Sign in to follow this  
Havince

Never played a game with such toxic players

Ha.  awful.  I can totally see this happening as people seem very entitled these days that if their worldview isn't what they think they should be experiencing they wig the hell out.  It's beyond creepy and at some point in their lives they didn't get the slap (not a physical slap per se... but a metaphorical one) that you can't just whine, bitch, moan, and report your way to Utopia.   I'm glad I only have about 20 years left on this Planet.

29 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

If you get banned because of a text-based message, then you deserve it regardless of the situation. 

I send hate mail this message. "......" - Alien_Number_Six. Six dots of nothing. Enjoy motherfuckers lol.

There comes a point where you really can’t let godamnit faceless strangers affect you. Too many guys try to act cool about getting irritated by trolls and cunt players but they fume for hours, days. Honestly, just let it go, the trolls, the assholes, etc. Speak your peace on forums and social or whatever and move on. Everyone gets irritated, so just make a post or whatever and move forward. Otherwise, what’s the point of complaining and posting stuff if you don’t let it stay there? I post my frustrations all the time and let it reside in the message. I don’t remember any of the dumb shit I say or who I say it to because I post it and I’m over it. Too many people just can’t let irritations go and it festers and becomes something more like anxiety, depression, and mental illness... all over a video game and something that is supposed to be fun. Good luck!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, BeautyNumber2 said:

There comes a point where you really can’t let godamnit faceless strangers affect you. Too many guys try to act cool about getting irritated by trolls and cunt players but they fume for hours, days. Honestly, just let it go, the trolls, the assholes, etc. Speak your peace on forums and social or whatever and move on. Everyone gets irritated, so just make a post or whatever and move forward. Otherwise, what’s the point of complaining and posting stuff if you don’t let it stay there? I post my frustrations all the time and let it reside in the message. I don’t remember any of the dumb shit I say or who I say it to because I post it and I’m over it. Too many people just can’t let irritations go and it festers and becomes something more like anxiety, depression, and mental illness... all over a video game and something that is supposed to be fun. Good luck!

When I read a post like this, I have to have this on in the background...

Just now, anon said:

xbox live the cesspool of humanity which im part of

PC Xbox and PS4 all have toxic communities. I use to be on Xbox back during the 360 days. So all of them are crawling in toxic waste. 

Just now, Ghostboy20 said:

PC Xbox and PS4 all have toxic communities. I use to be on Xbox back during the 360 days. So all of them are crawling in toxic waste. 

Yeah but all the memes for online gaming came mostly from xbox back when rage and trolling videos where popular.

2 minutes ago, anon said:

Yeah but all the memes for online gaming came mostly from xbox back when rage and trolling videos where popular.

Oh yeah 100% that's where a lot come from.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

Killer is more fun to play in Dead by Daylight then Survivor in my opinion. But I get a ton of hate mail playing Dead by Daylight. Survivors telling me I am cheating, camping, trolling and I am getting reported. I made a game of it. I wanted to see how many hate messages I could rack up in a five hour session just playing the game. I was messaged 27 times with hate. The Friday the 13th community is just stupid sometimes. The Dead by Daylight community of survivors wants you to play their way or they try to get you banned. Dispite the reports my account is still going. Guess those devs don't feel I am breaking any rules yet. 

I didnt like DBD with the whole generator and hook thing. is there new a new mode similar to F13 where you just kill survivors outright?

7 hours ago, Havince said:

I didnt like DBD with the whole generator and hook thing. is there new a new mode similar to F13 where you just kill survivors outright?

Not really.

On 2/7/2018 at 7:29 AM, Havince said:

I have had xbox live for 9 years now approx, and never received a ban or supsension

Since the friday 13th update i have received TWO communication bans and this is the only game i have played, i know the first was because of a message i sent to a player cheating helping jason and it got a bit heated, that was 30th Jan and the suspension was for 3 days. Last night i went on and was told i had another suspension for communication dated the 5th Feb at 11:30pm, id only played 3 games and from the numerous messages of people whining about slash killing, not giving them time to play at start etc i replied to 1 player calling me trash and my reply was that they were salty and if im trash what are they. So either my second ban is for that or im getting banned unfairly. No doubt the person who called me trash didnt get anything

Seriously i dont know if playing this is worth getting a Perm ban for doing nothing but being good at the game

There's always people that say that kind of shit to me too. Just mute them after you give them a comeback 

On ‎07‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 12:29 PM, Havince said:

