest, what would really make the game interesting is if music happened somewhat randomly (other than the Jason idea I had above).

In horror games, one problem about using horror-themed music is that it tends to tip people off that something bad is about to happen. The first Dead Space game directly screwed with this idea by making it so that music would play all of a sudden in a room where there actually were no enemies, yet the players would become extremely paranoid since they didn't know if something was about to ambush them. Then, while you go into the "safe zone" to go shopping with the music having played its course, you suddenly get mauled by an alien zombie that decided to camp the area. Then you reload, go to kill it, then get caught in a pincer movement because it turns out there's more than one.

Music needs to fool the counselors. The only time music should be predictable is if the counselor reaches high levels of fear, in which case they start hearing Jason's theme music depending on the one chosen while he's chasing them. Automatically hearing his music makes it too easy to detect when Jason is nearby, and as a result people aren't afraid of it. Then, when a counselor does reach super high levels of fear, there's always Jason's Stalk ability to trick the counselors.

Hmmm...I should really create a new thread for this. Maybe a poll would help popularize the idea.

3 hours ago, Trident77 said:

To be honest, what would really make the game interesting is if music happened somewhat randomly (other than the Jason idea I had above).

In horror games, one problem about using horror-themed music is that it tends to tip people off that something bad is about to happen. The first Dead Space game directly screwed with this idea by making it so that music would play all of a sudden in a room where there actually were no enemies, yet the players would become extremely paranoid since they didn't know if something was about to ambush them. Then, while you go into the "safe zone" to go shopping with the music having played its course, you suddenly get mauled by an alien zombie that decided to camp the area. Then you reload, go to kill it, then get caught in a pincer movement because it turns out there's more than one.

Music needs to fool the counselors. The only time music should be predictable is if the counselor reaches high levels of fear, in which case they start hearing Jason's theme music depending on the one chosen while he's chasing them. Automatically hearing his music makes it too easy to detect when Jason is nearby, and as a result people aren't afraid of it. Then, when a counselor does reach super high levels of fear, there's always Jason's Stalk ability to trick the counselors.

Hmmm...I should really create a new thread for this. Maybe a poll would help popularize the idea.

That's what stalk is for my friend that's why that feature is in the game to counteract that effect of the music playing when he's around a counselor.

6 hours ago, Jasonlives4ever said:

That's what stalk is for my friend that's why that feature is in the game to counteract that effect of the music playing when he's around a counselor.

Stalk doesn't make music play randomly throughout the course of a game. And you still auto-hear Jason's music whenever he's within the vicinity. And you don't unlock Stalk until a few minutes into the game. AND each Jason part still can't hear his own music throughout the course of a match, and while that shouldn't be on the entire time, it would still be thematically useful to tell Jason if a counselor has reached high levels of fear.

My points still stand. Music could definitely be improved.