Sign in to follow this  
Havince

Never played a game with such toxic players

I have had xbox live for 9 years now approx, and never received a ban or supsension

Since the friday 13th update i have received TWO communication bans and this is the only game i have played, i know the first was because of a message i sent to a player cheating helping jason and it got a bit heated, that was 30th Jan and the suspension was for 3 days. Last night i went on and was told i had another suspension for communication dated the 5th Feb at 11:30pm, id only played 3 games and from the numerous messages of people whining about slash killing, not giving them time to play at start etc i replied to 1 player calling me trash and my reply was that they were salty and if im trash what are they. So either my second ban is for that or im getting banned unfairly. No doubt the person who called me trash didnt get anything

Seriously i dont know if playing this is worth getting a Perm ban for doing nothing but being good at the game

There are some numptys playing this game. 

Just the other day, I slashed killed someone fixing the fuse box and they sent me a barrage of messages telling me that they "hoped I get murdered in real life", that I was a cheat that was ruining the game, and that he hopes I die of a well known terminal ilness. :lol:

All because I slash killed him early on, in the opening minutes. :lol:

I didnt report him, I just thought him being such a desperately bad loser was quite pathetic. 

But yes, online is at times “Muppet Central". 

I'm so glad I play on PC where this shit is kept to a bare minimum. You console players are savages.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I had quite the opposite happen last night.  A group of well-coordinated counselors was ganging up on me as J3, and I had to hack a handful of them down to even the odds a bit.  

They were good.  Great teamwork, coordination, and they helped each other every time I grabbed one of them.  Eventually, I got all of them except Tommy Jarvis, who was run over by the 4-seater.  At the end of the round, I braced myself for the worst, but instead was met with good-natured humor and was congratulated on a good round.

It doesn't happen often, but it's always nice to jump into a QP lobby and stumble across decent players who aren't playing to call you a "trash Jason" for going after them, or having a teabag/dance party over your inanimate stunlocked body.  These things happen, but I'm finding more people just looking to have fun with the game the way it was intended on PS4, as opposed to griefers.

I played as a counselor the other night and the entire lobby (including me) was quickly steam-rolled by an exceptional Jason player. I was only too happy to compliment his performance after the match ended. Dude was good.

2 hours ago, Havince said:

I have had xbox live for 9 years now approx, and never received a ban or supsension

Since the friday 13th update i have received TWO communication bans and this is the only game i have played, i know the first was because of a message i sent to a player cheating helping jason and it got a bit heated, that was 30th Jan and the suspension was for 3 days. Last night i went on and was told i had another suspension for communication dated the 5th Feb at 11:30pm, id only played 3 games and from the numerous messages of people whining about slash killing, not giving them time to play at start etc i replied to 1 player calling me trash and my reply was that they were salty and if im trash what are they. So either my second ban is for that or im getting banned unfairly. No doubt the person who called me trash didnt get anything

Seriously i dont know if playing this is worth getting a Perm ban for doing nothing but being good at the game

Just throwing this out there, but have you tried ignoring them? Maybe then you'll avoid the ban hammer!

• Like 1

Why don’t you just ignore them and block? It takes WAY more effort to reply in Xbox Live than to ignore and block. Sounds like you brought the bans on yourself. 

• Like 1

I play on PS4 and people trash talk each other all the time. Sony doesn't give a shit

1 hour ago, stoney said:

I play on PS4 and people trash talk each other all the time. Sony doesn't give a shit

They really don't.  

Some of the screen names alone would make David Duke blush.

• Haha 1

It's the internet, you have younger n younger kids acting like babies or brats. Gawd I hate hosts that still quit at any moment & don't have any consideration for others time. 

It's a lot of adults. Most of the worstbs comes from them in my experience. It's why I don't mic up often. Well that and it broke.

• Like 1

A few things:

I have said it before in other threads last year- The F13 is a very toxic community that comes 2nd to that of the Overwatch player base.   I have 7 years on XBL and the Xbox Live Enforcement Team does not mess around on the XB1.  We used to get away with so much trash talk on the 360.  You can not use any profanity when messaging or replying to other players.  If you are reported for a belligerent text, you will be communications banned.  I tried to get creative once in my response to a salty player who messaged me, by telling her "calm down Sugar Tits," and within days I had a com. ban.  People will try to bait you into getting angry and saying or texting something that is against XBL's TOS @Havince , so you have to be mindful of how you handle other's salt.  Try sending them the Xbox Penguin emoji cause it looks like he's just standing there with 0 fucks to give about their comment.  It confuses a lot of people and they really can't respond to a Penguin without looking pathetic.  For those who are pathetic, just keep replying with the Penguin to piss em off more.  

As far as Quick play is concerned- try to stay away from it and search the XB Looking for Group option.  You can filter it with tags for a more mature crowd and other things so you can have a much better experience in Private Matches.  PM's are not immune to toxic play, but their levels are lower than Quick Play's.  Last week I played a Quick Play game solo for the first time (something I swore I never would do), and I too called out two players for assisting Jason.  Sure enough they were all on each other's friends list.  I kept my language clean when I called them out in game chat, I wound up getting false reported 3 times.  I reported them back.  I was disgusted with Quick play and said never again.  I only tried it cause I was on around 11am and could not find a good Private Match that met my criteria at that time.  