I have had xbox live for 9 years now approx, and never received a ban or supsension

Since the friday 13th update i have received TWO communication bans and this is the only game i have played, i know the first was because of a message i sent to a player cheating helping jason and it got a bit heated, that was 30th Jan and the suspension was for 3 days. Last night i went on and was told i had another suspension for communication dated the 5th Feb at 11:30pm, id only played 3 games and from the numerous messages of people whining about slash killing, not giving them time to play at start etc i replied to 1 player calling me trash and my reply was that they were salty and if im trash what are they. So either my second ban is for that or im getting banned unfairly. No doubt the person who called me trash didnt get anything

Seriously i dont know if playing this is worth getting a Perm ban for doing nothing but being good at the game

I wouldn't say its exclusively this game, may be the game attracts a few bad eggs and you've been unlucky. However I've found Xbox live to be very politically correct and almost instant acts on any complaint no matter whether the reason is legitimate or not. It was never a problem in the days of the 360. I like to think I'm polite and well mannered, but even I got a stupid communication ban for 3 days! Albeit from another game, I complained with a written message about someone's unsports-man-like behaviour. I got a typical profanity filled response. I got banned because he reported me and I didn't report him even though in comparison I did nothing wrong.

Its sucks to get such silly bans, but all I can say is try not to be goaded into sending messages that adds fuel to the fire. That way xbox don't have any evidence or should I say excuse to give you another ban. Best of luck in the future and I hope you enjoy F13 without getting tangled up in a ban due to a few bad people. 

On 2/7/2018 at 9:04 AM, Bropollocreed79 said:

I had quite the opposite happen last night.  A group of well-coordinated counselors was ganging up on me as J3, and I had to hack a handful of them down to even the odds a bit.  

They were good.  Great teamwork, coordination, and they helped each other every time I grabbed one of them.  Eventually, I got all of them except Tommy Jarvis, who was run over by the 4-seater.  At the end of the round, I braced myself for the worst, but instead was met with good-natured humor and was congratulated on a good round.

It doesn't happen often, but it's always nice to jump into a QP lobby and stumble across decent players who aren't playing to call you a "trash Jason" for going after them, or having a teabag/dance party over your inanimate stunlocked body.  These things happen, but I'm finding more people just looking to have fun with the game the way it was intended on PS4, as opposed to griefers.

Do those kind of experiences really happen, cause I've not encountered that yet. I'm either in rooms with rage quitters, tea baggers, trolls, shit talkers or people threatening to report you for no reason. I wish I could find people who just wanna have some fun instead of being douche bags.

19 hours ago, BeautyNumber2 said:

You make a good point. If one has to escalate a situation when someone is trying to get under their skin, or someone is trying to give sound advice, then that person needs some anger management. This holds true in the forums as well. I wonder which has more toxicity, the forums or the game?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Fair Play said:

I wonder which has more toxicity, the forums or the game?

Seeing as how most members (or all members) here play the game, I'd say it's about equal. Maybe the ones in the game are worse because they can rage quit your game, but not the forum.

Just now, BrokenFattHardy said:

Seeing as how most members (or all members) here play the game, I'd say it's about equal. Maybe the ones in the game are worse because they can rage quit your game, but not the forum.

Sounds about right.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

Do those kind of experiences really happen, cause I've not encountered that yet. I'm either in rooms with rage quitters, tea baggers, trolls, shit talkers or people threatening to report you for no reason. I wish I could find people who just wanna have some fun instead of being douche bags.

Which platform?  I'm on PS4, and I'm finding that indifference or squeakers are in abundance, and trolls are few and far between.

3 minutes ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

Which platform?  I'm on PS4, and I'm finding that indifference or squeakers are in abundance, and trolls are few and far between.

I'm on Xbox One

All this toxic talk led me to read up on what other game communities are like. From what I can tell from the examples, there are worse online communities than F13. But it's got potential though.

DOTA 2 and League of Legends seem to be the worst. I think if F13 had more players then we'd see how bad things really could be. Right now it's seems kind of average in comparison. 

I wish there was a way to see how many people are in-game on the consoles, like you can with Steam  

I’ve never been a online multiplayer fan, never really played online until this game came out. All I can say is that this community has the saltiest players, I have had squeakers call me just about every name in the book and adult players cry like babies. I would find a good group and stick with them, and if you join experienced lobbies beware because they get very cocky, they like to make the randoms Jason so they can kill them, and basically try to embarrass you. 

I play on Xbox btw.