I just can't stand when in quick play people leave when they die its like hello your supposed to die 97% of the time don't be mad that you died haha.

IDK, it’s still not as bad as Dead By Daylight. I get some sort of hate message after EVERY killer round, hell even if I only get 1/4 survivors I’ll still get someone whining. Iv said it before, but I think a lot of those players moved over here around the Oct patch and we are still dealing with the fallout. I’d just start reporting anyone who sends you trash talk. If they’re doing it to you, they’re doing it to others. 

• Like 1

I have my PS4 set up so that only people I'm friends with can send me messages. Maybe this is an option for you on Xbox. No temptation to lash out at randoms sending hate mail. Trash talkers in game just get muted.

I played last night with a group. One of friends brought me in and the whole group was fun. On random lobbies you get a lot of.... Crazy as I call it. Toxic people everyone. Mute and or leave the lobby that's what most have to do. I just mute or just ignore them all together. 

9 hours ago, Havince said:

The solution is pretty obvious... Stop responding. Just like most situations in life, it's usually the person retaliating that gets in far more trouble than the person instigating. That said, by far the worst community in gaming is Rocket League. People quit just for going down by 1 goal all the time, talk trash non-stop, and will actively sabotage matches if they think you're not good.

Dead by Daylight is more toxic then this. It dosen't matter how you play as the killer your wrong. Hell I had a person send me a message telling me I was a pile of shit for just playing killer.

• Like 1

Yes, unless you're meeting up with decent players who aren't a-holes, this game tends to have a ton of toxicity.  My advice, ignore the messages you receive and let those people shribble up in their own salts.

I was in a match last night, which really showed how immature some people are when playing this game. There were two Tiffany's in Swimsuits, standing around a camp fire imitating Beavis and Butthead, while doing a dancing emote -

1s3wlm.gif

Another as Vanessa screaming something about 'Fried Chicken', a Brandon saying 'not gonna kill this black man', another was a Chad 'squeaker' who was literally squealing non stop (my ears STILL haven't recovered from that auditory backlash) and a Mitch imitating Tommy Chong running around with a pipe asking people if they want to 'light up with my pipe?' The Jason was Part 2 and was being a complete racist white supremacist.. and then there was me, as Deborah being a 'Solid Snake', repairing both cars as well as the fuse, calling the cops and then sneaking off... just needed a cardboard box!

In the endgame lobby though... Someone must've hit a switch, because it exploded in a racist verbal tirade against everyone... Stupidly, I said how the counselors are meant to work together as a team to get things done and escape... Teamwork in that particular lobby...

giphy.gif

... and sadly that was the BEST lobby I was in last night!

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Not sure how the privacy settings are on Xbox, but on PS4 I have it set to only get messages from people on my friends list. Between that and muting I never hear or read a thing from quick play mutants. Makes life at Crystal Lake pretty damn nice.

I've only had one bad experience on Friday the 13th with someone sending me a nasty picture of a crotch with a weapon through it :/    Oh and one other time where people were talking about some really shady shit so I exited out of that on the next round.  Is DBD really that bad?  I started playing it before Fri13, but put it down as it wasn't as fun, although it was kinda sorta fun but i wasn't into this type of game at the time.  Also there's no voice chat on DBD, right?!  I totally got suckered into purchasing the Michael Meyers character and map thinking it would feel like the Halloween movies, but it felt nothing like it.  All the maps and characters felt dull and the same to me.  Also I'm not a fan of working on generators and seeing people hung on hooks, does the game get ANY deeper than that?  Am I missing out on anything?

2 minutes ago, KartRacerRob said:

I've only had one bad experience on Friday the 13th with someone sending me a nasty picture of a crotch with a weapon through it :/    Oh and one other time where people were talking about some really shady shit so I exited out of that on the next round.  Is DBD really that bad?  I started playing it before Fri13, but put it down as it wasn't as fun, although it was kinda sorta fun but i wasn't into this type of game at the time.  Also there's no voice chat on DBD, right?!  I totally got suckered into purchasing the Michael Meyers character and map thinking it would feel like the Halloween movies, but it felt nothing like it.  All the maps and characters felt dull and the same to me.  Also I'm not a fan of working on generators and seeing people hung on hooks, does the game get ANY deeper than that?  Am I missing out on anything?

Killer is more fun to play in Dead by Daylight then Survivor in my opinion. But I get a ton of hate mail playing Dead by Daylight. Survivors telling me I am cheating, camping, trolling and I am getting reported. I made a game of it. I wanted to see how many hate messages I could rack up in a five hour session just playing the game. I was messaged 27 times with hate. The Friday the 13th community is just stupid sometimes. The Dead by Daylight community of survivors wants you to play their way or they try to get you banned. Dispite the reports my account is still going. Guess those devs don't feel I am breaking any rules yet.